1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(SN 2014) Swearing the Pledge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Arriving at the table of the Winter Queen, the Changeling is met with little small talk. It isn't out of rudeness, simply so as to ensure that all who wish to pledge themselves can do so swiftly. Katrin locks eyes with those who would join the Freehold proper, almost in an effort to gauge the truth from their words.

"Do you promise and swear not to knowingly aid the Gentry and their agents, to keep secret our Freehold for a year and a day, and in doing so to assist others with a small gesture of faith, yes? In doing so, you shall be booned, blessed until such time as this pledge lasts. Failure, however, will be swift, and you will not only be banished but also be cursed for the gift you once coveted with turn against you. Do you swear it?"

For those who have been in the Freehold for sometime may notice the lack of a shorter, Seasonal pledge that other Sovereigns have offered. If this question is brought to light, Katrin will offer a small, and utterly intentional, smirk.

"Would you risk the sanctuary of this Freehold by only pledging to it for a Season? If that is so, then this place is not for you, one would think, no?"

With a nod, once completed and sworn, the next may take their pledge.

Please post to swear the pledge and indicate the Skill so sworn
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    W
    Will

Philliph was nearly shaking in his boots as he walked up to the winter monarch. ears flat against his skull, tail all curled up between his legs and he didn't dare look the woman in the eye. Cold, regal and with a bearing that let him remember way to much of the fae back in that hell he had escaped from. She looked a lot like the season she was the monarch off. Cold, merciless and probably pittyless.

"My name is philliph. I pledge to keep the freehold and everything about us secret for a year and a day." He wracked his brain for a moment for how to word what gesture he would give them. "As for a gesture. For the lost who are really lost. I'll help them guide back to familiar paths and them out fo danger." As soon as the scary monarch nodded that his pledge was accepted he hightailed it back to his conversation group.

Skill: survival -1 wp

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Shortly after his Queen's entrance, Degnar walked over to her table. The Darkling got down on one knee, paying his proper respects to his Queen. "I, Degnar of the Silent Arrow, do solemnly swear that for a year and a day, I shall not knowingly aid the Gentry or their agents. I will not reveal our nature or that of our Freehold to those who wish harm upon us, and will do what I can to assist the members of this Freehold."

Having spoken the words of his pledge, Degnar looked up to meet his Queen's gaze for a moment. "Queen Byeli, it is also my wish to serve once more as your Archer," he said to the regal Fairest. "If you will accept me as such, I do solemnly swear that for a year and a day, I will serve as Winter's Archer of the Lonely March. I will travel to places others dare not to; serve as your eyes and ears as I traverse the thorns, and seek places of safety for the Silent Arrow." With the words being spoken, the Darkling fell to silence once more, awaiting for his Queen's response.

-1 WP (or -2 WP if she accepts his second pledge), Investigation for the Boon please

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Following Degnar's example, Gregory kneels respectfully to the Winter Queen, removing his cloth cap and holding it in fidgeting hands. He raises his head tentatively to look upon Katrin but finds he cannot hold her gaze, looking instead to the tabletop.

"I do, Queen Byeli, I swear to you. No aid shall I give to the terrible True, nor those that serve them, that's what I'll do. No word of mine shall betray this Freehold's trust for a year and a day. And as my form suggests, I grant aid at your behest. I will warn mischief-makers and hostile brutes not to seek trouble and dispute, my wicked tongue put to good use."

As a Gargoyle he felt comfortable invoking fear in invaders, and despite his seemingly good-nature a mean streak exists just beneath the surface. He hopes this gesture will suffice in his Pledge, though for someone intending to inspire fear he may seem rather unimpressive.

Given her leave, Gregory stands, nods his head once and replaces the cap upon his head before returning to the general assembly.

-1 WP to take Freehold Pledge, Intimidation

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was not delusional quite yet. He was well aware that she was way out of his league. He knew better than to try and do something stupid — other than what he was about to do, of course.

"Ma'am."

He gave the Winter monarch a respectful nod before kneeling in a most knightly manner and speaking in an unusually grave tone. Even more unusual, his head was bowed down in a sign of humility.

"For a year and a day, I swear the Others shall get no assistance for me, and that not the existence of this Freehold nor the true identity of its inhabitants shall be revealed by me to any outsider. For a year and a day, I promise to protect the safety of all members of this Freehold over my own and to stand against any threats that might infringe upon it, regardless of their nature. This I pledge to do, for a year and a day, and may these words be turned against me should I lie."

He stopped. He wondered if he had maybe overdone the wording. A little drastic, rather flowery, but he hoped it would serve its purpose. He needed this promise, more than the Freehold needed him. Maybe now, with the Wyrd locking him in place, he would be dissuaded from trying to run ever again. Once gotten her leave, he stops for a second before moving on.

