Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Councilor's Table (Striker, Avis)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Really Striker?" Avis asked, stepping inches closer, fighting to keep her voice low even though all pretense of calm was now gone. "A misunderstanding? You think you can beat me? You think you can fucking lay your hands on me because you don't like what I have to say? That I can be cowed by your misshapen fucking fists, or by your good ole bumpkin act? Well fuck you. I am going to make sure every fucking person in this room knows just what a piece of shit you are. Maybe I'll be punished, too, for almost dropping you, but I don't give a shit. Unlike you, I have no problem accepting my failures."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Sirith liked this post
    T

Striker knew he should just walk away and leave the crazy bitch to rant. But first he had to let he know that he wasn't her puppet anymore. He took a step forward of his own, leveling his gaze at her and maintaining eye contact. Close enough that he could talk quietly he said in a calm, steady voice "I'm not playing your game anymore ay. Try something else if you wanna get a rise outta me bitch."

It wasn't exactly what Bishop had suggested, but he hadn't expected Avis to be this bloody insane either.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Then STEP. OFF." Avis snarled, tensing beneath her suit. For all of her hatred of the animistic mindset, it was clear that the primal parts of her brain were threatening to hold sway. In retrospect, she would recognize this failing, this display of weakness, but in the moment it made her feel strong.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes Sirith liked this post
    T

The tinyiest of smiles lifted one corner of Striker's mouth. "You're the one who needs to step off ya crazy bitch. I'm just tryin' to talk things out and you're going all nuts on me. I meen jeez. What hell's wrong with you?" he said, his voice still calm but revealing just a little excitement.

7. Likes Sirith liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp moseyed on up to the arguing pair, her voice quiet and her eyes steely. Her hands rested in front of her, but her handbag was still on, ever the reminder of the order which she was sworn to enforce. "Guys... now's not the time or the place."

She looked to Striker, body centered between them as though she were a referee.

"Striker, since this is the council table, you mind taking a walk so they can get ready and gathered for their business?"

Her tone was polite, but firm.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Asp almost literally had to crowd between them to get in the middle of their glaring to death match, so Avis stepped back until she could feel the Councilor's table against the back of her thighs to give everyone some space. Her eyes never left Striker, though. That delusional fuck head. Hopefully Asp pointing out the obvious, that he had cornered her, would get through his thick goddamn skull.

T

Striker stepped back to give Asp room to come between them, but held Avis' gaze for a few seconds before looking to Asp.
    "No worries boss. I'll give yous all some room ay." he said calmly. "I was just tryin' to see if we couldn't talk things out. But apparently that's not gonna happen."

He wait a few seconds before turning and walking away.

Striker makes a bee line for Pepper .

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi lumbers over towards the table, standing as tall as he could as he approached Asp and Avis. The card in his hand, a gift from Pepper, was still held in between finger and thumb.

"Am I interrupting?" the large Sentinel asked, looking from Asp to Avis. The redness of his eyes had abated slightly since entering the gathering but not by much.

A
    Asp

Asp nodded to Striker, silently glad that the accused Australian had calmed it down and headed away. If he'd violated his oath to her to follow the law and broken his Honor...

She looked to her Cabalmate, a silent question in her eyes to make sure she was good, make sure she wasn't about to fire a parting shot -- and Jonokuchi's arrival served well to break the tension a bit. She smiled at him, more out of politeness than out of any feeling of happiness after what had just happened. "No, no, I think you probably picked a good time, actually. What's up?" She noticed the eyes, noticed how tired they seemed. "You okay, bud?"

Idun

PRE

Idun walks over, a look of concern on her face as she notices Striker walking away, heading for Pepper. "Was there a problem?" She asks those still gathered.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." She adds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread