Ended
Watch

A Creative Use of Time (MOHII)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    Casitive

Added responsibility brings with it the need to be more creative with the crooked bow of time. Time management is a bit of an art rather than it is a science; David, at least, makes due. Responsibility to his Family has brought David to the Nox, to make himself available; but while he is here, he'll study some new materials sent by Vincent Temple. A marbled notebook, a pen, and the aforementioned packet of information sit in constellation around him; the comforting sound of paper against paper echoing through the small chamber.

David's blazer slouches over the back of a chair. He himself is blandly dressed in khakis, a button up shirt rolled to his elbows, and an indigo vest: the fairly standard uniform of a man in perpetual mourning. The only thing that stands out, is a small bundle of lavender flowers on his leather satchel, on their way to a watery grave in the River.

Dull-brown eyes glances out into the hallway, wondering if this is another night where he will be the king of solitude.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Once darkness had fallen tiny Martha began to make her way towards the Elysian Field.

There was a lot she needed to know and more to resolve. Deciding it was best to make a start and get the encounter over with, find the price David was going to exact from her, she headed to meet him.

As usual, Martha is neatly attired in an English style school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly...yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style...spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a short gymslip which shows her legs to mid thigh. Her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each tied with scarlet ribbon bows.

A swift glance would reveal that she's using her simple metal peg leg.

She wears a white knee sock on her flesh leg and a single carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoe, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. Martha wears a useful looking school satchel and carries a simple metal walking cane. Though smelling of minty toothpaste and lemons, she's shunned more obvious cosmetics.

She emits no Beast.

Her petite presence exudes almost tangible sweetness and innocence.

Martha hobbles to the meeting room door and knocks gently. Waiting for permission to approach.

Her leg aches. Feeling pale and weak, her peg leg drags and Martha makes full use of her cane.

"Priscus...?" she asks meekly.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

David's pen stops its dance across the notebook paper as the tap-drag of a leg becomes apparent. His head lifts and he slides his pen into the spine of the marbled notebook, closing it. “Come in,” the Priscus responds as Martha's voice travels to the Mortician. Rising, he comes around the table offering to assist the Mekhet into the chamber. “It's good of you to come, Miss Villiers.”

The Dragon Mortician's greeting is formal, stiffly so.

Once Martha is settled into a seat, David folds himself down.

“Mr. Temple sent me a packet of information recently that I should get through,” A gesture towards the pile of materials. It's partially an explanation, partially a statement.

Turning his attention back towards Martha, David inquires, “How may I assist you tonight, Miss Villiers.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods and looks at the paperwork that has David's attention. Enough to assess the scale of the work ahead, rather than be so uncouth as to try to read any of it.

Seeing that he was in a 'get to business' mood, Martha smiles and clearly grateful for the help he's offered, she begins;

"Well, Priscus, when we spoke last you kindly offered the chance to meet so as to discuss terms of Tenancy. I would also be grateful for some guidance and instruction on current events. I feel, I regret, a little out of sorts!" she nods meekly. "I must also confess to have been most ungracious at Court. I was in an ill humor and for that, sir, I apologize"

Pale and her voice thin, she rubs at her peg leg.

Falling silent, she let David take the lead now she'd set out her position.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

“I noticed,” David admits off of Martha's explanation that she was in ill-humor. “I chalked it up to the somberness of the evening as well as the event itself, as savage and as brutal as that was.” The Mortician crosses his leg, ankle to his knee as he has always done in the past; from his tone he seems to accept the apology.

The scent of Lavender faint on the air.

“With fresh minds, then, let's talk about current events.” David pauses as he gathers his thoughts, “There are a number of obstacles still facing the domain. Investigations into the Society of Penelope are still on-going. I've met their supposed Hierophant and found him to be a Charlatan. Personally, I'm following leads, Madame Yui having stumbled on another.”

A beat, signaling a change of thought, “Mr. Heinz gave up the Lady Elder of Cedar Fields. He claimed ignorance as to what was in the box he delivered to Wooding and did not seek question it.” It's easy to tell that David is less than pleased at this. “He hid behind your name when questioned about it. We now have no tangible clue to investigate in the matter of the Elder. I've requested that individuals search out the vagrants I witnessed the night of Aοleen's murder, but I suspect that this is something I will have to do myself.”

In the end, David is coming to the lonely realization that he will have to do everything himself.

“A group of Kindred are investigating the mysterious figure of Nefertiti Khan and her associates.” David recounts, “She seems to be building a resting place, hidden in plain sight. I haven't heard since any new updates since the meeting in November; my expertise hasn't been called to assist them yet.”

Running fingers through his hair, the Twilight Dragon adds, “Changes to the Court are wide and far-reaching, building off of ties to Family rather than Covenant. Prisci are directly responsible for their families and Whips are our seconds in the event that we are unable to attend to things ourselves. We hold the power of Regency within the Communal Zone. As you might have guessed, we currently lack a Seneschal or Harpy. The Laws have not changed: mind the traditions and do not feed from First Responders.”

