Ended
Watch

Dark and Smoky

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Was this what it was to be human? Blood flushed to the skin, dull warmth from stolen blood and false heartbeat flowing throughout as the world around him took shape? Conversations held quietly in dark corners, men and women in their Danse, a glass of cheap whiskey with two clanking ice cubes bouncing softly within?

Peter Baldwin remembered a time when nights like this were his norm. Alcohol. Women. A fight, or a bet, or a line. It had seemed so real then, like that was what life was about. Fast living. Not caring when he died. It hadn't worked out like he expected.

Now, he lived just as fast, but there was a bit more concern. He'd died once. He probably wouldn't survive the second time.

The pool table was free. It didn't matter who he played, really. There was always someone willing to make a bet at a dive like this place. In some ways, it reminded him of Trax.

Maybe he'd like Trax better if Roxie wasn't down there pointing pistols at his face.

Racking up the balls, Baldy picked up the giant stake and set to chalking the tip.

-1V for Blush of Life. -1V for imbibing drank.

A
    Angel Ducard

He leans over to break, it is at that point I make my moment and step into frame, so to speak. I assume one such as him saw me coming a mile away, but thats okay. I like the effect of my entrance anyway."I'd ask you for a light, but they would probably ask me to leave..." I have a cigarette hanging from my lips, for effect, and I take it between my fingers. In my other hand I carry a glass of something brown that they called whisky, but I doubt it highly. My eyes, well, they say, take your shot...

I stand at the foot rail, the rack properly ordered. I wear a light pair of slacks and matching blouse, and a simple pair of flats, nothing exciting. My skin is blushed thanks to an earlier meal, and a proper amount of makeup is applied for a lady to excentuate her beauty, and hide a flaw or two

"Careful with that, you might hurt yourself." I add a modicum of flirtation, but nothing obsene. I am after all, a modern woman and if I choose to be a bit flirtatious, what is the harm. It is at this moment that my master would be chastizing me. It is a dangerous game I am playing, but what game worth playing isn't.

S
    Sasha

Having been for a drive, the Fairest was lost in her thoughts, randomly turning down the roads she’d never been. Still unsettled with the lack of closure, the Dancer couldn’t get her head on straight lately. L’aire had been window shopping earlier in the day. The heels didn’t bother her legs in the least, and she looked a little wintery with the black sweater that encompassed her upper half.

She saw a bar, not her usual place of interest but maybe there’d be enough tears in the beer that she could cleave some Glamour from them. Surly, there were plenty who only smoke when they drank and only drank now and then.

Besides, this was back to the living on the edge thing she’d been trying to do albeit failing miserably.

The Fairest’s violet eyes found the pool table, and two slightly different sorts of people there. It was hard to say if they were friendly or not, the slight feeling of uneasy crept over her being. Billiards brought back memories, they use to be fond but that season had passed.

Admittedly, L’aire wasn’t good at breaking the ice. She didn’t want to bother the bartender yet, so she timidly walked over to the table. Her eyes studied it for a moment before speaking, part of her wanted to join and make a new memory. Waiting for a precise moment when the man wasn’t trying to aim, she gently asked. “Uh, sorry to be a pest. Do you know about what part of town this is?”

Gawd, you sound desperately lost L’aire. “Err, uh, wait, that’s okay. I forgot I had one of those program thingies on my phone.” Taking a singular step backward.

Or desperately stupid.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin's eyes flicked up, but there was nothing greyscale romantic about it. The Menace cut through his gaze, rendering it sinister and threatening, as if the wound-up spring attached to a deadly trap was about to snap at her. His smile, intended to be polite, only made it worse. What was it to be pleasant to look at? He'd been so used to people being on edge around him that the Man didn't even bother to make the old internal arguments.

Yet Angel Ducard was a Nosferatu, was she not? If she did not understand his Curse, then she might as well have been a Daeva poseur pretending at horror.

"It hasn't happened yet."

The break was nothing special, but balls skittered about the table, and a stripe sank as he offered her the cue.

"Hello, Ms. Ducard."

The beautiful angel of a woman asking her question so quietly drew Peter Baldwin's intense gaze, and he gave her a half-smile that couldn't possibly have been much comfort. "Not a pest. You're downtown, still. Where you trying to head?"

Most people went to gas stations for directions. To come to a dive like this? Well, one thing was for sure. The kinds of shitbirds that made a place like this habitual, they knew these streets for sure.

1 sux to pool
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-05 02:01:06 Peter Baldwin rolls 5 to Int+Dex to pool (10 Again) 9, 4, 3, 4, 7 1 success

T
    Tre

Like any town on the road I’d traveled so far there was always at least one dive bar. That place where the less that reputable of society gather. Here they talk business and swap stories of the long roads that stretch long into the night. I’d learned quickly that while traveling they also make a great pit stop for our kind, but that’s not why I find myself here tonight .

Tonight, I was gathering intel, learning the lay of the land, just like any forest every city has its hiding holes and watering points, and just like the mountain streams it all travels downhill.