"I mean my words. If anyone needs help, I'm willing... no, eager to step up."

He needed a quest. Even if it killed him.

8. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

"One would expect nothing less, no?" Katrin replied to Degnar , offering the man a rare smile. "The Silent Arrow recognises your dedication and sacrifice, my Archer."

Towards Nathan Griffin , Gregory and Philliph ( Will ), a small nod is given once they have taken their vows, binding themselves to the Freehold for a year and a day.
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel had been considering taking the yearly pledge already. It seemed appropriate since he’d been here almost a year now anyway and it would be ‘his’ season so to speak. However, the lack of seasonal oath being offered did mean he was one of those to ask the awkward question. And maybe it was the icy Queen’s answer or simply the allure of something you could not have but Daniel found himself missing having the option. Still, once she’d given her reason, Daniel gave his oath without hesitation.

“I swear to not knowingly help the Gentry or any who might serve them and to keep this Freehold secret. I further promise words. Whether to offer comfort or persuade others, I will lend my voice to the Freehold’s causes. All this I will do for a year filled with blessings. Should I break this pledge may I be exiled beyond the borders and cursed.”

-1 WP, Persuasion
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

11. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Not long after Degnar had offered his commitment, L’aire followed suit. For as excited as she was earlier, it slowly dwindled and turned into nerves. The Fairest slowly curtsied and bowed her head before speaking.

"I, L’aire of the Court of Onyx, do swear that for a year and a day, I shall not knowingly aid the Gentry or their agents. I will not reveal our nature or that of our Freehold to those who wish harm upon us, and will do what I can to assist the members of this Freehold."

The Dancer’s pledge being spoke, L’aire’s head raised for her eyes to meet her Queen’s. Then, she froze for a moment. The violet eyes that looked upon the Icy Beauty held the brief tale of her departure, how lost she had been and frost that crept slowly around her heart. She was not scared Katrin, but maybe she should be, the fear L’aire had was of the delivery of words and her inability to offer anything. She was the weakest link of the Onyx, in her opinion. “My Queen, I only have to offer my skills as a Dancer, though I do not know what purpose it could serve.” There she laid it out. L’aire had failed to find a skill of value to her Court and the Freehold since her return. “If there is a role you wish of me to fulfill, I shall gladly do it.”

Terri said bait was a bad idea, maybe Katrin would like it. No, Terri would be mad.

Another brief silence before she began again. “If you do see me fit, I pledge myself to your wish for a year and a day.” L’aire’s delivery was shaky, broken, and perhaps made no sense. But, she gave her Queen a beautiful and royal Dancer’s bow holding the pose and then backing up. Just shut up and stop running your mouth into a wall L’aire.

-1 WP for Oath

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The mountain moved. With ponderous tread and deferent aspect, he plodded to Queen Byeli's table.

"Its that time of year again," he said simply as a little smile chipped onto his face. "I can feel the Wyrd shifting. You need the words, right? OK then: I will continue what I've been doing - walking the borders of the 'hold and keeping a watch for trouble coming our way. I won't help the Gentry or their agents. I won't reveal our secrets to outsiders. I'll do what I can for the people of this hold - for a year and a day, this I swear!"

The controlled rage and the quiet certainty exploded quietly in his voice and in the flash of light in his eyes. He paused and looked carefully about him, before continuing in a quieter, more ernest, rumble.

"But there is more, isn't there. Last year you made me Archer. I"m still in if you want it. I'll do it! I will be your Archer of the Lonely March. I'll be your eyes and ears out there. I'll go to places others won't. I'll seek out places of safety for the Silent Arrow. For a year and a day, you have my pledge. If you want it."

-1 WP to secure the Freehold Pledge, tasked to Investigation. A further -1 WP to secure the Archer's Pledge, if applicable

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

"L'aire," Katrin begins, taking in the Fairest's apparent uncertain nature, "You are a teacher, no? Of young children? I think there is much you can bring to the Freehold and the Court of Sorrows, yes?" The Sorrowful Queen rested her chin on the back of her hand. There may have been a look of amusement, even of compassion. It was impossible to read.

"There is always a place within the Silent Arrow, L'aire." Without a word, that seemed to be the end of the conversation, at least for now.

Despite his question and Katrin's answer, once Daniel had swore the pledge, Katrin offered his a small, imperceptible nod. Encouragement, perhaps?

"Malcolm, I recognise your fortitude. You shall be my Archer for another year and a day."

Yumyumcrow , please add your Courtly pledge here and the mechanics will be added later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread