1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Living Up To Expectations (Open)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh sat in a booth at Dagwoods munching on a chef's salad. She had spent the morning unpacking half her room from the two month long trip to San Fransisco. Her former mentor had gotten himself into a bit of a snag and Ankh had gone to bail him out. She couldn't believe how long it had taken or how much political crap the Ladder made her wade through before she could finally resolve his situation. She was very glad to be home again.

After the unpacking was done, Ankh realized she was starving and decided to make a run to Dagwood's. She still loved the place and was of the opinion that they had the best chef's salads. She hadn't run into anyone she knew yet and was kind of hoping she wouldn't for at least a few more days. She knew she had responsabilities here though and it would not take long before she was expected to take them back on her shoulders. She would without arguement of course. There was nothing like getting back into one's routine.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam comes in through the door of Dagwoods with grace, but her satchel hooks itself on the door's handle. Tam says "Shit!" as a few books drop to the floor. Hand written papers spill out from the pages of the books. Tam is able to grab the books easily enough, but the papers are far enough that she has to duck-walk around table legs and chairs to pick them up.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh looks up as the woman enters and sees her plight. She gets up from the table quickly and begins to help her pick up the papers. "Looks like you have your hands full here."

She stcks the papers back up neatly and hands them to the other woman. "Just come from class?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam is so absorbed in tracking down the papers that she doesn't realize she is getting help until the woman hands her a stack of papers. Tam stands up, somewhat amazed as she is brought out of her mood by the kindness.

"Oh, um, no, actually, I'm more self-taught. Or, rather, I am in the process of being self-taught. It isn't as easy as it sounds. I was never a good student, and I am finding that my current teacher, me, has little patience for her student."

Tam smiles and receives the papers from Ankh. She stuffs them unceremoniously into her satchel and starts to walk to the counter.

"Thank you, for your help. May I buy you something? A sandwich? A drink? Dessert?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

As both women have Mage Sight up, both can see the other has Active Spells...
    Any further information will require a Scrutiny roll (Int+Occult <+1 if using Supernal Vision>)...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh waves away the offer. "Oh no thank you. I am not even halfway through my salad yet." She indicates the booth she was sitting at. "You're more then welcome to join me if you want. Maybe I can help you with that self-taught thing." She smiles, wondering exactly what the woman is trying to learn.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam senses the ripples of magic around the woman.

"I'll be right there."

Tam orders an roast beef sandwich on rye with a side of cookies and chips. When the order is served, she pays and goes to sit with Ankh.

"My name is Tam, by the way."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh wipes her hand off on a napkin and offers it to Tam. "Ankh, nice to meet you. So, what are you self-learning anyway?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam shook Ankh's hand.

"Oh, just the basics of research. My interests are in cross cultural spiritualism. It sounds like a big topic, but really, I am just reading up on various belief systems and how they view metaphysics."

Tam pulled out a bottle of water from her satchel, then started to nibble on her sandwich.

"What about you? Are you a student?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh swallows her large forkful of chopped turkey and ham smothered in ranch dressing and nods. "Yes, but my studies fall more into the realm of psychology at the moment. I mean, I have my degree already, but one can never learn enough in my opinion. I have a teacher though." She says with a bit of a smile. "I don't have the patience for myself as a student either and happened to get lucky enough to find someone who can tolerate me."

Speaking of the devil, why wasn't he at home earlier today?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread