Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Most Dangerous Game (4LG,2LB)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Continued from Welcome to the Jungle

Veterinary Clinic Map

OOC: Map indicates what you know about the building you're in. Rooms that are empty on the map are not necessarily empty--you just don't know what's inside them.

Rina, Richard, Blake, and Samson

Samson perks up at the mention of Noah's name. To Blake: "You want Samson fight, Samson fight. You want Samson stay, Samson stay. Cage button same as fridge button." He points at the dial pad outside his cage.

As Rina steps from the room (C), she gets a glimpse of the lobby before her, the restroom (B) on her immediate left, and--based on how the desk-island is configured--it seems safe to say the front door is across from it, on the left past the bathroom. Her movement, as far as she can tell, goes undetected. (She has her knife back.)

Gruff Tenor's voice seems to be coming from beyond the back door in the room (A) you entered. "Oh you want me to waltz my pretty ass in there for you, put some meat in my pockets, maybe some bells around my neck? I sound like a fool to you?" You hear periodic beeps, like someone is cueing and uncueing a walkie. "I tell you what, why don't we all just wait where we are until the sun comes up--then we can sort this out." He laughs. "I know how much ya'll like the sun."

Edwin and Richard here the feet on the roof move, almost as if they'd responded to the sound of the group's voices below. The feet stop directly overhead.

Bobcat and Verne

Zoo Map

Verne (B4) explains what he'd seen, that the security cameras look like they're off--the little red lights aren't glowing, neither is the camera pivoting on its post anymore. Then he shows Bobcat the heavy-set woman from before, the security guard (C,5). She seems to be leaving in a hurry, smiling, counting a wad of cash.

Bobcat has a look around, a listen too. He hears talking, realizes its coming from the security guard's belt, her walkie to be precise. " . . . why don't we all just wait where we are until the sun comes up--then we can sort this out. I know how much ya'll like the sun." She must be tuned into the same frequency as whoever is talking. She spins the volume nob down so that it's silent as she continues toward the entrance (C,6).

"See what I mean?" Verne asks. "Something ain't right." He pulls the red-filled syringe out of his coat pocket, offers it to Bobcat if he wants it. "You want I should get that walkie, or you think we should regroup . . . or something else?" He's nursing the arm he broke from his earlier fall.

R
    Rantifusa

"Let her go. I'll take care of her later." says Bobcat when Verne asks about what to do next "Now... I don't know what's going on but someone knows we are here in the zoo, we must leave. We must go get the others and finish what we came to do, now that we have the blood sample it shouldn't take long.". He takes his gun out and makes sure it's loaded. "Be prepared, Verne, this may get messy"

Finally some action... blood will be spilled tonight.

Stealth 2 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-24 06:06:55 Bobcat rolls 6 to Stealth (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 10, 3, 8, 4, 2, 1 2 successes

And we start moving toward the Veterenary Clinic.

Rina was absolutely right, they were far beyond the easy solution of just killing the ape out right. He took a moment to analyze the situation that they were in. It would be very difficult to get the jump on their enemies from this position. The hunters obviously knew where they were, evidenced by the foot steps on the roof, how were they going to sneak out of here and form an attack without being seen? Richard frowns as the severity finally hit him, this was going to get ugly real quick especially if they were willing to wait for sun rise to breech the room. The clock was ticking and action needed to be taken immediately. Richard figures that at this point hiding wasn't going to get them very far.

The enemy was prepared to wait them out, which was something that they simply couldn't allow. Instead Richard tries to see how far he can get off of threats alone. Though the men were obviously brave to attempt to take on a horde of monsters, they were still mortal men. Fear existed within their hearts somewhere and he intended to find it. "Ya'll talk a lot of shit! How bout if ya'll dont back the fuck off in the next sixty seconds and I make you tell me where your families live so I can go fuck their eye sockets! You think you know what you dealing with? Yall dont know shit!"

Bark before Bite/ 5 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-24 11:44:28 Richard Black rolls 10 to Manipulation + Intimidation to scare the hunters off (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 3, 8, 4, 1, 8, 5, 7, 8, 9 5 successes

4. Likes Brownlee liked this post

With a nod, Blake punches the numbers he has seen Rina press on the other pad. 3723 and grips the door, swinging it open. Moving out of the path of the door so that Samson can get out of the cage. Once the ape is out, he closes the door as softly as he can.

He glances around the room, looking for something that could be use as a make shift weapon.

Quick look is failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-24 15:30:23 Blake Flint rolls 4 to Wits + Com (10 Again) 6, 2, 2, 4 failure

6. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Richard, Blake, and Samson: Holding Room

There's a long silence after Richard's threats. Another voice--not the Gruff Tenor's--sounds from above them, through the ceiling. "Hey, Boss, maybe we should--"

Samson's cage-door swings open with a screech. Three hundred pounds of male Sumatran Orangutan crawls through. As Samson rises to his full height, the reason for his name becomes apparent: he dwarfs both Richard and Blake. He looks up at the spot on the ceiling beneath the intimidated hench-goon. In a single motion, Samson grips the top edge of his cage and uses his powerful arms to propel him through the air. His shoulder slams into the spot beneath the voice, creating a huge dent in the metal.