“Is there something you'd like to hear about more in depth, Miss Villiers?”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened and tried to follow all this. It was stark indeed.

"I never intended to surrender the body to Regent Brady, sir. It was merely a ruse. However, my absence came upon me before I could make that clear to anyone..." she sighs. Hanging her head, inwardly cursing the timing of it all.

Rubbing her peg leg, she looks up and nods to David as he explains things.

"I have four questions, sir. Where are the current Elysian Fields? You say we have Regency over the Communal Zone, who holds the other Regencies and where are they, sir? Might I beg Tenancy within the Communal Zone, please and is there a task I can usefully put to help with any of these inquiries?"

She blinks. Tugging at her skirt, Martha finds the whole tapestry of events quite remarkable.

There must, she muses, have been some critical moment when things could have gone better...

C
    Casitive

“Be that as it may,” David says with a mote of quiet conviction, “Mr. Heinz lacked the initiative to ask a question. You above all know that the defense of 'just following orders' has fallen upon deaf ears since the Nuremberg Trials. One must always,” referencing the Principa Draconis, “take responsibility for the change they bring.”

For a moment, David closes his eyes to the outside world, re-centering himself.

But this is why he has taken the positions he has. The phrase 'Never-Again' filters through his thoughts – even if it proves to be difficult.

“The Nox is the only full-time Elysium. The Asylum may as well be as it is still in the direct possession of His Grace. Regent Hart has passed away.” David doesn't even acknowledge Brady as Regent. “May I ask what plans you have for Tenancy, Miss Villiers? Further, you know yourself more than I do, what can you contribute to the stability of the Domain?”

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Regent Hart?" Martha stands and wobble on her peg leg. Clearly shocked. "Dead?" she whimpered.

She'd not had many dealings with Roxie. But she and her legs had always seemed invincible. Eternal.

"I..." She wobbled again and tried to recover her composure. Grabbing hold of the table for support. Taking her seat again, she rubbed at her peg leg and thought about Roxie. "I cannot believe it, sir! Regent Hart!"

She dare not speak for a while.

Matters were becoming, paradoxically, clearer. Some form of disaster had befallen the Domain and she blamed Erika.

After a while, she clenched her fists and rubbed them deep into the flesh of her thigh stump before looking at David,
    "I... As you know, I understand the workings of Relics and can read occult texts. If there is anything I can do towards understanding the workings of the strange cult, then I shall be glad to offer my intellect to that task." she tried a smile.

But she felt too hollow at the ill tidings to make it real.

C
    Casitive

“Along with Dog,” David adds in his calming pastoral cadence. His eyes flick down towards the table, gauging how much to explain while his fingers lace themselves together. The Twilight Dragon rises to his feet and moves towards the door, checking the hallway before prudence ultimately gets in the way. “The situation is exceedingly fragile. When it begins to gel together, I'll be able to tell more of what happened. His Grace is appraised.”

It takes a moment to return his mind to the matter of Tenancy at hand.

The memory of the blinding flash of fire that took the lives of a Regent, a Rampant Dragon, and a Knight lancing through the Shadow's thoughts. Sense memory follows and for a moment, David feels as though the heat of the explosion washes over him again. A quick shake of his head.

“I see.” David regards Martha with due weight, “Here's a possibility. You will owe me vis-ΰ-vie the Clan a Major Boon, which I will call on immediately and have you find the Vagrants that lured Aοleen to her doom, as well as a Major Boon to His Grace, in exchange for Tenancy within the Communal Zone. I'll further suggest that you offer your ability to relics with the investigation into The Society of Penelope.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha now adds outrage to shock. The loss of Dog suddenly seemed the least of her worries.

She blinked, staggered.

"Dog too...?"

Martha had anticipated this strange behavior. But it was still a rude awakening.

It is as she feared at Court.

Staying as calm as possible, Martha gathered her cool. Asking her to track down the very people who'd killed Aileen - it made no sense. He'd just admitted he knew about them. Suddenly it seemed like a trap to her. A cruel, malicious, vengeful trap. Any trust she once felt in David bled away in a cold instant.

"I know my limits, sir. You task me with finding vagrants I can have no possible knowledge of. I wasn't there... I never saw them. You are correct, sir; it is likely you are doubtless best equipped to locate the very people you witnessed first hand."

"I am now in a difficult position, sir. I cannot concede to a Boon knowing it to be near impossible or practical to complete. As to the matter of the matter of the Relic, that I can do..."
    she nods.

Blinking, Martha wondered if she'd get a better deal from another Priscus, or rather, simply just claim the now vacant Domain of Regent Hart for herself. David, after all, had seemingly grabbed his own authority with no recourse to outside permissions.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.