Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1501) Nous, Miach, and Pepper

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J

She leads Miach over to a table a bit out of the way trusting that Pepper can follow if and when she pleases. She's hoping that it can be taken care of quickly, as she really wants to start the meeting on time tonight. There's a full agenda.

"What can I help you with tonight?" She asks, all business-like.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper leads Apollo to the table, talking to him as she did. "I'm Pepper, the Acanthus Provost. Nous here is our councilor. When did you get in town, Apollo?"

"Early-Middle December-ish. The 8th if I remember correctly." Apollo answers, gaze passing from Pepper to Nous and back again. "Nice to meet the both of you." He adds, nodding politely to Nous. Looked like the councilor was going to have her hands full this meeting.

J

"How do you do, Apollo?" She greets the man who is introducing himself to his councilor. "We'll be having a meeting next month, which will give you an opportunity to meet all of the others that walk our Path. If you have a concern or something, I'll be with you momentarily as Miach asked for a moment of my time already."

She's using manners. She hopes she doesn't find that she should have brought a roll of numbers and passed them out so that there could be an actual queue. She hopes that everyone else will remember their manners tonight. A repeat of the chaos at the last formal event will have much different consequences.

Miach

PRE

"Apollo. How do you do ? I'm Miach." the doctor said, acknowledging his fellow Enchanter. "If you don't mind, though..." he said with an apologetic nod as he took Nous slightly to the side.

"To answer your former question, I merely wanted to run an idea by you." he said, looking straight at his Councilor, who was also a Guardian. Of which kind remained to see.

"It's pretty simple, actually. Perhaps we Acanthus could try and provide the Concilium an organized and regular peek into the future, don't you think ? Not as individuals, but as a thigt-knit group." even though the specifics could be tricky as hell, perhaps the idea could still have some merit.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper blinked in surprise at Miach's offer, then smiled broadly. It was a useful suggestion, though might prove difficult to gain the tight-nit aspect. She almost said as much, but spotting Aquinas enter made Pepper pause and glance at Nous.

"I'd like to talk to the Hierarch - about our space. You can handle these two." Pepper stood from the table and nodded to the men there, then left to speak to Aquinas.

Pepper goes back to the Main Scene

J

"I think that is something that could be very useful for the city. Logistically, we'll have to discuss it next month at our path meeting, but it is something we can arrange. I'll communicate with the council with regard to the questions we need asked, but you can start thinking of plans for setting up the ideal circumstances."

It is a good idea. And there's nothing that's going to keep her from organizing it for the city. It's the opposite of the apathy she saw at their first meeting at the Bistro. Different day, different time, new fate for the city.

"And did you hear that boys? I can handle you."

She couldn't help but laugh aloud at the way Pepper put it. It was just precious and a perfect ice breaker. She isn't sure Pepper meant it that way, but it works.

A
    Asp

Asp moseyed on over, a big black purse over one shoulder and a small stack of manila envelopes in her hand. She waited for a moment to speak, then said, "Councilor? Sorry to interrupt, but I've got an incident report that needs to be filed for the Council's consideration." Nous probably knew what it was. Asp had already struck Striker's standing for the third offence. These were simply the details, details, things that would make up the case against the one-armed bandit. She offered the stack of five envelopes to Nous.

That done, Asp waved at the other two, smiling briefly at Miach. Had he been working on his marksmanship?

Miach

PRE

Miach smiled broadly both at the reception of his idea, as well as at the joke, but was interrupted by Asp's business report. It seemed serious, and the Acanthus was sorry for that. He returned her smile to the Arrow, and wondered when he'd be able to display his newfound incredible ability at not-shooting-oneself-in-the-foot-with-a-gun. Hadn't she spoken of team exercises, perhaps ?

Turning back toward his Councilor, he finished quickly "With your leave, I'll talk about it with the other Acanthus tonight. And start planning accordingly.

And since I can see that you're busy..."
    he tilted his head to the side, silently asking whether Nous wanted him to let them to talk on their own ?

10. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    J

Her jesting tone disappears along with the humor in her eyes.

"Thank you, Sentinel. It's already on the agenda."

She doesn't have anything else to say about it, and takes the folder that's offered. She'll need to get to know the Sentinel at some point, but this isn't really the time. She'll need to see if she can learn anything about her from the incident report. People write like they are often enough, so there's something to learn there underneath the facts being delivered.

"And Miach, what part of next month is confusing? It's not on the agenda, and this isn't the forum to be organizing it in. Maybe you should work more to find a cabal tonight instead of worrying about something that would be best suited to discussing when we're all meeting together next month?"

Nous doesn't like to repeat herself, but apparently it's necessary tonight. She's happy that Miach is actually trying to participate, but knowing the right time, is just as important as knowing the what is actually destined.

12. Likes RebornSeas, West liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread