Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper wasn't quick used to houses this big - at least, not in the city - so she was surprised when they had found it where it was. It was comfortably spacious, but unfurnished, and Acanthus had spent most of her free time since the cabal had acquired the house conscripting Mace to try and get furniture in.

The Living room was pretty decently furnished at this point, with five big comfy armchairs of differing styles and colors, a large area rug depicting a jungle scene, and ottomans of various sizes shapes and functions scattered across the room. Some could be used as coffee tables, others for footrests or additional seating. The floors were a dark, warm wood, and the walls were a creamy green color.

All in all? Pepper was proud of the space, and how everything tied together to make it good for sitting down and talking.

Talking... which was something the Panthera Nox ought to do more with eachother. They all had their own goals and hopes with this cabal, and they needed to get to know those things. Not to mention they needed to better know the other members of the cabal. Animus was private and had barely said a word, and Faye, though less of a mystery, still seemed to be hesitating about taking action. And Nous... was a Guardian. Not a bad thing in Pepper's book, but she remembered how Briar had different faces for different situations, and she's recently realized that she didn't know all of the black woman's.

So Pepper had called them to talk, in their newly furnished living room.

M
    Mace

Mace walked down the stairs to join her sister on the couch. She was dressed to relax, she'd had enough of trying to impress people over the last couple days, what with all of the Council business. Tonight was about friends, and figuring out just where the small group they'd formed was going. And maybe she'd even figure out what her next step was. She'd been working so hard on the council that she'd lost track of herself along the way.

"Hey," she said as she joined her sister in the living room. She plopped down on the couch. "I am so wiped out."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus pads into the living room, movements silent by force of habit. Some irrational part of his mind truly believing that he didn't belong. And that, perhaps, drawing too much attention would cause others to notice the oversight and correct it.

But for now, the living room held five chairs. An intentional number, in spite of whatever dark thoughts might slither through his subconscious. He takes a seat, a fur-lined armchair that he could almost imagine pulsing with life, and favors the sisters with a hollow smile. "That's one word for it, certainly."

J

[RI]http://i.imgur.com/dnraOGv.jpg[/RI]Nous isn't far behind Animus as she enters the big living room. Granted, she's sort of opposite in appearance and demeanor to the quite man that they share property with. It's not like hasn't seen it before, the strong quiet type. There's always a reason. She just doesn't care.

She does care about having fuzzy slippers and pink pajamas. Because why wouldn't you? The slippers are zebra print tonight. They clash with the cheetah print fabric on the Morris chair that she'd picked out. And it needs to be orange because of all the cheese puffs she eats. She has a bowl of them in one hand, and a mineral water in the other. She doesn't hesitate to slump down into her chair, which is so perfectly oversized that she can curl up onto it.

"Wiped out? You know, you should just make sure you get a good night's sleep. I'm sure there's a way to do that. I just can't do it myself yet. Until then, a large fluffy duvet is perfect for curling up under."

She tries not to talk too much, as talking leaves less time to eat the cheese puffs. It's not heathy food, but it sustains the soul. Well, not that soul, but the one that keeps a person centered and feeling connected to the fake world. It can be a pain in the ass to live at least the duplicitous life and not feel entirely connected to either. So any little bit helps.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper sighed and shook her head, before holding out her arm for Mace to grab. "Chair Time, not couch time, T." And once Mace was on her feet again and moving for her own Chair, Pepper walked over to the circle of seating and leaned against her bubblegum pink wingback. "Great, so you two got the all the busy this last month. This explains why I've found myself trying to be an interior decorator at least." Sure, she had her mundane job too... but Pepper had been bored and twiddling her thumbs.

"Pff, not sure if we should wait for Faye or trust that she'll show up when she's needed...Anyone want a dink or something other than cheese puffs for snacks?"

M
    Mace

Mace groaned, letting Pepper pull her to her feet. "I'm coming, I'm coming," she said as she went over to the giant boulder-shaped chair that Pepper had helped her pick out. "It's not just the sleep," she said to Elle. "I need to learn to say no." She gave a small grin.

J

"Hey now. Who said I'm sharing the cheese puffs?!"

She feigns the inability to share. It's endearing. Right?

"Seriously though, I didn't figure anyone else would eat them. I feel like I'm the only person who eats junk food around here."

And she eats it constantly. It takes a certain application of life 'science' to keep it from going anywhere. That or she just goes running everyday. Just because she's not an Arrow that doesn't mean she can't take care of her body physically. She just fuels it with junk. As far as she's concerned, they're just calories and she wants them to taste good.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

OOC

Pepper frowned at Mace and gave her a pointed look. "Snacks? You want any?" She was tempted to go for Nous' cheese puffs... but she wasn't sure how accurate that label was, and puking was not a great idea. She didn't really wait for Mace's response, expecting her to shout, and headed into the kitchen next door to set herself up with her own 'snack'.

One of the soup bowls came out of the cupboard, the the freezer offered up Ice cream of the Coconut milk variety and frozen cookie dough and the fridge provided fudge topping and whipped topping. She brought it out on a tray (and anything Mace or Animus chose to ask for) and plopped it on an ottoman before taking her sundae to her chair to eat. Hopefully, she wouldn't let it melt at all.

"So, news? I talked to Aquinas about the Greenhouse and hosting things there. That's a go." She waved her spoon as she spoke, then viciously drove it into her sundae and shoved a spoonful into her mouth before she could mention what Jono had brought up immediately after that part of the conversation. Lovely night, Concilium...

M
    Mace

"See? Elle knows how to say no. Sometimes it even works," Mace said. "Now I just need to figure it out myself." She hesitated as Pepper got up to get snacks. She was hungry, but it wasn't like she couldn't get her own snacks. On the other hand, if Pepper was already up... "I'll take some strawberries if we have them," she called out.

She was surprised to see her sister return with a sundae, after all that. That ment there was something bigger going on, something she wasn't yet sharing with the group. More on that later. She smiled at the news, however. "That's great. I think it'll be good to have a somewhat-neutral place for us to use. Though, I guess we'll always have a home field advantage here." Not that was a bad thing, to her mind. She smirked. "So what's the next thing we need for that space?"

J

"Saying no works all the time. You just gotta work on not being a softie when someone needs your help. And seriously find yourself a Provost, because then they can help carry the load. Or you can just send them the stuff you don't want to do," she pauses, ... not that that's what anyone else in the room here does."

Nope. That's not what she does to Pepper at all. Mostly they both just get shit done. The Lex being the major exception though. She couldn't have done it without Pepper.

"And I think we should fill it with a bunch of flowers. Nothing better than having a super serious secret meeting then when you have one where you're surrounded by beautiful flowers. It should lighten the mood. Especially when we have some law breaking to deal with again, right?"

At this point she just assumes there will be lawbreaking between now and then. She doesn't want to assume that it'll be Striker, but she's not really holding out hope. After the last one, she's just kind of assuming that he needs a remedial program again. If she ever gets to Australia, she's adding a stop on her trip to go and seriously thug up his former mentor.

"Either way, it sends the right message. The consilium is for cabals, by cabals. It's nice of the Orders to lend their space, but that really isn't their place. Either we invest in something for the Consilium permanently, or the cabals should be arranging it. And let me say right now, I'm one hundred ten percent in favor of the second option. Moving targets are harder to hit."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread