Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

The Circle of the Crone Farm. On the outside a simple and quiet place. Gunnar Haroldson's herd is long gone, and although every now and then there's some Kine presence, the night is still ruled by Kindred. Especially so far from downtown Sacramento. There's no public transport here, so either you need a car or you have to be able to transform into a raven to make it here in a moderate amount of time. Since the Hierophant presumed most Kindred would pick the first option, the path of small torches he set up begins at the parking area. It doesn't lead to the farm itself, nor to the greenhouses beside it. No, the path leads around the farm to a wide area behind it.

From there on it would be roughly a five minute walk before seeing more than the small lights and plain fields. There's a circle of stones, different sizes and shapes, but most of them are only waist high. With the exception of three man-sized rocks. Anyone realizing that stone circles like this are more common in South England and not so much in California could guess that the Hierophant put some effort into creating this place. Unlike those old stone circles, this one has a large stone table in the center. It seems to be hand carved, yet the surface is flat. It is obvious that it will serve as an altar. There's a large bowl in the middle of the table, around it are some other things, fresh flowers, old branches and leaves, a small cauldron, and an obscure glass container.

To light up the place a bit, torches are also placed in a wide ring around the stone circle. Only one is placed next to the altar. The small flames don't offer a lot of light, but one will notice that so far out of the city the sky is quite bright. With the new moon and many stars no vampire should have trouble seeing. Some well-crafted wooden stools are spread across the area as well, although they don't seem to be placed in such an orderly fashion that you would sit on them, as an audience.

The Hierophant himself, Chris Wooding, is already present of course. As he's rolling up his sleeves, managing things on the altar, or checking his phone, he seems to be more occupied with some things going on in his mind. Oh, and he's wearing somewhat fashionable but not too formal clothing that any young man would wear - during the summer.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

2. Likes Cameron, Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin had arrived not long after sunset, driving straight from his haven to the farm with a content smile on his face. Tonight was a special night for him, almost the day of his embrace but more than that, more than his tiny existence, it was the most important festival in his opinion. For the occasion, the Lord had gone back to basics when it came to his wardrobe. Black, black and black.

It was his natural colour.

Perhaps the only thing out of place was the pewter brooch on display over his dead heart. Mistletoe had many symbolic meanings, especially for one of the Rotgrafen, and especially to the Second Descent. It was, after all, the instrument that would bring about the End Times.

Spotting Chris, the Skaald hailed him with a wave before striding over to join his Hierophant, the grin absolutely genuine.

"Happy Yule, Hierophant. This will be a truly awesome and awe-inspiring night. I can feel it."
    Scenes

V
    Vivian York

Vivian found her way to the Temple by the request of the Reeve. It made her feel a little more than special, but then again, he didn’t really have a problem doing that. It was still a peculiar situation for her, and she sort of fell right into it. Although, the secret little note he left said not to wear heels. That was terribly difficult, so of course shopping was in order.

Casual… was that office casual, dress casual, or pretend to be casual but not casual. Oh, the decisions of a Daeva were bloody difficult. After she’d decided on an outfit and got into her car, when she arrived in the Nova, the explanation was clear. Walking around a farm. Vivian had stopped at a florist the night before asking for something for a Winter Solstice. She was pleased with the item for the most part, it was the sentiment that counts, right?

Vivian wasn’t trying to be sneaky as she walked up to the lights. She was just cautious not to walk into something she should… like a oddly placed tree branch. As she neared, she felt the stronger Beast of another, and in the woods, it would have been easy to flee before being seen. Yet the Daeva pressed onward.

When she arrived, she sighed and shook her head with a smile. I should have worn jeans.

There stood the blonde, tonight, smiling at the two of them. Vivian sized them both up with a curl of a smile on her lips. “Well, hello you two.”

Ménage à trois? Oui oui… oh Vivian you’re terrible.

“I should have asked what your version of casual was, Chris…err Heirophant.” Walking over to the Shadow, she handed him the swag of greenery. “Happy… Solstice?” As the Shadow could see, it was a mixture of evergreens, holly, ivy and sprigs of mistletoe. "You can ditch the candles if you need to. It came that way." Clearly, if he tossed the whole thing, she wouldn't be offended.

“And same to you Edwin.” The man must have a penchant for accessories. "Nice pin. Is that... another hidden message?" Vivian asked gingerly, since he wore intriguing pieces.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Dirge approached slowly from the direction of the green houses and bio domes. The Haunt moved with a slow, deliberate pace, her features completely lost in the cowl of a hooded cloak. Behind her in procession, the final dregs and die hards from the Grove King's herd struggled with with a sulky bull, dark of fur with only a curious moon shaped white patch over one eye. Another carried a a rather large knife; the last carried a tray with a pottery cup, a mortar and pestle, and some knobby looking fungi that seemed to reflect the darkness.

If she felt any discomfort as she traversed the soft, cold, ground, she did not show it.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Before saying anything to his Skaald, the Hierophant takes a second to look at the brooch. Nice, and interesting. 'Happy Yule Skaald. Well, I definitely hope so. It's been a while since we had a public Solstice ritual. But with the Crone on our side, what can go wrong?!' If he recalls correctly, it was exactly two years ago. So about it's time, but Chris seems to be in a best mood because of it.

Let's face it, this is all so much nicer when anyone can show up. Or just, Vivian York.

A grin appears, 'Well, hello to you too miss.' Chris playfully tips an imaginary hat while making a small polite bow. 'Why, you look great, Vivian!' He looks at her outfit, it's not often you see someone dress up like that, but it would fit no one better than the Daeva before him.

'Thank you, Happy Holidays!' Truly the easiest thing to say. He accepts the swag of greenery with a smile, and perhaps a glimpse of surprise in his eyes. It's not necessarily strange or inappropriate, the Shadow just hadn't expected to get anything like this. He turns towards the table while saying, 'I'll give them a special place. How about that.' So the candles end up on the altar between some of other stuff, while the greenery itself is carefully placed on the ground beside the altar.

Then as Chris turns to face the others again, he also sees Dirge approaching. The happy smile on his face changes into something that seems to show... a darker excitement, maybe. It's quite obvious what would happen to the bull.

'Dirge,' he says with noticeable respect, 'good evening.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

7. Likes Matamune, Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin couldn't deny Chris' statement, otherwise what would be the point of this evening? They had faith and even if their number was small, the ritual would bind them together and make the night a success.

Glancing around at the sound of a another, the Skaald was slightly surprised to see Vivian join them but it wasn't a nasty one. Far from it, and Edwin offered the delightful woman a welcoming grin, eyes briefly scanning the decoration. It was a beautifully significant arrangement, at least in the Skaald's opinion and he watched as Chris placed them centerpiece on the altar.

"Thank you, Vivian," Edwin said, not afraid of being informal, at least by the First Estate's rulings. If there was an issue, Edwin was soon hear about it. He glanced at his brooch with a nod, husky voice expressing itself with the faith that he held so dear.

"It's just a little something I have kept for many years now," he explained, gently pulling it from his shirt for Vivian to hold if she so wished. "Mistletoe has so many myths and legends relating to it, and not just for kissing beneath," the charming Lord chuckled easily. The grin faded slightly at the memory of when he received the piece of jewelry. "One such myth is that it is a symbol of thunder and can protect against fire and lightning."

That wasn't the real reason he wore it. Loki-trickster had many legends also, one of which was of particular interest to the Skaald.

The blind Haunt and her entourage received a nod from the Skaald. The bull was a nice touch.
    Scenes

V
    Vivian York

“Tsk tsk Chris, now that is a terrible way to jinx the festivities.” Vivian laughed slightly, and touched his arm for a tick.

Turning her head smiling, a slight shrug following. “Thank you. I had a personal contemplation over what was casual, so I settled on this.” Winking to the two of them and her hands waved along her torso indicating her outfit.

Vivian gently picked up the brooch with her gloved fingers. “Oh, that is lovely.” As he spoke, she studied it, more so as he spoke of the myth. “I never knew it was for more than kissing. I’d read several stories about it regarding ‘magic and love’ but not protection. Very interesting.” Replacing the metallic mistletoe in his hand. “I’m sure there are more things that aren’t what they seem you could tell me about sometime.” Smiling with hope that he would.

Of course I could tell you a few tales too…

When the other woman came upon them, Vivian pivoted and took a step to her. “Good evening, Dirge. Excellent to meet you.”

ooc

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Hierophant."

The cowled figure that was the Haunt stopped as she came abreast of the gathering Kindred. The small procession that followed her moved to her side with one of her Kine whispering and soothing the bull as they waited for instruction. For the moment, the beast was pacified, big liquid black eyes locked on its handler.

"We have been joined by others?" A ghost of a smile from within the hood. "Greetings, then... Vivian?" There was a little pause. Dirge was running a list of names through her head. Or perhaps reigning in the Bestial urges as they rippled through her.

"I have bought something to help our Skald. However, given the spirit of the season, I am willing to let others share in the visions."

C
    Casitive

Presumption is a funny thing. There will always be at least one Kindred who becomes the exception. Unknowingly, David is the exception to how a Kindred will find their way to the Crone Farm. Small ticks herald the journey the little Peugeot-Bike-that-could takes to the Farm, which is far more further afield than even any of the Chapter Houses of Sacramento. It is more of a character than David is – in its pale, pea-green and eighties aluminum styling. There's even a pannier that the Mortician rarely uses.

However, it is a night to satisfy a piece of David's divided and connected faith. Winter means so much to so many of Humanity's people and most of it revolves around light in the darkest of nights. Romans called it Saturnalia. Jesus' birth, celebrated at this point, is characterized by a star lighting the way. David celebrates the death and resurrection of Osiris during this time in observance of the Festival of Lamps.

As the Mekhet approaches, he battles with the warring impulses of fight and flight. His Companion screeches in warning and hatred over the familiar and the not-so. Who are they to intrude on the scarce resources of the Domain? The push and pull of the Shrike is held back by the leash the Logic of Man place upon base, carnal instinct.

Sliding off of the bike a few feet away and setting down its kickstand, the Mortician approaches. He is plainly dressed; vest, tie, khakis, a jacket and even a scarf; but it is his leather satchel that David draws attention to. “Hierophant,” David greets Chris first then the others, “Mr. Bridges, Miss York, Ma'am.” The last for Dirge.

I have a gift of a few lights if you'd like,” telling Chris this before retrieving a couple of flameless candles from the satchel. “In honor of the Feast of Lamps.

T
    Tre

I may be a little late for the gathering but what’s life without the occasional dramatic entrance.

I follow the lit path way out to the gathering in tow a beautiful female Mountain Lion. Her light brown fur glistening from the ambiance of the torches after being, well brushed and groomed. Around her neck a metal collar beset with spikes. Running from collar to my hand a chain that’s been twined in holly and other greenery. The crowning touch on her head sits a wreath of mistletoe.
    She glides along besides me as I whisper to her once and again, keeping her calm and readying her for the other predators that‘d she would meet this evening.

Rounding the last corner of the walk I light up with a smile and approach the Hierophant, pushing back the urge to lash out at all the other Beasts gathered about us.

“Hierophant, I present ta ya a gift fur tonight’s festivities. May tha Mother bless us all.”

I offer out an hand in greeting as the large wild cat rubs againts my legs and purrs in pleasure.

untitled.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread