Watch

(1412) Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

December the Third, 2014, at Eleven.

It was the first official meeting of Clan Nosferatu of Priscus Baldwin's leadership of the Haunts. The sunken hallowness of the Invictus Knight's face was neutral as he waited at the head of the table in the large meeting room at Nox, his fingers intertwined as he awaited the arrival of the Clan. The table was clear save for a small notebook and his pen. The only movement in the room was a slight adjustment of a jade cufflink he wore on a jet-black suit. No scents of lemonade or gentle perfume wafted through the still air. Baldwin's soap was Ivory.

Scentless.

It kept his corpse clean. That was what soap was for. It wasn't like he was chasing tail.

They would be here soon, he trusted. He adored timeliness.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer arrived first. Perhaps it was fitting; but to her it was a sign of respect.
    "Priscus Baldwin," Jennifer nodded respectfully at the doorway of the room. She glances at the empty chairs, her lips slightly pinched. There wasn't much that truly irritated her, but showing carelessness was one of the top irritations of her Danse. The Nosferatu glances around the entrance-way as she enters Nox; wondering if any would tax the Knight's patience.

"- I trust that you are well." The brunette inquired taking a chair facing the door way. "Have you some thoughts about our newly arrived Family?"

Peter Baldwin
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

S
    Shepard

Shortly after the arrival of Jennifer Hazelton, a second Haunt entered the Nox Populi.

He wore simple cowboy boots, slacks, and a dark green sweater. His glasses are perched on the top of his head. They had long since been rendered useless, but there was a sentimentality behind the wire frames that had prevented Nolan from getting rid of them. Finally a small golden spear dangled around his neck resting gently on his chest.

"Good evening." He offered a nod of the head to his new leader. "Priscus Baldwin, congratulations."

Nolan took his seat at the left hand of Peter Baldwin.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Good evening, Lady Whip," the Knight said with a friendly smile to his coteriemate as she arrived and greeted him. "I am well, and I hope you are also." Surely she was. It was a meeting of the Blood; they had two newly-arrived Family members needing orientation, and Clan business besides. The Nosferatu of Sacramento were so transient, and Peter hoped that with the right motivation, they would find themselves enjoying the presence of more of their Blood over time. "I do, although they will surely be developed by this meeting."

A sign. Perhaps they ought to talk privately later.

Nolan Rhoads arrived, and the Priscus nodded to him. "Good evening, Mr. Rhoads, and thank you. Welcome. We'll be getting started shortly. Have you been settling in well enough?"

A
    Angel Ducard

Back where I started so soon, I can’t help but feel like I am walking into the principal's office, to get an award. I dress properly and with confidence, a dark dress with small accent pearls. I love this dress, it’s waist with the buttons accents my figure so nicely.

As I enter the meeting room I see my family before me. Giving each of them a look that says Oh Hello, I give a polite curtsy to my betters. “Good Evening to you all. Priscus Baldwin.” Giving no extra emphasis, “Lady Hazelton, good evening to you as well. Hello Mr. Rhoads.” I do not curtsy to Nolan, just give him a polite smile. He is not my better. “I have not kept you all waiting have I?” I say with small exasperation, even though it would not actually hurt my feelings. It is not terrible to have been waited for, could be rather flattering, as long as they are not kepts waiting too long.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The elevator rings, heralding the arrival of another. Following the sound comes the scratching of paws and a rhythmic tapping. Dirge appeared with one of her hounds seeing eye dogs; the animal was off its leash but for the moment was docile. In one of her hands was her cane at full extension. A bulging sling bag hung heavily over the other shoulder, leaking a strong aroma of grave earth. She wore jeans and a stained jumper; a long coat caked in mud; old worn boots peeked out from under her coat and the muck trailed in her wake. A baroque bandana was wrapped artfully around her head; her hair wild and damp and windblown.

The Haunt paused, her head head swivelling as she sniffed out the room where the other Kindred had gathered. It was not a normal inhalation - it reeked of the Beast with its unashamed preternatural loudness and its brutal length. Once she located an unfamiliar Beast she moved quickly, stalking into the room with her dog at her side.

She paused, framed in the doorway, sniffing again. The dog, red eyed in the ambient lighting, grunted a growl of greeting or challenge - it was hard to say.

"I am here."

S
    Shepard

"Thus far everything is going smoothly. Hopefully I can establish myself further, and thrive here. All that is left for me to do is reach out to the Church"

Havens were always such a pain to develop, and in truth he had shirked the responsibility in the past. The church had provided living arrangements. Traveling was simple enough, but settling in was something he was having to work at being good at.

The arrival of their last family member drew a small smile to Nolan's face. The rest of their family had appeared so prim and proper. Even he was well dressed. Make up, cuff links, ties. No, whoever this last Haunt was past all the pomp and circumstance of court. Something that Nolan found exceedingly interesting.

"Good evening Ms. Ducard, and to you as well Miss." He did not know her name, but he could at least say hello.

P
    Peter Baldwin

“I am glad to hear it. You might wish to speak with Priscus Sterling of Clan Ventrue. I understand her to be affiliated with the Second Estate. I would imagine she could get you pointed in the right direction.”

The arrival of their second newcomer drew Baldwin's eyeline. The dark dress was appreciated in the same way a medical professional might appreciate a shining, sharp scalpel – a useful tool, beautiful in its way. Such a thing could serve well. “Good evening, Ms. Ducard. Not at all. You have been prompt.”

Promptness was good, and none had been late tonight. The final one that Baldwin sort of expected to see was here, just on time. Dirge, one who had been about, one who he knew little of. She had been related in some way to the Crone diablerist who had had his head popped off like a champagne cork by the highly effective Master of the Necropolis at the last formal Court.

“Good evening, Dirge. Welcome. Please, join us.”

Five Nosferatu. Good. He looked from each to each in acknowledgment, let everyone get seated, and went to it.

“There are a few things for us to discuss tonight, but given the recent new arrivals and changes within our Family, introductions are in order. I am Peter Baldwin, Priscus of the Clan.”

Selecting the appropriate level of formality was key. These Kindred knew he was Invictus. There was no need to slam them in the face with it, not here. Family Time was a place for a certain degree of openness.

Not that he'd be loosening his tie any time soon...

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Mr Rhoads." Jennifer glances at the man for a longer minute, her tone polite but flat. She had not failed to notice how he had not greeted her upon his arrival. Surely there was a reason for his emphasis on the 'Priscus'... merely to indicate that he was up with the current changing of titles.
    "Ms. Duchard." The woman recieved a warmer greeting from Jennifer. "I trust that you have been well since we last spoke?"As Dirge enters, Jennifer gave the woman a respectful nod of her head. She was unsure how well the other woman saw; but she was glad for Dirge's company. Let the two newcomers see Dirge was respected aming the family.
    "Dirge, hello. It is good to see you this evening."

"Certainly, Lord Priscus Baldwin. I am Lady Whip Jennifer Hazelton, Notary of the First Estate, Whip of the Nosferatu..." Redundant to her mind, but best to detail out everything just so as no one can claim ignorance later.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Greetings," Dirge replied cryptically. An enigmatic half smile formed on her lips as she moved into the room. Her hound swirled around her legs and her cane went tap-tapping until she found a seat. A spidery hand crawled along the back of the chair as she maneuvered herself into place. With a jerk, her cane folded and she placed it carefully on her lap.

"It is good to be seen. I detect... change?" Eerily sightless, her head swivelled to where the voices emanated from with an almost insectile speed. "I am Dirge, an Acolyte."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.