First on the Scene

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus nods once, letting the Supernal flow freely to mend his fellow Shaman's injuries. It should prove interesting, hearing what the other man had to say.

But at the same time, he was disquieted. The Arrow believed in order, and structure. For one of their own to run afoul of the law so many times ... was there something deeper here?

3 suxx Healing Heart v Striker, -1 m
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-11 11:03:51 Animus rolls 12 to Gno + Lif (10 Again) 8, 2, 5, 2, 5, 4, 5, 4, 2, 7, 8, 8 3 successes

T

"I'll be right." The shaman replied, followed by "Cheers mate." as Animus directed the supernal into him to fix whatever it was Avis had done to him.

As he sat up he wondered where he was. It looked familiar, yet different. Then Asp's words sunk in 'custody'. Holding cells. He'd seen them briefly from the outside, but not the inside. Sentinels 1-2-3. Any one of them could take him out by themselves yet they were all here. What the hell did they think he was going to do?

"Attacking Avis? I barely touched her." he said with a hint of indignation. "She glassed me and... Jeez I dunno what she did, but it laid me out right. But you bring me down here?" he demanded.

A
    Asp

"We have one side of the story. You want to tell us yours, man?" Asp looked to the other Sentinels briefly, then returned her gaze to Striker. "You don't have to if you don't want to, but maybe it would help clear things up? What happened, start to finish?"

T

Striker wasn't one to wait around. Best to get things cleared up straight away. "We got in a scuffle. Sure I threw the first punch, but she was askin' for it."` 'Attack' was such a nasty word. "I didn't attack her. I mean I did, but. I wasn't tryin' to hurt her. I just wanted her to shut the hell up." he said carefully, beginning to realise how seriously this was being taken.

He looked at the sentinels "We're Arrows right? We fight. Besides Avis can obviously look after herself, so why's this a big deal? Why are yous even here anyway?" He asked wondering what had brought the sentinels together. Surely they weren't all here just because two Arrows were fighting.

Jonokuchi

PRE

"A Counsilor is injured in the Sanctum of the Adamantine Arrows, claiming to have been attacked by a member of the Consilium," Jonokuchi said bluntly from here he stood, his voice monotone as he tried to hide the uncomfortable nature of this situation.

"Do you understand the severity of the situation, Striker-kun?"

T

Striker looked at Jonokuchi intently for a few seconds. He wanted to glare but the large sentinel was right. "Yeah if you put it like that the councillors'll slap another penance on me without even thinkin' again ay." he said bluntly. "But she's an Arrow. We're all Arrows here. What's wrong with a bit of a punch up to settle differences? She beat me to a pulp. Somehow." He paused and his eyes twitched for a second as he tried to work out what she'd done. If it was Life related I shoulda have seen it. He looked to Asp, as she seemed to be running the show "Now I'll go say sorry and shut up about it." the shaman explained plainly. Then his countenance began turning angry as he continued. "But I still wont agree with what she was saying about animals being evil or whatever bull she was on about. Man it was like she was bloody well tryin' to wind me up or something. I mean councillors can't just say what the hell they want 'cause they're councillors right? If someone's trashing my Path I'm gonna stand up for it. She's got no right." He'd worked himself up again and sat breathing heavily and staring up at Asp for a second before he dropped his gaze and ran his hand through his hair exhaling deeply and calming a little. No point getting beaten down twice in one day.

A
    Asp

Asp held up a hand gently, as if to chill him out a bit. "Hey, man, we're not here to judge or try you or anything. We're just investigators, you know? Maybe take some time to let shit cool off a bit and talk to a Factotum, 'cause this is actually serious. There's a difference between a duel agreed upon to settle differences between Arrows and just starting to swing at someone under the law of the Consilium, and we're all subject to it, right?"

Her pen worked away in the notebook in her shorthand.

"Now, I'll tell ya where this goes next. We gotta forward this on to the Council to look at, because that's what Sentinels have to do. Meaning there may be an actual trial. Get in to see Aquinas, he'll explain the process to you, he's a lawyer." Mage Lawyer.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus sits quietly for a moment, troubled. Animals. It was a sensitive point, and one he'd sliced himself on multiple times. But at the same time ...

"Striker." A calm voice, but not uncaring. "I know your pain. I know what it is to endure prejudice and personal attacks. But if you fly off the handle and meet words with violence, it plays right into all the worst stereotypes of our path. We're part of civilization, and civilization has rules and protocol. Just as much as any group of social animals would."

Jonokuchi

PRE

As Striker expressed himself, Jonokuchi remained silent, not wishing to aggravate the man further, relying on his fellow Sentinels at the moment.

T

Asp's words injected reason into his cognition and her explanation of the process brought what was happening in his mind back in line with reality. He hung his head in defeat, but when Animus spoke his name he looked up, a plaintive expression on his face, and met the other shaman's gaze. Animus' words resounded with him as he spoke to the heart of the matter. He simply nodded to Animus slowly as he considered what he'd said. Learn to calm the hell down. Everyone's been tellin' ya. What the hell's wrong with you?

He looked back to Asp, his expression still grave. "So how do I contact Aquinas? You got his number or something? And is Avis still here? Can I talk to her?" he said, his voice calm.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.