Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Swan Song

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

I was reading all the recent Status posts for Arnold and I just had to get on here and publicly thank West for keeping Arnold such a badass. Arnold was my big ugly baby once upon a time, and for a while there he was a real power player in the venue. Problems in life and general burn out led me to gradually drop off on posting and watching Arnold's resultant fall out of grace into mediocrity was the hardest part of that for me. Imagine my joy when I came back after years of absence to find my favorite character still a significant actor in the venue (albeit NPC and behind the scenes). I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you for taking him on.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Awwww, you're welcome. He was too cool to not keep around. I just have to work at avoiding Scenes where Jumping is involved
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Benji, Wod.Infant, Forn Clakes, Premsyl liked this post

Second time's the charm

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

/me realizes there's more to say

But, seriously, it was easy. Your great play with Arnold left a rich history to draw from, and he was a very natural fit for the Necropolis when players asked for it and we decided to create it. Having history and motivations already in place? Can't ask for more for an NPC.

I'm all about riding coattails!
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

6. Likes Premsyl liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

An arrow hisses through the air, crossing the distance between Jaqui and Peter Baldwin in the blink of an eye. It hits the Haunt Priscus like a hammer, embedding itself in his undead flesh.

With no obvious targets, the remaining drones begin to converge on the wood barrier. Ironic, that they have to attack their own fortification.

From the bunker, there's a flash.

Then a second, larger flash. Darkness returns for a moment before the ground trembles and a gout of flames bursts from the bunker mouth in a white hot explosion. Even at distance, the heat washes over the Kindred like the warm sun and the night sky is turned to near daylight brightness.

And in an instant, it's gone.

The stench of scorched vegetation mingles with smoke, rapidly fading in the rain.
    It's so easy to bring a tear to my eye.

I wanted to thank the Vampire Staff over the years for keeping Roxie around as an NPC, it always made me happy to know that she being used somehow to keep the story rolling.

I wanted to thank you most of all West , for letting me play Roxie one last time and being a proper quest info dispenser before you brutally executed her.

I only wish that the Jet Fuel had gotten some more vampires before they got out. You'll try harder next time, I'm sure.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

She was always a great toon, and begged to be kept around because you instilled her with so much personality when you created her

(i swaer i'll try harder)

9. Likes Forn Clakes, Sirith liked this post
    C
    Cross

RIP Dog and Roxie. I will so miss em.

C
    Cross

I just wanted to put it out there that the Monomacy marks the last thread I will be playing Baldwin in - and I could not have possibly asked for a better ending to a fall-of-an-honorable-man story. As Sirith said in chat, the monster defeated the Man, but in death the Man pointed out the necessity of Humanity to everyone.

I have been nothing short of absolutely impressed by the sportsmanship and story-making that Travis has put into the story leading up to and during the Monomacy Duel that concluded today. To be honest, this has been one of the most enjoyable stories I've ever taken part in. Travis, thank you for participating in this, both buildup and duel, with me. It was an absolute pleasure.

Travisc06489

Takes two to tango, mate. Twas real.

13. Likes Kelreth, Sirith, Wod.Infant, Cabochard liked this post
    G
    Greebs

Oh, c'mon, you couldn't have called this thread 'Baldy jogs on'?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread