Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Returning to the Scene

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    T

Striker didn't know where Avis was, but Asp said she was still here so the shaman found his way and start back to where the fight had started with grim determination on his face. He had no idea what to expect, but as always he would take things as they came.

This scene follows on from here.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The Warlock was still there, lurking half in the shadow of an arcade, leaning against an arch with arms crossed firmly over her chest. She straightened when he appeared, and the way her arms tightened suggested that maybe she wasn't hugging herself for self comfort alone, but maybe also to keep her hands trapped and unable to do mischief or violence.

"I see you're walking again. You better watch yourself, motherfucker! If you want to keep it that way," she spat at him, her voice running too high and thready to sound intimidating even though there was rage infusing it.

Shivers ran beneath her clothing, though from rage, fear, or a cocktail of the two was hard to make out. Unseen, hands flexed into fists, and a part of her dreamed of violence. There was a thread, though, something coming from inside her chest, that threatened to snap, to unravel and release it all flood that would leave her worn out and raw. Hands formed of grim determination gripped that thread, holding it fast. For now.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes Whisper liked this post
    T

Striker strode through the Circle until he noticed Avis, stopping suddenly as she appeared from semi-darkness.

He started to opend his mouth to say 'hey' but Avis was already spitting her warning at him. If it bothered him, it didn't show. He narrowed his eyes at her for a second, realising that her take on a friendly punch up must be vastly different from his own. But her attitude was no way to get an apology out of someone. If anything it sounded like she wanted another round. Not this time you crafty little git. You're throwing the first punch this time. He smiled a friendly smile while his eye continued to bore into her trying to figure out her game.

"Well I'm glad you're ok too." He said before pausing for a second. They were still Arrows, and dammit if he didn't respect her abilities. "That's the second time you've taken me down. 'Cept this time you did it on your own. First round my foot." he said with a small smile of admiration.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" she screamed at him. "You think I'm proud because I almost killed you? You, a piece of shit that tried to beat me because you didn't like what I had to say? You, who punched a bench because you were angry that I've been abused? Does that make any fucking sense to you? You're just like they were, Striker! You're just the same! People don't go around beating each other. They don't, and if you try that again with me then I will kill you," she promised him, "because then you won't be a person."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes Whisper liked this post

"ENOUGH!"

The huge Sentinel strode behind Striker, already hearing the raised voices that echoed. His usual stoic appearance shattered as he grew angry.

"This is an active Sentinel investigation. Any further incidents, threats or otherwise will be brought to the attention of the Hierarch." A pause, his eyes looking between them both. "Are we clear?"

T

He forced a calming breath in and out as Avis exploded at him. He wanted to yell back... but that's just what she wants too. Wait. Same as them? The bastards she was talkin' about? His face twisted into incredulous outrage and he was about to yell back when Jonokuchi interposed.

He didn't know how much the big sumo had heard, but didn't take his eyes of Avis. "See what I mean mate. She's tryin' to wind me up. If she wants to go again I'm up for it. Sanctioned this time Avis? You're not gonna call the teacher on me again? After you kill me?" He finally looked up at Jonokuchi. There was no malice in his eyes, just determination. "I'm not lookin' for trouble mate. But I found her."

A
    Asp

Asp had been on her way out from the basement when she heard Avis's yelling and Jonokuchi's roar. The Obrimos crossed her arms and leaned against the doorframe she'd come through, watching silently for a moment to figure out what was going on.

She had her guesses.

She would have let the Mastigos cool off before going and talking to her, but to each, their own.

Barely any time at all and already, there were duels being called for. Striker had missed the point.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

The roar from the normally serene Talon jarred her and she flinched, but it wasn't enough to quell her anger against Striker's stupidity. His -- delusions. She stood there fuming, comprehending and despising his narcissism. His was a deep seated weakness, an inability to face reality. To face his own flaws. The fact that he was Awakened only proved the power the Lie still help over all of them, no matter what they could do, but his blatant ignorance of it pissed her off. She couldn't stand that kind of weakness.

"Your head is fucked up, Striker!" she spat at the Criminal, moving around the pillar, away from him, towards the great doors at the end of the Cathedral. "Why would I want you to attack me?" she challenged, jabbing a finger at him even as she retreated. "Don't you fucking get it?! I DON'T. LIKE. VIOLENCE! SO STAY THE FUCK AWAY!"

With that last explosion, that voiding of emotion, she turned and hustled to the doors, quickly yanking one open and then plunging into the night. She didn't give a fuck about things like saving face, or posturing, or what the Hierarch would say anymore. She'd done what she had to and she would do what she had to in the future. If the laws wouldn't hold him -- no, if he would hold himself to the laws, that was his problem. If he made it hers again, well, she had a solution.

11. Likes Forn Clakes, Whisper liked this post
    T

Striker let the venom wash over him. He'd been yelled at, screamed at before. With her final words he stood in stunned silence until she'd left the building. His anger outrage, frustration all gone he looked back to Jonokuchi with confusion on his face. " So why the hell's she an Arrow?" he said voicing his lack of understanding, more for the sake of speaking his mind than asking a question.

A
    Asp

Hoooooooly jeez.

"Because you don't have to enjoy violence to be a good Arrow," she said gently.

She sighed, looking sort of on a downward slope at the ground as she scratched her head.

"Ask most sane soldiers you meet. They probably will tell you they don't enjoy violence, either. Hell, I spend hours and hours every week teaching children how to do martial arts. Battle drills are quite literally my day job. But I don't enjoy the process of hurting people. It's just a part of the duty. Necessary, but never to be reveled in. A part that can break your mind, long term, if you're not careful. Something to think about."

Asp looked to Jonokuchi.

"Seems to me like we're about done here?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread