Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1502) Meeting of the Mighty

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Asp

Einstein had a mad proud streak, that much was obvious. But she'd apologized, such as it was, and after a beat, Asp gave a slow nod. It would do. It was a start.

"Fair enough. I don't expect everyone to agree with my decisions as Sentinel and do things exactly like I'd do 'em, but I would prefer not to be publicly shamed for taking lawful actions within my authority. I'm in this to protect people, right, so sometimes I'm going to have to exercise some judicial authority to do that."

Weavebreaker's points came and went, and Asp rolled a hand, looking at the now dark-haired countermage. "Weave, speaking of which - I'm going to be putting together a briefing for the Adamantine Arrow shortly regarding the University. I'm going to be assigning a team of Talons to investigate the Banisher presence in the Athletics department. I'm telling you in advance because I'd like you to lead that team, if you're up for it - which means some research in ahead of time. There'll be a full info package for you at that meeting, and I'll forward it on to the Council as well for distribution. You game?"

The question of the Charter made Asp frown and rub at her cheek idly, a look on her face that suggested the young Arrow wasn't exactly impressed with how things had gone down.

"Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, arbitrary limits don't generate the best decision. No more than two in an Order, no more than two in a Cabal? No apostates, no solitaires? It's too much. We're not that big of a Consilium. I think that Paths are more than capable of determining who is the Wisest among them, and if their determination proves incorrect, they can remove them. Councilors are representatives for Paths. Let the Paths decide how they decide. Politics are their own conflict, their own battlefield. Nobody grows if the rules takes away the potential for forces to collide and people to learn from it."

And as for the Councilor?

"Sorry, Star, but I think... you. I think you should be the Councilor. And I don't think it because you're currently the only option by the Charter, and I don't think it because you're my Cabalmate. I think it because you have the balls to stand up for what's right, the tact and skill to do it effectively, and you don't want it. That suggests to me you're not going to abuse it." She looked to the dark-haired ladies next, then Ermac, then back to the mop-haired Guardian. "And I think you should take one of these two Libertines as your Provost."

"I'm Sentinel. Yeah, I can be an effective enforcer of your Will and our system of Favors, and help you out all day long - but ultimately, the Consilium looks to me to police it and defend it. It's not a small job. Leo's gone, Jonokuchi's gone, and Animus is dealing with his own stuff right now, so I need to focus on it and leading the Arrow. We're campaigning against the Banishers, and I want Weavebreaker working with me on that full-time. This Consilium needs more than one Sentinel to protect it."

Surprise.

Asp had been paying attention. The Underrated Arrow sometimes needed a chance to Do, a chance to shine. She'd been here years. Time to demonstrate all that she'd learned.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein payed attention while they talked. She wasn't about to get caught and lost and then screwed by a lack of knowledge again. That was just unforgivable. The Banisher problem was being slowly ground out, apparently. Hopefully the Temoins would get involved in that soon enough. Not that she was going to say anything now. They weren't involved yet, there were no plans to get involved, ergo it would be stupid to promise support. She might just have to drag it back out later. Besides, it seemed VT had it handled anyway. The rest of what Weavebreaker said was...strange? Disjointed, at times. What Einstein managed to draw from it was that she thought in terms of potential and she was looking at both sides.

Ermac seemed to be saying roughly the same thing as her, although with more details. She could kinda see why he'd gotten elected. If it wasn't for the fact he still didn't have a Cabal, he'd probably get re-elected. But, of course, he still didn't have one.

And then Star, with his two cents. Not just about the Council; she mostly agreed with what he said there. Sorta. She could understand it, at least. What he was implying with his questions though? Different story. "I do what I do for the Awakened. For everyone." Duh. "And yeah, probably. But that's not what they're going to see if I take Councilor. Their opinions of what I say are going to be colored by their opinions of me. And that means I can't do what I need to, for the Awakened."

And the next was Asp. Her own thoughts, her own opinions. Most of them understandable. One of them she actually agreed with, for the first time so far. "I agree with Asp on the Councilor. You're doing a good job so far. You got this meeting called. You got us talking without any yelling and screaming." And with Einstein in the room, no mean feat. "Since, until the Charter gets changed, I think we're the only two eligible, and I wouldn't be the best choice," It hurt to admit it again. Almost physically. She'd have to cut back on that later. Stare in a mirror and tell herself how awesome she was. "I think you should keep it. And since Asp is apparently stepping down, I'm happy to be Provost and help you handle the load when you can't, if that's still your concern."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker continued eating as she listened on, devouring the slices with ease. She nodded softly along with everyone's words as each took their turn of inputs.

"I figured a change from Order and Cabal to Order or Cabal was easier change to make, but.." Weavebreaker eyes slowly moved between each of them. "I take it the general consensus is for the Path to elect who they wish to elect. Yes?"

Weavebreaker attention turned to Asp. "I am more than willing to help." She appreciated the vote of confidence from her and Star, though in different aspects.

"I can honestly say I would trust any of you in the position and I truly mean that." Weavebreaker spoke with sincerity as she gave each of them a nod of her head. With all her concerns surrounding various aspects of the Consilium, she could honestly say her fellow Path wasn't apart of it. Her attention shifted back to Asp.

"May I have permission to teach dispellation and counterspelling to the Consilium?"
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

E
    Ermac

Star's opinion vote was noted. He opted not to attempt to correct his statement. Poor choice of words strikes again, he thought to himself glumly.

