Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Not Everything As It Seemings

A
    AwakeOrangutang

QuoteQuote:
    Finding herself unable to embrace or converse with the preoccupied Beast...

It wouldst seem a most common seeming would it not?
    As a long bushy tail swept into view she began to wonder whether the freehold wasn't composed almost entirely of Beasts.
    I find these quotes amusing because, despite Catherine's musings, Beasts are no more common than Elementals and Darklings. In fact, it's the Fairest, her own Seeming that are predominant. Of the PCs, 7 are Beasts, 7 are Elemental, 7 are Darkling, and a whopping 9 are Fairest. Of course this isn't taking in Dual Kiths, but I feel Catherine might be being hasty in her judgement. Although, to be fair, the Beasts are rather conspicuous. Somewhat unintentionally, it seems a lot of important people play Beasts and are quite active. It also helps that Beasts are quite easy to distinguish while I've seen a Darkling and a Fairest with nearly the exact same Miens. You see a Beast, you recognize them, but the others can look a little more ambiguous at times.

If anything, the Sacramento freehold can be distinguished by a noticeable lack of Ogres and Wizened. There's a mere 3 PC Ogres and a paltry 2 Wizened, one of which hasn't been seen since the Fallen Fair. A big reason I wanted my backup to be an Ogre when a Fairest would do just as well is that there's a massive discrepancy between the two.

Just saying its funny who exactly is saying this, considering how the deck is stacked.

C
    Cross

...why is this in S&W? Sounds to me like you're calling a new player's posting out to criticize them, which isn't okay.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Because I wasn't trying to call someone out. I thought it was more along the lines of the 'pot calling the kettle black' thread that came up here. Also why I was careful to use Catherine Brume, her character, and not Eris, the player. For all I know, Catherine really has met mostly the Beasts. After all, where I got those quotes from was when she walked into a conversation of 5 Beasts and then walked to another thread with the sole member there so far being another Beast, not to mention that her flatmate is also a Beast. Seemed like she was acting in-character to me. I just found it funny because there really are more Fairest than Beasts.

Sorry if I came off a bit accusatory.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.