I push the blood into my flesh and feel the thump of my heart beat and the chill of the evening air. I breathe in deeply, a joy some forget to stop and indulge in. As I pass into the bar and I see them, thankfully the feeling of their Beast masked under some form of ability I’d yet to learn.

Approaching the table I smile, “Evenin folks, ows tha night treatin ya?”
    To the two beautiful women I take my hat off and give a slight bow of the head before returning my hat in place, “Opfully as pleasurable as yur presence.”

The darkling nudged the door open with his elbow as he nonchalantly strolled in. His pitch black eyes scanned the patrons, most of which seemed right at home in such a fine establishment. He couldn't help but be surprised seeing a familiar face that seemed so out of place. She was every bit as beautiful as when he first laid his eyes upon her and he couldn't imagine what she was up to.

Then again, he didn't really know L'aire. For all he knew she was the epitome of good girls liking bad guys. As the thought moved through his mind, he couldn't help but take notice of the small gathering she was apart of...

The other woman was beautiful, as well, though there was something strange about her that he could not quite place a finger upon. The fellow playing pool also seemed like a potential problem, like he was a hothead looking for a reason to erupt. Maredrauga had come to earn a bit of cash with a couple of games of pool... at least enough for a drink and maybe a bite to eat afterwards. He definitely did not want to take a bottle to the head...

The last stranger, rocking the leather, had much of the same off putting feel. One who maybe got things done through strength over intellect... It was hard for Maredrauga to pin down, but he found his eyes make there way back to oddest one of the bunch, L'aire...

Fuck it... He told himself with a shrug of his shoulders as he quietly approached the small group. The darkling wore the autumn mantle, that ever so slightly played with shadows, every bit as well as the haunt's carried the burden of their curse.

"Evenin'" Maredrauga said as he stepped into the mix of the group and conversation. His eyes shifted to L'aire for a moment as he gave her a soft nod of his head, trying to gauge whether she was here accidentally or by design...

Pic
    Daeva | Unaligned | BP • |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP ¾

A
    Angel Ducard

The ferocity of his look did not startle me as I look to his smile, odd that smile is.

"I believe it is still your shot Mr. Baldwin, depending on which rules you are playing by..."

Well, that is suprising. If there was anyone in this bar I would not have approached at random, it would be Sir Priscus Baldwin. A fluffy puppy he is not...

She is very pretty this one. Her violet eyes, are rather mysterious. "Yes dear, you are safely downtown" I say assuring her that the Good Priscus will probably not remove her face with his bare hands.

I feel my frequincy turn on and detect a static stronger then the norm. I turn to the door and another Hunter enter in, it seems I cannot avoid new kindred, no matter where I go. "Well thank you sir, Ducard, Angel Ducard." I say with smooth confidence. "A pleasure Mr..." I extend my hand for a firm, but pleasent hand shake.

As the next man arrives, I am curious if this gentleman knows the Violet eyed woman. I give him a pleasent smile as well

Tre , Just so you are aware, both Angel and Peter have Mask of Tranquility up. So you wouldn't be able to detect any beasts. And they are both blushed, so you may not know they are vampires unless you saw them at court, or met Peter somewhere else.

S
    Sasha

“Wasn’t heading anywhere really. Just haven’t been to this part of town before.” The Fairest shrugged slightly toward Peter.

She looked to all that were suddenly around here. “I’m Sasha.” Her hand moved up from her leg with a little wave.

The Dancer was surprised that Maredrauga had arrived. Doubtful he followed her, and maybe he was the type of Darkling who just wandered into strange places. “Oh, hey there.”

Damn it, I don’t know what his mundane name is.

The woman with the heavy make up felt a little more encouraging than the feel that she gave off. “Oh, thank you Ms… Ducard?”

“So, I’m not that great at pool. But, I wouldn’t mind playing someone?” Shrugging with a soft grin, an open invitation but mostly toward the one who was currently playing.

Daeva | Unaligned | BP • |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP ¾

P
    Peter Baldwin

Look at this guy. All overwhelmingly feral with a Beast that caused him to grit his teeth and pressed the Menace back even as he dropped a pretty heinous bit of game. Thankfully, Baldwin was looking away and so when he closed his lids, he could resist the urge to roll his eyes. Indeed, he didn't have to engage this Kindred on that level tonight. His Blood was cloaked, emitting no Beast, and he enjoyed the flush in his skin in this instant.

Just a guy. Just a guy with a little bit of poise and a serious vibe of tense.

"Hey," he grunted at the two fellows who'd joined them, leaning over the table again to take another shot in his run. "I was offering you this one because it's the better cue," Baldwin said perfectly courteously by way of explanation as to why he was offering the stick. He knew the rules. The Knight put cue to white and didn't sink another this go around, the Menace whispering to him all the while about the feral, unknown Kindred and suggesting courses of actions that just wouldn't do in mortal society - even fucked up, seedy mortal society like this.

He liked this place. Liked it enough to not want to get banned for being weird.

"I'm Pete. Once we're done, you want to play the winner?" he asked L'aire, indicating Ducard with a little nod of his head.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.