Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Measuring the Mysterium

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

OOC
    Fillard Goldman Museum - 2:30PM

Truce arrives via his Chevy Impala, driving it into the parking lot where he sits a moment to conduct his usual castings. He wears a button up shirt beneath a sport coat and outer jacket, rather casual for him. There's a lot on his mind today regarding this meeting, and he reviews it privately as he ascends the steps towards the entrance. Miach had said during their phone call that he would be there at the doors. But waiting wouldn't prove difficult.

Mage Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-01 19:27:19 Truce rolls 7 to cast Third Eye at the Museum [WIT+Emp+Mind] (10 Again) 9, 2, 1, 9, 6, 10, 8, 3 4 successes
    2015-02-01 19:27:01 Truce rolls 7 to cast Grim Sight at Museum [WIT+Occ+Death] (10 Again) 9, 2, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5 4 successes

Miach

PRE

Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-02 17:16:02 Miach rolls 9 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 (10 Again) 1, 1, 7, 2, 9, 5, 4, 7, 3 1 success
    2015-02-02 17:15:43 Miach rolls 9 to Res 3 + Ath 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 (10 Again) 5, 9, 6, 6, 3, 9, 4, 1, 7 2 successes

Since he was coming from his work, Miach was wearing his business suit, and it was a change from his usual, more casual clothing. It added to his seriousness, even if it was belied by his friendly smile.

Striding up the familiar steps to the Museum, the mystagogue wondered whether he'd have time to see Gina or not. A quick check of his watch cleared that option away. It would have to wait. A couple more steps, and Truce was to be seen.

Hurrying a bit, the tall doctor quickly reached the other Awakened, and greeted him gladly. "Hello Truce, how are you ?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles as he approaches the familiar figure of Miach and extends a friendly handshake. "Miach, I am well, thank you. And thanks for meeting me on short notice. There's just so much happening in the city that I don't want to be left behind, so I guess, well, I guess that's my reasoning. So, how are you?" Their previous meeting had been a brief one so Truce is still primarily unacquainted with his fellow Path member, but that would be just another reason to speak today. And a little small talk to start wouldn't hurt.

Miach

PRE

Shaking hand with the Moros, Miach smiled as they engaged in chitchat. "Yes, the city is bustling with change." the Acanthus admitted covertly. It was undeniable. Whether the change was good or bad remained to be seen, though.

"And don't you worry..." he finished with a wave of the hand "I was free today." A small white lie, but close enouhg to the truth.

"How am I ?" he pondered the question for a second. To Esmeralda, he would have told the exact thoughts and feelings crossing his mind as best he could describe them. To Tyria, he would have told the truth, though probably not the full extent of it. To Truce...

"Well enough, I reckon. Busy, busy, busy, on all fronts. Which is good !" he added with a laugh. "There's always need for a doctor, after all.

But what about you, then ? It's not so long that you've arrived, right ?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Ah, that's right, the medical field. I imagine that makes it difficult to balance your work with your, erm, hobbies. Or perhaps it's the other way around. But yes, it hasn't been too long but I feel as though there's a pressing need for me to familiarize myself with current local events. And that means figuring out which clubs I fit into. Luckily I've already found some roommates and a place to stay. People with similar interests, but I'm still getting adjusted."

The vague subject matter of their discussion is already weighing on Truce, feeling its restrictions. So he gestures towards the entryway. "Is there perhaps somewhere private inside where we can talk? You're familiar with this location, aren't you?" Perhaps he is mistaken, but Truce believed the Museum had some connection to the Mysterium from his first arrival, which meant that Miach may know the place better than most.

Miach

PRE

OOC

So the man was indeed interested in learning more about the Mysterium... Tyria would be glad to have another recruit, for sure. "It is hard indeed, though to be honest, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who must find some balance between a job, and... hobbies." the Acanthus tilted his head to the side, as if inviting the other man to elaborate on his own case, but then realized that it would be best indeed inside one of the Museum's staff-only workspace.

Leading him to the one he had been given access to, he merely played the tour's guide, introducing him to the Museum's pieces of Mesopotamian art on display.

Once safely out of earshot, though, the "Real" conversation quickly resumed. "So you've already found a Cabal to fit in ? That's great, I'm glad for you ! And which one, if I may ask ?" because Truce hardly seemed like Archangel material to the Enchaner, for instance.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce nods politely as he follows the Miach through the building, trusting that he knows where he's going.

Miach's question regarding Truce's Cabal is permission enough to talk freely between them. "Oh, it's a new one, actually. Newly formed. We're using the name, Temoins du Sud. It's French for Southern Witnesses I'm told. It's a big change for me. I was never very involved in the Pentacle before, just sort of schooling with my mentor, and college, and work. It's all been very trying for me I suppose. But, well, tomorrow always comes."

Truce smiles hopefully and folds his hands behind his back as they walk, unless Miach decides to stop for any reason. "Oh, I finally spoke with Bishop. I remember you suggesting it the last time we met. He seems a very serious sort of man, but still quite intelligent. I never did find out much about the GLO situation, but my services are being drawn elsewhere for the time being. And I've met a man named Darkslide too. Have you met him before? I think he showed up in the city about the same time as me. One of your Order he's told me." It seems like small talk still, but the content is more a part of their Awakened World, so it carries that much more relevance.

Miach

PRE

"Tιmoins du Sud, eh ?" Miach repeated, though the inquiring tone was encouraging the bookish mage to expand on it. "And what do you hope to achieve ?" he asked, curious as to their shared purpose. Or was it merely a gathering of convenience ?

Their talk then moved to grimmer concerns, alas. "GLO is a plague upon us, and if you're interested, I could share what little I know of it with you, instead of Bishop. But I can understand being split between various duties, it's no problem." Except when lives are at stake, but it was too early to placate the man. He may very well be tending to another legitimate issue.

"I only got to meet Darkslide in passing during the latest..." community mess "Formal Consilium. But yes, he's from the Mysterium too..." and once again, the voice lingered, as if inviting Truce to expand as he saw fit about it.

Looking around, Miach noticed sadly that there was no coffee. He'd have to offer water to his guest. Damn...

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Well we're mostly hoping to function as Edgetenders, watching over the growing number of abandoned Hallows and keeping an eye on our Consilium border to the South. But our goals may transition into something else as time passes," replies Truce conversationally.

He addresses Miach's offer to discuss the GLO case further. "Yes, I wish I could help you with the investigation, but I don't wish to get sidetracked if that's alright. I'm sure your time is valuable as well. I've already spoken with Darkslide at length about this, but I felt there is a wider perspective regarding the role of the Mysterium within the Pentacle. I hope you're willing to answer some of my questions about this. I'm considering pursuing the Mysterium for membership but I'd like to make sure it aligns with what I want to accomplish as a Mage." He looks at Miach, hoping to see understanding in the man's expression. It might be presumptuous of him to even think he is worthy of membership since he is an unproven Apostate.

Miach

PRE

"This is a worthwhile agenda." Miach said approvingly, hoping to steel the man's resolve.

Now came the heart of the matter... the Mysterium. No pun intended, it had mostly been a mystery to the Enchanter until his initiation, and he now perceives things much differently. He's even pretty sure he still misses all the implications, so widespread it seems to him. His gaze becoming even more serious, the Seitian's body language changed as well. He straightened slightly and leaned forward.

"Shoot." was all he said with a nod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread