Ended
Watch

First on the Scene

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Asp

This scene continues from Guard Duty and is after the Arrow meeting in continuity.

Asp's footfalls pounding up the stairs into the Circle of Creation were followed by the sound of the cathedral's doors being flung open. The young Obrimos chanted in High as soon as she crossed the threshold and closed it behind her, flexing as her Rote's mudra as she slammed out a powerful Imago to beef her musculature well beyond human norms. The usual wave of Supernal!! didn't come off her, her Mana cloaking the spell, but a rush of competitive heat did as her Nimbus flare. She had her tonfa in her hand, her vest beneath her jacket, and a look of alertness written on her face.

"Avis?"

The Sentinel's voice echoed in the antechamber as she flowed into the building, eyes peeled. Hopefully, Avis had it under control.

Dropping ritual SH before this.

+4 STR for 24 hours, cloaked, -2M
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-01 23:39:15 Asp rolls 10 to Honing the Form STR (Res+Ath+Life+rotespec+HS-2 for 24, cloaked) (10 Again) 7, 10, 3, 8, 10, 7, 8, 1, 5, 3, 8, 5 5 successes

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I'm here," the Warlock called from her perch on the back of a pew, a heavy candle stand sitting next to her. "Striker's there," she added, nodding toward the motionless body that lay just a few feet away from her on the Cathedral's flagstones, next to a pile of shattered, green glass.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp followed Avis's eyeline along to the fallen Archangel, slinging her tonfa back in its little holster as she hulked her way on over. A wash of soothing, healing energy flowed over Avis as Asp murmured in High and made a gentle motion in her direction. "You okay?" she asked Avis as she knelt beside Striker, her meaty fingers finding his pulse. Satisfied that he was stable, she didn't make any motions to heal him yet. In a coma and stable meant he couldn't go apeshit if he had lost his mind. "What happened, man?"

She produced a little notepad and a pen from her pocket, but didn't open them up yet. If she was an investigator on this thing, she might need them.

checking pulse, healing Avis for 3 damage, -1M
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-12-02 22:28:38 Asp rolls 5 to Int+Medicine (10 Again) 5, 7, 2, 10, 5, 7 1 success
    2014-12-02 22:26:41 Asp rolls 9 to Healing Heart (GNO+Life+HS) (10 Again) 4, 6, 2, 4, 10, 1, 2, 2, 10, 6, 8 3 successes

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis just nodded at first, and brushed a piece of lank hair behind an ear. She was more exhausted than she was angry by the time Asp arrived. The anger was still there, a piece of tarred wood smoldering with contempt, but the adrenaline had left her system and her limbs felt deadened and sluggish. Asp's next question, though, sent her blood coursing a bit stronger, as Avis' memory was forced to call up those violent moments which had passed not long ago.

"I fucking told you," she said, sounding more petulant than annoyed, swinging her legs over the back of the pew and hopping down onto her feet. "He attacked me. We were just talking after our patrol, things got a bit heated, and then he just hauled off and tried to cold cock me. I told him to stop, to calm down, but he just kept swinging. I cut him, the motherfucker, hoping that'd wake him the fuck up, but he was just a fucking animal. He wouldn't stop trying to hurt me, so I stopped his heart...I started it again," she finished lamely, the energy seeping out of her voice again. "Then I called you."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp wrote down a couple of quick notes as Avis explained, keeping it in short-hand and abbreviations to keep up, something simple that she could use to remind herself of what happened. She sighed as she looked down at Striker again, shaking her head. "Well, that was pretty dumb of him, wasn't it?"

It was rhetorical.

"All right. Sounds like assaulting a Councilor to me," she said. At least, if his story wasn't vastly different. "Third offence in like, six months? That's not good. Might have to strip him of Consilium membership, and definitely gonna put him up for trial so we can let the rest of the Council decide what to do with him long-term."

A known law-breaker could be stripped of their standing. She didn't want to do it, but now? The Arrow had to keep its house clean.

She leaned over and picked Striker up gently, gingerly, his weight nothing to the giant's strength of her enhanced body. "Just so I have some details to compare when he gives his story, what were you guys discussing when he went at you?" Asp asked as she cocked her head toward the stairs down to the holding cells, inviting her along. It might have looked odd, the small woman just toting Striker around like a toy...

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"It doesn't matter that I'm a councilor. It matters that he broke the Precept of Protectorate," Avis contradicted, remembering to take slow breaths and focus on the mantle hanging on her. There was a brief crackle as her hands spasmed into fists and then relaxed again.

"And we were talking about a lot of stuff. Violence, the Arrow, evil, the primal world. Meat Puppets. He couldn't handle the Truth, I guess. Its like," she paused, a thought seeming to spring into her mind, one that was like rabid fuel. "Its like how a fucking Banisher would react! I mean, I don't think he's actually a Banisher, but he's acting just like one! Like, he doesn't like how the world is, so he attacks whoever makes him really look at it."

8. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp nodded at her correction. "Right." Of course. She had some studies to do in the near future on the new Lex, something fierce. Maybe the Mind mage could help her out, make it stick in her brain or something to speed it up.

Something for later. She opened up one of the cells and placed Striker on the bed gently. Avis wasn't exactly giving her a ton of details, but she'd do with it what she could once Striker was up.

"And that's fucked. Straight up fucked. I'm glad you're okay." She rubbed the side of her face with a palm. "All right. He's not gonna be up for a while. I'm gonna call the other Sentinels in." Optics mattered. Councilor calls her Sentinel roommate; someone's up on serious charges? That didn't look good, even if it was totally legitimate. "Do you need anything before I do?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"He's fucking crazy. Like, before we started arguing we'd just -- shared stuff. Spoken about personal things, and then, next thing I know he's fucking reenacting the shit, trying to make me a victim. Like, what the fuck, Asp? Who the fuck does that?" Avis demanded, turning frenzied eyes on her cabalmate. It was clear she wasn't expecting an answer, but it was also clear that she wanted one. Craved one, but the Warlock turned away, stalking a few paces before turning back.

"And I don't need anything. I'm fine. He didn't even really touch me, not that he didn't try. So, yeah, go ahead. I thought about calling all of you, but I figured you might as well be the one to put the call out once you showed up. Doesn't take three people to carry a body."

A
    Asp

"Someone who's got some rage issues and needs to get his head screwed on properly," Asp said quietly, looking down at the one-armed bandit who really, truly may have fucked himself big, this time. This wasn't some little 'jaykay, just tryna fuck' situation of trying to impress a chick. "Hold tight, bud. I'll call Animus and Jonokuchi up. It'd be good to get 'em here so nobody thinks there's any cabal shenanigans going on."

Justice had to be both fair and seen to be fair. Asp stepped out of the basement to send a message to Animus and Jonokuchi before coming back down.

"All right. They should be on their way quick."

Jonokuchi

PRE

Maybe it was fate or simply good timing but Jonokuchi was on his way to the Circle when he received the text message. He frowned slightly as he read it, sitting in the rear of the taxi cab, wondering just what needed such urgent attention. He wondered briefly it had anything to do with Leo and for a moment, the Warlock's heart began to beat a bit faster.

As the cab pulled up near to the Circle, Jonokuchi paid and then exited the vehicle, leaning once again on his staff as he walked in a cumbersome manner into the grand building. He was attempting to move in a fast manner but it was hard for the huge sumo, intrigued by the manner of the message.

"Asp-kun?" he called out, closing the door behind him, staff tapping on the flagstones with every step. Wearing a simple kimono, he paused as he waited for any sign of his fellow Sentinel.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.