Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Life of an Urban Wizard

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Emrys

PRE

"Of coarse not!" The Libertine proclaimed in response to Elle's comment about reading. "I prefer chocolate fudge brownie myself."

A smile, and Emrys quickly looks between the two ladies before him. "Sorry, I was apparently raised in a cave. Elle, this is Einstein, a buddy of mine from the club. Einstein, this is Elle, she's um.... a Trail blazer? Yeah, let's go with that."

He nodded to himself content with that intro before turning his gaze back to Elle. "So what book are you reading?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein was confused for a moment as Emrys introduced the two. The club? Oh, of course, the Free Council. She'd almost forgotten they were surrounded by Sleepers. She turned to Elle. "Yes, that's me. Einstein. I'm new in town, nice to meet you!"

J

"Unfortunately, it's another Law book."

Always with the law books right now. She's eating 2-3 pints of ice cream a night. Truthfully, most of the ice cream ends up melting. She bought a case of wine, and even that is left unopened on the floor of her kitchen. Terrible thing, that. Not that it'll go bad, but it's taking up space and she's kicked her toe into it every morning this week.

The only club she knew Emrys belonged to is the one where they sit around and talk about 'freedom'. From what, she's not really sure, because there isn't a whole lot of captivity the way it is. Just a structure to society. Structure doesn't mean oppression, but all she can do as her brain wanders is shrug.

"And I lead people down thorny paths. Hopefully, no one gets cut, but I can only lead and hope they follow in a direction that benefits us all. Where'd you move from, Einstein?"

Conceited much? Who picks a name like Einstein. It might be nice to meet her, but she doesn't know if that's the case yet.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Emrys

PRE

Emrys listened to the conversation grimacing slightly at the mention of a law book.

"Ewww. Sorry to hear that." He said, almost apologetically. "I don't mind that stuff in small doses because it's nice to have someone in house to know it, but to much and I'm ready to burn stuff."

The Enchanter blinked for a second. "Umm, so I guess thanks for doing it so we don't have to?" Apparently being a Counselor in a time of change was hard work. Thank goodness he wasn't it!

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Law book? Einstein wondered if that meant Sleeper law or Consilium law. Was Elle a lawyer in her false-life? "Chicago, actually. Had been living there for a while before. Uh, are you a lawyer? Is that why you're reading books about the law?" Maybe she'd be willing to help if Einstein got in trouble for something or other. Sleepers were awfully persistent about legal violations, and it wasn't like she could turn them into frogs or newts. Unfortunately.

J

"Nah, we're nearly done with the new edition of the code of conduct for our professional society. It needed updating as the old one wasn't actually legal. So we're starting back with the basics."

Hence all the ice cream. It's hard work, but someone needs to do it. And that someone is the council. The logic follows.

"So Einstein. You a physicist?"

She leans up against her cart. The ice cream is going to melt a little, but it won't be so bad seeing that it's better a little melty. Also she has a freezer at home.

Emrys

PRE

"Nice." Emrys said to his Councilor. "Is it going to be ready for the next gathering? And do we each get copies like before?"

Though the Libertine had received his copy of the provisional, but having the bonified finished product would be brilliant, if only to smack around the more devious Libertines with. Also another heavy thing to chuck at Falstaff never hurts. Except for Falstaff.

J

"Our friend from down under who likes to get himself in trouble will be distributing copies for the foreseeable future. They won't be ready until the meeting though. There are quite a few updates from the copy you got at the meeting too."

There really are going to be quite the changes. Changes for the good she thinks. And the rest of the Council seems to agree from their work. She hopes they polity are able to adjust to a more professional consilium. Well, not necessarily professional, just not absent. Having an actual council meeting at all is a change in itself. As with everything, she doubts everyone will be happy. But that's why the council is who they are. The wisest. Well, almost the wisest. At least they have supernal authority.

"And if you don't know who I'm talking about, it'll be announced and he'll be introduced at the meeting."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein nodded at Nous. "Yep! I'm a physicist. Although, my attention has drifted from regular physics into more, uh, arcane, pursuits." She listened to the little conversation, her interest peaked by the mention of copies. "Oh, we're all getting copies? Excellent! I can't wait to read mine, I'm sure you've done a good job with them." Actually, that reminded her...she turned to Emrys. "Speaking of the law, at the next club meeting we should add 'figure out legal stance' to the agenda."

Emrys

PRE

At the mention of a trouble making Australian, Emrys could only quirk his head in a mix of curiosity and confusion and nod when Elle was finished. Finally Einstein mentions something he did have a clue on, and so he went with that.

"I'm pretty sure the agenda was firmly established as cooperation and symbiosis, which means adhering to the rules the greater community will be a must to maintain good rapport." The Enchanter shrugged. "We can discuss it in greater detail though at the meeting. With Ermac there he can bring any concerns we have to the others and see what does and does not have merit with our take on the new laws."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread