Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Gyges
    Gyges

(Sacramento Visitor Center)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

QuoteQuote:
    Things To Do
    California Begins Here.

There is no shortage of things to do in Sacramento, California! With more than 230 days of sunshine annually, Sacramento is the perfect place to explore the outdoors, soak up the California sun, go wine tasting or attend sporting events! But the things to do here aren’t limited to the outdoors! World-class museums, performing arts groups and other family fun activities make every day unique in California’s capital!

Whether it’s your first time, a weekend whim aboard the train, or your 10th time on a trip to see friends and family, you’ll find plenty of things to do on your visit to Sacramento!

Dining
    Sacramento has more restaurants highly rated by Zagat than anywhere else in Northern California – including San Francisco. Sacramento is also America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, with fresh seasonal food available year-round at a variety of restaurants for all budgets!

Museums
    Almost 30 museums in the city showcase everything from Gold Rush history and aviation to the State Capitol museum, the Crocker Art Museum and the expansive California State Railroad Museum!

Family Fun
    Families can find an authentic California experience in Sacramento, whether it be for an outdoor adventure or fun times together doing a variety of activities. Several pet-friendly hotels are scattered throughout the city, meaning even the furry family members are welcome!

Arts and Culture
    Numerous professional arts groups call Sacramento home, and there are many art galleries and artistic events – from the Crocker Art Museum to the popular Second Saturday Art Walks in Midtown!

Sports
    The National Basketball Association’s Sacramento Kings call the city home, as do minor league baseball’s River Cats and the new Sacramento Republic FC soccer team. For those who’d rather get out of a stadium seat and be sporty in Sacramento, there are more than 30 miles of paved bike trails, two rivers for rafting and many other opportunities for recreation!

Wineries
    More than 200 wineries dot the countryside around Sacramento. Five wine regions are within an hour’s drive, and Sacramento is closer by car to Napa and Sonoma than San Francisco!

Annual Events
    Regardless of when someone books a visit, Sacramento has something going on! Several dining events scheduled throughout the year are topped only by the annual Farm-to-Fork Week, where Sacramento celebrates its agricultural bounty. Arts events, beer and wine events and Gold Rush Days – where Old Sacramento is transformed back into the Gold Rush era – round out some of the most popular events!
    The pamphlet was SUPER EARNEST (!) about the wonderful sights and sounds and tastes you'd find in and around the city. Gyges supposed he couldn't blame it, that's what a Visitor's Center was for. This one was mostly empty, but someone had thrown up some tinsel and piped in some low key non-denominational holiday music over the audio system. There weren't any visible employees, Gyges figured that most of that heavy lifting was regulated to the internet and security cameras. That was fine, he just wanted to know what was going on in his new town.

He leafs between the Arts and Culture and Winery sections, looking at what's popular.

Spatial Awareness, Untouchable
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-22 16:39:46 Gyges rolls 6 to Untouchable (10 Again) 10, 1, 4, 1, 10, 7, 7, 1 2 successes
    2014-12-22 16:39:24 Gyges rolls 5 to Spatial Awareness -1 (10 Again) 5, 9, 3, 10, 3, 8 3 successes
    2014-12-22 16:39:04 Gyges rolls 6 to Spatial Awareness (10 Again) 5, 3, 1, 4, 2, 6 failure

T

Striker wasn't looking for an information center. He was looking for somewhere to ride.

He'd tugged on the threads of chance before he'd left his sanctum hoping that it would pull him somewhere fun, somewhere exciting, maybe even a little romantic... Who knew. But instead of heading towards the outskirts of town where the good tracks might be found he found himself pedalling towards the city from Folsom. He was about to give up and head home when he hit a loose rock and his front wheel went sideways. One of the bad things about missing an arm was that these things were harder to recover from and before he knew it he was off his mountain bike and sliding across the path. His riding gear took most of the scraping, but the skin on his hand was red raw and started oozing the red stuff.

He called down the supernal to concentrate on healing his hand just that little bit faster and looked up to see where he'd crashed.

Information Center. Picture of a bloke mountain biking in the window. 'Explore the outdoors'. Jeez Fate you could've made me find it some way easier.

The Australian wandered into the mostly empty center looking for the out doors section. He walked past a few sections seeing what else they had to offer before noticing the bloke near the booze section with the supernal glow. Dammit if only I knew how to cloak myself properly. Ahh well. Only one way to find out if he's a friendly or not, plus if he's got his sight up he'll see me too.

Striker walked directly up to the glowing man, keeping his eyes on him and stuck his hand out in greeting, forgetting about the nasty gash he'd just made. "G'day mate. New in town?" he said, probably a little too loud.

Sight and Shield 1 suxx each, 1 suxx Winds of Chance, 1 suxx Body Control
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-26 00:46:28 Striker rolls 4 to Body Control (Gn+Li) (10 Again) 4, 2, 2, 8 1 success
    2014-12-26 00:37:36 Striker rolls 4 to Winds of chance (Gn+Fate+HS) (10 Again) 10, 7, 5, 5, 4 1 success
    2014-12-26 00:36:22 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilence (Gn+Li+HS) Mana from Hallow for 24hr duration (10 Again) 3, 3, 8, 7, 3, 6 1 success
    2014-12-26 00:35:20 Striker rolls 6 to Pulse of the Living World (Gn+Li+HS)-2 Duration (10 Again) 5, 4, 1, 8, 6, 9 2 successes

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges lifts his gaze from the Epic Recounting of Sonoma Valley's Myriad Virtues when the other man walks in and watches him approach. He glances outside and then to one of the video cameras recording them before tucking his pamphlet under one arm and accepting the handshake. "Yes, I'm..."

His face screws up as he feels the hand, which gives way to a look of disgust. He lets go and walks over to a box of tissues, which he makes use of to start cleaning the smear of red off of his hand. "I don't have any bandages, would you like some of these as well?" He nods to the tissues.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    T

The touch on his wound brings a sting of remembrance and Striker winced slightly in surprise. "Ahhh. Jeez. Sorry mate. Just came of my bike outside. I'll be right though, I'm a quick healer." he said with a wink. "I got a water bottle if you want to rinse off. Though this place'll prob'ly have a loo somewhere." he said looking around for any sign of a restroom. Not swing anything immediately he took a few of the offered tissues and wadded them in his hand to soak most of the blood.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"No. I'm fine." Gyges looks at the stranger quizzically while he continues to mop up blood from his hand. If this place had a restroom, it wasn't going to be open to the public. "I'm Gyges. Who exactly are you?"

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    T

"Gyges huh? My name's Striker mate." he replied. Time to throw what little caution he had to the wind and start dropping hints. Jeez we need some sort of secret handshake that makes Banisher's heads explode or somethin'.

"I work with the local Archery club. The one at the Diamond Centre, ya know. The one with 5 corners." he said with a slightly raised eyebrow watching Gyges for his reaction. A sleeper would think they didn't know where he was talking about, a mage would. But there lay the problem, a Banisher or Seer probably would too. Or course if a Sleeper started asking where the Diamond center was he'd start having to make stuff up and things would get weird, but whatever.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Oh! He'd heard about Striker. Gyges looked around and it was still just the two of them, along with the cameras. Cameras that didn't have microphones. "I'm independent, but I've spoken with a Herald." Let the Guardians worry about speaking in code when there wasn't any reason to do so, he wasn't going to stress over it. "What did you do to get sanctioned?"

Whatever it was, it couldn't have been too awfully bad, he'd be under some kind of guard if it was.

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    T

"That'd be Crowley then?" Striker asked before recoiling slightly in surprise then shaking his head in disbelief. "Jeez, seems like someone's out to gimme a bad name. I got inna fight with another Arrow who made a big deal about it. Got ME sanctioned even though she nearly killed me and I barely touched 'er. Mate you really gotta watch yourself round here, round the consillium though as well as the Uni apparently. I'm having a worse time with politics than I am with..." He looked around himself. "Banishers."

He gave the other Mage a quizzical look. "So independent? What's that all about then?" He asked. He'd been pulled into the Arrow straight after his awakening and while he knew of independents he'd never really figured out what their deal was.

T

Bump Benji

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Ah it was going to be one of those first meetings. Gyges stuffs the used tissues into the pamphlet under his arm, then draws out a cigarette from a pack under his coat. Flagrantly ignoring the non-smoking signs, he lights it up. "It's generally accepted that we shouldn't get into fights on our own because as a group we're quick to anger and not all that subtle. Fistfights tend to escalate into more... outré conflicts. No one likes having a dump turned into a cobra while they're still sitting on the can, but if people start shitting in wells then the whole community is going to get involved.An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," he says with a shrug.

He blows some smoke up at the ceiling. "Independent is an adjective that in theory means I'm largely free from outside control or oversight and that I don't depend on others for my livelihood or subsistence. In practice it means I've got to make a lot of shit up as I go along while gold stars look down at me or treat me like a bad example for their apprentices to learn from. Why do you ask, Arrows not what they're cracked up to be?"

14. Likes Teeramus, Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread