Ended
Watch

(1501) AQ and Pepper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 3 (Hierach)

A smile greets Pepper in reply to her own as Aquinas spots her drifting his way. “Wheatgrass,” he says shaking his half-full travel tumbler as though answering a question that Pepper did not ask. Aquinas though looks pleasantly surprised at Panthera Nox' offer and looks off into the middle-distance as he considers it, “That sounds fine. It'll give us another place to put on the rotation, at the very least. Though,” he asks, “are you sure it's fine opening up one of your Sancta to us ragamuffins?”

Aquinas' smile turns into a roguish grin.

As the pair drift away from the burgeoning groups Aquinas asks, “Personal enough to swing by my office at some point or... something we can talk about here?”

Pepper RebornSeas

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper raises an eyebrow at that Wheatgrass? She wouldn't have expected it of him for some reason, but it was something to file away for later, maybe. She waits, as he thinks, and then a smirk quickly flashes into existence on her face when he asks if she's sure. "As sure as I was that I'd pass the factotums. We planned it that way, so it's very much a space meant for others to visit through. The only thing is that as a cabal tradition, we would like guests to bring a packet of seeds - preferably for produce, spices, or medicinal herbs." She knew that it would be a catch for some people, but hoped that it wouldn't be an issue.

"Ah, hmm... I have no issue talking about it here, but it could become rather time-consuming. Considering that, your office would ultimately be better. Though would you like to know the gist of it now so it's not a surprise?" She tilted her head, absently wondering if it would be possible to catch him completely flat-footed. Pepper wouldn't bet on it.

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 3 (Hierach)

Pepper's explanation about her Cabal's unique peccadillo is met solely with a thoughtful inclination of his head. “I see, that shouldn't be too bad. I'll have to pull aside Sentinels and let them know to help you, should you need it when we gear up to converge on your Sanctum.”

Moving on to Pepper's second issue, Aquinas makes a hand-motion, “By all means. It'll give me some time to mull it over if you feel like you need to swing by my office.” A light smile dances in the Hierarch's gaze, “Surprises are only good for Birthdays and Christmas; otherwise, it's a crap-shoot.”

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Relieved that their little catch wasn't an issue, Pepper gave a firm nod in regards to the sentinels. That could be arranged, if needed.

"If you do Christmas." She tilted her head back and gave a lazy smile before continuing with her purpose. "I'm coming to the point in my growth as a mage where I might start seeking a Legacy. My first Mentor in the Ladder was Bene Ashmedai, and though she taught me quite a bit, I found myself disinterested and following her spiritual Path. It seems... natural to find out more about the Clavicularius next, to sort out facts and stereotypes from what I've been told and get new information if I can."

5. Likes Cayce, Sirith liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

Barely a moment had passed since Jonokuchi had entered but he had to get this out of the way. Striding over, his knees and back aching considerably without his staff, the Mastigos stopped just shy of any personal space; still looming over both Aquinas and Pepper, at least physically. Jonokuchi's own self-loathing informed him just who was weak in this trio.

"My apologies for interrupting, Hierarch, Provost," he began, looking at each in turn, eyes obviously bloodshot. "But I have news that simply cannot wait." A pause, a deep sigh. "I have received news of my mother's passing and must depart this night back to my homeland. For this reason, I am no longer able to fulfill my duties as Sentinel for Sacramento. I can only offer my most humbling apologies for this abandoning of my duties, and welcome any censure or punishment before I leave."

Once finished, Jonokuchi stands straight, avoiding eye contact with Pepper, perhaps out of his own weakness.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper turned to Jonokuchi , surprised at his words, at the need for such a sudden good-bye, but instantly thankful that she was here when he spoke to Aquinas - and he was speaking to the Hierarch, not her. She stepped up to him though, sliding her hand into his if he'd allow it, and looked down to their feet. "Hey - I - let me know where you're staying, okay? I want to send you things. Even... If you decide to stay there when things are done, right?" She bit her lip, not sure what else to say.

Then inspiration struck, and she retrieved her hand to dig through her purse. She pulled out a business card holder - and not the one she usually had around mages, either - and palmed a card from it. "I'm not sure if you'll want this or not... but if you feel like seeing me while you're over there, I want you to have a Way." It was her mundane card - her full name and business numbers etched onto it. She wasn't crying as she offered it to her boyfriend, even if her eyes were watering heavily. he wasn't even breaking up, but to loose his mother? She felt awful that he'd need to depart.

8. Likes Cayce, Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas' light smile takes on a new shine when she mentions Legacies, specifically his own, and regards Pepper in a new light. “Were they now,” the Hierarch mentions lazily when Pepper mentions her first Mentor is a Bene Ashmedai. “We do things a bit differently than they do. I'd be happy to explain some of the differences.

More might have been said, but with Jonokuchi's arrival, Aquinas turns his attention towards him with a nod of greeting. “No apologies necessary,” the Mastigos replies “I'm sorry for your loss.” The Hierarch outstretches his hand for the Sumo saying, “Come back when you can. There'll always be a place for you here.” Apparently, there is no need or mention of any censure for the sumo. Things happen. Families are important, including the adopted one of the Consilium.

T

Striker approached calmly with a steely determination in his eyes from his 'conversation' with Avis, nodding to each of Jonokuchi, Aquinas and Pepper. From his manner it seemed he wanted to talk to Pepper .

Jonokuchi

PRE

"Thank you, Hierarch," Jonokuchi mumbled with a bow. There would be many things to be said about this man in the future, no doubt. In the Mastigos' eyes, Jonokuchi would always find Aquinas approachable, and therefore a good leader.

Her hand slipped into his, causing the sumo to glance down in surprise, although why should he be surprised? Things had been going well, better than he would have foreseen. How could he be so lucky? To have arrived in an unknown city and actually found people he could finally trust?

Fate, it seemed, tore that away. Fate and Death. Two Arcana he had no control over.

Jonokuchi took the card and offered her a bow. He wanted to kiss her but...not here. This was a tradition even he could not break.

"I will let you know the moment I have landed, Pepper-chan." The honorific, changed from -kun, meant a great deal. As did the small smile he offered Pepper.

Striker joining them seemed like a good moment to move on and he turned to his cabalmate. "Striker. When you are free could you gather Weave and meet me? I have something important to discuss."

Finally, the large sumo took a step backwards, releasing Pepper's hand. One more bow, deep and respectful. Turning, Jonokuchi strode away, towards Asp.

Depart conversation

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a pleased, but distracted nod to Aquinas's approval - it was hardly his fault Jono-kun was leaving. But it was a soothingly balm to her hear that he was using the diminutive honorific and that he planned to call. She could hold it together, at least for tonight.

As he left the conversation, she took a slow, steadying breath, carefully tried to blink the gathering tears away, and gave a subdued smile to the Hierarch again. "I'm sorry. Yes, I'd like that a lot." And calmly folding her hands in front of her, Pepper turned to the most recent arrival in this pocket of the room. "Striker?"

Jono hadn't told him yet, not with that parting, so why... Then she remembered a phone call, and seeing him go up to Avis. Pepper winced, then nodded to a table, "I've passed my Factotum since that phone call. We should sit down and let Aquinas continue his rounds."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.