Watch

(1501) Nous, Miach, and Pepper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    A
    Asp

"You're welcome."

Asp remained for a moment as Nous turned to handle her business with Miach, her face remaining stoic as the Acanthus Councilor suggested that the MedStar stop pretending like his Cabal was still A Thing. Yeah, that was a good point. Medics spreading out between Cabals? Now, that made sense. Every operations group needed someone to tend to injuries. Had he followed up on her advice that he learn how to shoot?

A
    Asp

Suddenly, chaos erupted by Avis as the Counselor and the Accused began arguing. With a nod toward the fray, Asp said, "Please, excuse me... we'll talk later, Nous."

Asp leaves this thread.

Darkslide approaches the place where Apollo, Miach, and Nous were talking. If things were a bit awkward between Miach and Nous at the moment Darkslide certainly didn't pick up on it. He offers a small wave and a little smile to the three assembled "Hey guys. Sorry if I'm interrupting or anything," now turned to Miach "but you're Miach, right? I'm Darkslide. Was hoping we could talk a minute about Mysterium stuff. Touch base, ya know? Tyria told me I should get with you."

J

"Yes, you are interrupting."

Apparently this Darkslide doesn't understand the difference between Order and Council matters. It seems to be a theme for the Mystagogues tonight so far.

"This isn't the time, nor is this a social hour for your order, Darkslide."

She's obviously disappointed in the inability of the polity in understanding what they're there for tonight and leaves the group to head over to the council table to prepare her notes in peace.

Nous returns to the main thread.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Miach

PRE

Nous's reply was as unexpected as it was biting. Who did she think she was ? What does she know of the dreams they had had, or the moments they had shared ? He didn't have the time to retort and escalate it further though, as something else caught their attention, and then Darkslide interrupted them. Still, Nous rebuked him, and left, leaving the two mystagogues.

Shrugging, the Acanthus tried to dismiss his Councilor from his mind, and nodded to Darkslide. "I'm Miach alright. And the woman you've just pissed is Nous, the Acanthus Councilor. My Councilor..." and he couldn't help but shrugging again.

"So what can I do for you, then ?" he asked.

"Well that was a tad extreme, don't ya think? Could have just said 'yeah, one minute.' Nice to meet you, too, though." Darkslide says loud enough to be heard with a scowling look sent after Nous. He understands why she was upset but overreact much? She acted like he walked into her living room and grinded dirt into her couch with his feet. What was it with the mages in this city? Particularly those of the female persuasion. His own Councilor was a lady too. Great.

"Sorry about that. Didn't know we weren't allowed to talk about Order stuff here. Is that an actual rule? Gotta admit, I seem to be striking out on all cylinders around here." the whole event has left him rather deflated. He figured he'd already spilt the milk, though, and since he didn't know enough Life to shrink himself to the size of a pencil eraser he sallied forth "Honestly, I just wanted to, like, meet you and get your digits and see if there was anything we could work on for the Order. Tyria was tellin me we're a small operation and that I should see if there was anything we could collab on. She said I "needed" to get with you. Thought tonight would be a good opportunity."

Ya thought wrong, son.
    All the words sounded so petty coming out of his mouth now. The Acanthus councilor had succeeded in making him feel like a child. The urge to leave and go skate was real.

Miach

PRE

Shaking his head, Miach reassured the younger mystagogue. "Nah, don't worry. You're breaking no rules here, she's just having a bad day, it seems..." and while he couldn't blame her for that, she would still probably be better off learning how to rein in her temper. Not that she was as bad as a certain Arrow, though.

When he was asked for his number, Miach's old reflex to get his card kicked in, and he had to stop mid-way as he remembered the advice he had been given. "Sure, you got anything to write it down ?" he said with his usual friendly smile, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"I must say, our Order has dwindled from what it had been not so long ago." the tall man admitted. "There is certainly plenty to be done, though I have yet to come up with a real plan." Given how his former one had failed so far... "But we can have a longer talk about that at a later date, I reckon. How about we meet again, and discuss things carefully, in-house ?"

Apollo had sat and listened quietly to the back and forth going on around him, furrowed brows turned as he heard and then saw... something go down between Striker and another woman.

He turned back to the remaining group, and decided that with nothing to add, it was probably better to step the hell out of the crossfire. "Guess I'll see you at the Path meeting, later." He says to Miach and excuses himself.

He could go for a drink right about now

Apollo moves straight to The Bar

Darkslide takes out his phone and punches Miach's info into his contacts list. He seems to relax a little when Miach turns out to be a halfway nice guy about all this.

"That'd be great man. Sorry again about your Councilor."

He takes notice as said Councilor spoke up above the clamor, instructing everyone to take a seat.

"I better go. Don't wanna make her mad again." he snickers a bit "Nice meetin ya, Miach. Talk to you soon."

He strikes off to find a seat from which to view the proceedings.

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded to both Magi as they each went to their own business. He had some to conduct too, he thought, spotting Gyges and Jonokuchi. Good, good. Now he just had to let the Councilors do their thing, and afterwards it'd be good. Good luck, Idun.

Miach heads back to the main thread.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread