Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Another Trophy for the Wall (4LG, 2LB)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

It ain't the Ritz. Shit, it's never even heard of the Ritz. The Donnybrook Motel is a blemish on the cheap-side of a bad neighborhood. It's a squat concrete one-story with no paint except of the spray-can variety in big black letters on the side: If you can read this, your life sucks.

No lights on in any of the rooms, except the middle one: 106--matches the number on Richard's card key. One car in the lot: a security truck from the Sacramento Zoo. There's a hag sitting in the rental office by the window, facing away. Flickering gray-blue light says she has a date with a TV. The door to her office is cracked open.

There's a Rottweiler chained to a stake in the corner of the lot, but he's as interested in Blake and Richard as the woman is--which is not at all. They get the sense that no one would mind Richard's shotgun or Blake's hunting rifle--guns are common in that part of town, or no one cares because they all have their own.

I'm saying Rina took a separate cab. You don't know if she'll show up later or at all--she's elusive like that, and didn't seem to be enjoying herself the last you saw. This is because Cabo hasn't posted in this plot for a week.

Waking up from torpor is as bad as birth trauma: it hurts like hell and you have no clue what's going on. One second, you're crushed beneath the weight of endless darkness. The next, well, you don't know, but it's shitty.

Bobcat's vision swims. A hand with a blue nylon glove on it drops a bloody stake on the floor. It's some guy you've never seen before, and he doesn't look nice. He's courteous enough, at least, not to say anything. He doesn't look like the say-anything type.

A familiar voice: "I thought you'd be taller in person." It's Geraldine, and she's dressed to the nines. You don't get the impression that it's her birthday; that's just her style. "You might want to take a minute, this next part's going to hurt."

Bobcat is handcuffed to a rolling chair, three sets on each wrist. His feet are duct-taped together at the ankles, and resting in a metal pail of what smells like gasoline. There's also something taped to his forehead that he can't see.

His best bet about where he is, is an empty storage container: one wall being a sliding metal door, and the others being of concrete blocks, those walls all being close together.

This is the last scene of the 4 Legs Good, 2 Legs Bad plot, continued from In Vitae Veritas.

R
    Rantifusa

feeding roll from the previous scene
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-31 04:40:07 Bobcat rolls 1 to Feeding (10 Again) 5 failure
    Used that blood to heal.
    and +1WP for Vice from previous Scene

Bad idea... bad idea..., he was starting to regret this decision... there was too much to lose. The smell of gasoline is always relaxing, but not when it means he is going to get burned soon, but it was too late to go back, he is here and he must deal with it.

"So... you are that fucking bitch that caused all this chaos in the zoo? It was really fun, thank you for that... I would offer you a handshake but you made sure I'm not able to do that. But before you start playing with me, answer me one question... Why?"

He doesn't care shit about why she is doing this she is probably just a crazy fanatic with nothing better to do, but every second he can buy counts.

Meanwhile, he looks around, looking for any detail in the room that may be a potential help in his escape.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina exits from her taxi, in front of the motel but just out of sight enough for her not to get spotted. She looked around, examining the area. She then leaned up against a wall, waiting for the others, so they could come up with a plan. Obviously, they had to get inside and rescue Noah, as much as it bothered her. If he died, then it would fall on her shoulders. She was his guardian, until he managed to find someone more competent. She had to protect him until such a time as she could put a sword through his neck.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Do we have a way to contact Verne? He is tracking Bobcat right?

Richard pulls out the card key with the room number on it before glancing down the row of doors until he can spot the room hes looking for. In order to get there he is going to have to cross passed the attendant but she doesn't appear to be too concerned with her job. Still Richard turns around to the group and signals them to move low by waving his hand towards the ground. "Aight lets try to be quick about it." he whispers, "Rather hes in there or not, were going for Bob next."

5. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Something's wrong. The feeling grows as the group get closer and details come into view. The door frame is busted . . . outward, like it had been struck by a force from within. Paint chips and splinters litter the ground outside the door. The blinds, too, are out of sorts, tussled ajar and out of alignment.

Closer still, hunkered down, and the group sees that the lock is busted; the door is slightly ajar. They listen: nothing--less than nothing. And then, a cough, followed by a groan and some obscenities. A man's voice. "More of you mother fuckers out there? Well come on in. I got something for you." Sounds like he's been in better shape, but his is the only voice inside.

[Anyone may roll Perception to smell: 1 suxx: gun smoke; 3 suxx: an animal.]

Verne's on Bobcat. He has the bike and a cell phone.

Bobcat casts about for tasty tidbits, angles to play, tricks to pull--nothing. The room is close to empty, save for the three of them, the chair, the bucket, and Quiet Man's bag of tricks. Natural, then, that he should become fixed upon the leather bag, and what the man draws out: pruning shears? Unoriginal, but . . . he approaches, tries to take Bobcat's pinky finger in the shears. Oddly, Bobcat notices fresh blood on the man's knuckles, his own. Something must have gone wrong in the recent past. As a matter of fact, the whole chamber, his bindings even, seem shoddily thrown together.

[You can roll Strength + Brawl - 2; 1 suxx to resist getting your pinky snipped.]

"You're the one bound to the chair; I'm the one that asks the questions." Her voice seems less playful than last he heard. She draws some sort of small remote control device from her pocket. "Leadership: Prince, Prisci--those are the words you use, no? I want to know who they are and where I can find them. I don't suppose I have to say: or else."

[You can roll WITS + Crafts to know that the gasoline eats away at the stickiness of the tape around your ankles. Easy enough to tip the bucket over, but it might loosen your bindings in time.]

R
    Rantifusa

str+brawl-2 1 suxx. Selected 3 for extended instead of 3 for the pool, my bad
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-03 09:36:28 [03] Bobcat rolls 1 to STR3+Brawl2-Penalty2 (10 Again) 7 failure
    2015-01-03 09:36:28 [02] Bobcat rolls 1 to STR3+Brawl2-Penalty2 (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2015-01-03 09:36:28 [01] Bobcat rolls 1 to STR3+Brawl2-Penalty2 (10 Again) 2 failure

wits+crafts 0 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-03 09:46:53 Bobcat rolls 5 to Wits 2 + Craft 3 (1s Subtract) 4, 3, 3, 2, 2 failure

"Why do you ask me? The other guy didn't tell you shit? What makes you think I will... what makes you think I KNOW about who the fuck rules this city... There should be a prince, yeah... there usually is one... But do you even know what you are dealing with here?" That was not a lie, he haven't met the prince yet, but he knows more than what he is telling. However, EVEN if he was willing to answer each one of her questions, once she is satisfied Bobcat's unlife would not be useful for her anymore, just like RocketMan's life when he answered everything they asked.

Following Richard, Blake is near the room. He is alert as they draw near the door. As he looks into the room, he spies a number of things.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-03 12:13:13 Blake Flint rolls 4 to Wits + Com (10 Again) 10, 6, 8, 9, 9 4 successes

9. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Rolls to Obfuscate the rifle fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-03 12:20:00 Blake Flint rolls 1 to Wits + Larceny + Obfuscate - 4 (10 Again, Chance) 6 failure
    2015-01-03 12:19:45 Blake Flint rolls 1 to Wits + Larceny + Obfuscate - 3 (10 Again) 6 failure
    2015-01-03 12:19:01 Blake Flint rolls 2 to Wits + Larceny + Obfuscate - 2 (10 Again) 7, 1 failure

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-03 18:54:00 Richard Black rolls 5 to Wits + Comp to notice by smell (10 Again) 10, 8, 2, 5, 10, 8, 6 4 successes

Richard approaches the hotel room door and peeks in with the head of the shotgun first. Fortunately they were dealing with a mortal enemy which meant that a simple squeeze of the trigger was all that would be needed to end the life of his foes and more specially it wouldn't require any fancy cleanup job, no this would be just another homicide that will go over looked on the front page of tomorrows paper. He remains on the opposite site of the door and only leans in just enough to take a peak without revealing who he is or how many he has with him, "Yo, Who dat!?" he questions loudly,"Noah? Is that you?"

12. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina followed the others to the hotel room door, lingering slightly further back from them. She prepped herself for combat, however, pushing her Vitae into her muscles and feeling the high. Her knife she left in her boot; due to her training in Iaido, it would be faster to draw it from there than it could ever have been to have it in her hand. She went to the effort of drawing breath through her nose, an action she had not felt the need to perform in a very long time. The smells were...curious. She lowered her voice to a hiss. "He is not alone. Or unarmed."

-1 Vitae for Vigor 1.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-04 09:35:26 Rina Yui rolls 7 to Perception. (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 9, 8, 1, 8, 6, 4, 1 3 successes
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread