Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper scooted her Chair closer to Animus and softly spoke, "There's something about the Thyrsus councilor seat you're going to need to know. The Councillors accepted Nous's proposed Lex revisions and it include requirements for the Councillors. They have to be in a Cabal and an Order. Idun being Apostate and without a Cabal will likely be removed immediately, leaving Striker and yourself the only ones eligible to take her place. Ermac has an Order at least, he might be given an extension to find a Cabal..." Pepper hesitated there, then sighed.

"Would you object if the Panthera Nox offered to foster him until he can either find one of his own or someone else takes the seat? Nous says he's a decent councilor, but he needs some sort of support in it." Damn, their cabal really was turning into a support group for people in power positions past or present. Would Faye be uncomfortable with that? She wasn't here either, which was the hard part of all this.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

All the fleeting grabs of his attention. Didn't they understand that he was -- No, that wasn't fair.

Particularly unfair to a cabal member who sounded like she actually had something important on her mind.

After a moment, the shaman's mental focus shifts to Pepper's words, although his gaze continues to flick about the room, watching for trouble.

Words that hit like a knife. He'd protected himself. Arguably. But was he doing the Consilium any favors by staying away from the Councilor position, and letting others sort it out? Though at this point, perhaps I'd be worse than Idun.

A sobering thought. Still, Pepper had proposed a way out for everyone. "If you trust him enough to make the offer, it's enough for me. And with Councilors expected to be representatives to the Consilium, the requirement that they be reasonably well connected makes sense."

Emrys

PRE

The Enchanter blinked from his seat next to Animus. Pepper's political talk was not lost on the Syndic, even if she tried to scoot her chair just slightly closer. Hey though, points for attempted Diamond exclusionism.

And speaking of exclusion, the Enchanter cast a miffed glance to Ermac as it was so graciously mentioned Panthera Nox would be giving him the privilege of remaining a Councilor if he joined them at least temporarily. How generous of Nous. Emrys was sure the fact that nondiamond Councilors being the only ones at risk was just a coincidence, as was the fact Ermac joining Panthera Nox would give them three of the five Councilors, a Sentinel, and a Provost. How totally not exclusive and politically motivated of them.

"Sorry," Emrys started, having no problem hearing a conversation taking place only a few feet away. "I was under the impression that a table in the back wouldn't be so filled with private conversation. I think I should go."

Emrys rose from his seat, and proceeded to move away from the conversation as quickly as possible.

Unless stopped, Emrys returns to the main thread.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper frowned slightly at Emrys's back, then turned to Animus with concern in her eyes. "If I had realized what it would me for you sooner I would have talked to Nous about it. This puts you in a tricky situation that you didn't want." She sighed then chewed her lower lip and looked to the Councilor table - which of course distracted her by all the questions getting thrown up front.

Closed Thread