Lifting his eyes back up, hearing the circumstances laid down by Asp added more information to consider. The Path was eager to help repair the broken Charter. Einstein said it best, no one was yelling or screaming. It was a calm reasonable exchange of thoughts.

"I have to agree with Asp. With all that's going on, her role as Sentinel is a priority."

"Star, there's not much more I can contribute beyond what's already been said. You knew when to step up. You know how to call it like it is. You have my vote for Councilor."

Looking to his fellow Libertine, "This Charter is for everyone. You should have the opportunity to help. I won't stand in your way."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Long fingers toyed with the crust of a pizza.

Pizza bones. That's what crusts were. The detritus of something consumed. Kind of like an election. Selecting a Councilor was the pizza crust of life.

"You guys. You guys, well, guys and girls, or ladies, I didn't mean girls as some kind of, you know, demeaning word? Ladies. Women. You, uh. Males and females. But. Look. I'm super flattered? But, seriously, no. I don't want to turn around, you know, and have two of my cabal up there. Besides that other small detail, that it's like super boring and stuff." True story.

"Einstein. What are you afraid of? Nobody has to like you. That's not the prom committee. I mean, I'm not saying you weren't on the prom committee, but, if you weren't, that's not it. Weave. I wish you wanted to. But, I get that you don't, because I don't, and if I said not wanting to was a crime, I'd be like Mister Super Hypocrite. So here's what I think. I think we ought to see how Einstein does? Maybe she's right. Maybe she's wrong. If she's right, we'll just try again. And maybe Ermac could Provost so that he could, uh, share his, uh, experience. As a Councilor. And, like, he's a details guy."

That rote stuff was totally Order business.

Flat vanilla coke. Gross, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Sirith, Whisper liked this post
    C
    Casitive

48 Hour Bump

A
    Asp

Sorry about the delay - crazy long weekend!

Weavebreaker earned a thumbs up to the willingness to help do things, and a nod to teaching counterspelling. "Go for it. I personally don't mind teaching rotes so long as they're not our Order's secrets." No reason not to, plus rotes for dispelling were common as cocaine on a dollar bill.

It wasn't like they had a choice if Star wasn't willing to be Councilor. Her head swung around to allow her a Serious Gaze at the Libertine who was going to hold their seat.

"All right, Einstein."

Hands found the table gently.

"I'm up to give you a go - but you need to remember something at the very forefront of your mind. Up there in that seat? You're not representing the Free Council. Up there, you represent us... which means you represent two members of the Adamantine Arrow, a Guardian of the Veil, and another Libertine. What you do affects us. Your agenda should be our best interests, and that means no more walking into Consilium and slinging mud about the process and law or making public announcements about how everyone should join the Free Council."

She leaned forward, as if to emphasize one last point.

"Because you are the process and law, if you take this job on. You're the Man. If you do well, people will respect you for it."

Didn't it feel dirty?

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein was The Man.

For a moment, it went straight to her head. She was in charge now. Sort of. As long as she played her cards right.

And then it came crashing back down. She was The Man. the very people she had been fighting against, the very people she had yelled and screamed at, for being petty tyrants, and for having no respect for the rights of others. She was one of them now. She had the power to slam down her boot and crush those under her. If she did it right.

That scared her. So she fell back to familiar thought patterns. The Free Council said a position of authority was a responsibility, it didn't give her any more power. And no matter what Asp said, she would bring touches of the Free Council with her. It was in her nature. An Arrow Councilor would bring the Arrow mindset with them. You couldn't just stop believing what you believed in. You could only apply it differently.

She nodded. Slowly. "Since apparently I'm the only one both willing and able to take this spot, I guess alright. I mean, at this point, I'm the only one who can. And I'd be a hypocrite if I said no." The pizza found itself being put down, barely half-eaten. It wasn't getting finished tonight. She looked around at the others, especially Asp. "All I can promise is that I'll do my best."

Seems she'd have to restructure her priorities. And talk to Gyges. For multiple reasons.

And now it was time to do Councilor things, apparently. "So. Star, you called this meeting, so I assume you had things you wanted to talk about." Unless he called it to dump the responsibility on someone else and then let them figure it out. "I'll let you take the floor tonight, since I didn't have an agenda in mind."

She looked at Ermac thoughtfully. "On the subject of Provost, Ermac isn't technically eligible yet. Even if that law is going to be changed, and it is, it's good to make a show of obeying it." Even she knew that, as much as it hurt. "So, Ermac, you can't be my Provost. I'm going to leave that spot open due to a lack of able bodies, and you can be my 'assistant', until you find a Cabal or that law is changed. That work for you?" She looked around again. "And everybody else?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Nope, actually? I'm all good."

Holy Gettysburg, Batman. Hadn't he just given, like, three actual for real speeches? What more did the woman want? Him, he wanted another Vanilla Coke. Even though his mouth felt sticky and his teeth were, ugh, well. Really, there's no point in doing anything half way. He'd have his Coke binge for the year, right here, right now. File Under Fifteen Minutes Done.

It's amazing how loud popping a can's tab is in Dead Awkward Silence.

Hey, Einstein?

You want a legate fancy? You want an assembly? You want a ministry?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker glanced to Einstein and gave a soft nod of her head. She figured it would be interesting to see what she could do in the mix of things. She shook her head softly. "I think I about covered my concerns..."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.