The voice, which had been speaking, starts screaming, only it sounds like the scream has been launched further and further away. It ends in a dull meat thud somewhere off in the distance.

As Samson lands, the trailer shakes. The floor sinks in a crater beneath him. He smiles a big monkey grin.

As Blake casts about for a weapon, the thought occurs to him that Samson is his weapon. The hulking ape squats before him, ready for his next directive. It appears he's been won over by the idea of rescuing Noah. (Either of you may roll Wits + Occult to know that he's using Vigor, and may know other Disciplines like Celerity or Resilience.)

Rina: Hallway

After Richard's screams, Rina hears nothing, and then some mumbling from on the roof, though she can't make out the words.

From the hallway, she hears a screech behind her. A moment later she hears a loud concussion, like an artillery round, metal bending, and then another impact which shakes the floor beneath her. Somewhere overhead, she hears the fading sound of a scream getting further away. The lobby still lay before her, the front entrance just beyond it, and a half dozen sealed rooms within it. To her right, down a narrow hallway, is the back door and, beyond it, the Gruff Tenor's voice.

Rina, Richard, Blake, and Samson

Following the hench-goons flight, you hear the Gruff Tenor. "Holy Fuck." A pause. "Holy Fuck."

Bobcat and Verne: En Route to Veterinary Clinic

Verne returns the red-filled syringe to his pocket. A loud crash cuts through the air, trailed by screaming that's getting louder and louder. As the two rush back towards the Veterinary Clinic, ignoring the departing security guard, they see the strangest thing: someone flying . . . wait, they're not flying--they're falling. How? From where? Doesn't matter, he's falling straight for you; you can see the white of fear-filled eyes as he plummets toward you. (Roll Wits + Dexterity)

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina wonders for a moment about the noises coming from the other room. Apparently, one side was definitely winning over the other side. Which side it was depended entirely on one question: who had the presence of mind to bring an artillery gun to a quiet operation? As much as Rina didn't like to admit it to herself, it was probably her team. They seemed like the types to go for that much unnecessary overkill. And with that thought in mind, Rina decided it would be best to physically distance herself from them before they brought the whole building down on top of her head. And maybe she could remove an enemy while she was at it. She opted to quietly hurry down the hallway, staying low, and move to crack open the door and get a peek of what was beyond.

2 suxx to not make a noise.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-24 17:53:22 Rina Yui rolls 8 to be stealthy. (Dex + Stealth + Equipment) (10 Again) 5, 1, 7, 9, 6, 10, 4, 7, 7 2 successes
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

R
    Rantifusa

"Wait... did you hear that? It sounds like..."

fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-24 18:10:06 Bobcat rolls 4 to avoid falling hunter (10 Again) 5, 1, 3, 6 failure

Bobcat sees him too late.

OOC: Damage? Did he survive? Is he wearing something that makes me recognize him as a hunter?

It doesn't take long before Blake realizes that Samson's been a Ghoul for a fairly long time, long enough to learn out to use the powers of Vitae. "Let's head out of here." He murmurs before pausing.

Should I? I think I'd want a knife if I do that. He thinks before he does his best to move silently for the door.

Chance is a Success! 1 success to talk with Samson and 2 successes on Stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-25 00:49:03 Blake Flint rolls 6 to Dex + Stealth (10 Again) 7, 9, 7, 6, 2, 10, 7 2 successes
    2014-11-25 00:47:00 Blake Flint rolls 5 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism + 2 (10 Again) 1, 7, 7, 3, 8 1 success
    2014-11-25 00:43:27 Blake Flint rolls 1 to Wits + Occult - Untrained (1s Subtract, Chance) 10 1 success

11. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Outside Front Entrance: Bobcat and Verne

"Wait... did you hear that? It sounds like..."
    As Bobcat braces for impact and Rocket Man plummets, Verne intervenes, or makes a valiant attempt to. He'd meant to knock Bobcat out of the way, but lacked the bulk to move him without acquiring any speed. Instead, he slams into Bobcat; Bobcat doesn't budge; and Rocket Man's impact is split between the three of them.

9L/3=3 per: Bobcat 3L; Verne 3L (5L); Rocket Man 3L.

All three hit the ground. They lay prostrate a few seconds in a dizzied muddle: trying to get their bearings, trying to figure out what just happened, trying to figure out who each other were. In those few seconds:

Verne screams. "Fuck this clown shit!" He's barely conscious from all the abuse of failed stealth and heroism. As he braces to push himself off the ground, his right hand finds something--a shotgun: sawed-off, double-barrel, single-shot. He doesn't remember Bobcat having one, and it certainly isn't his. Verne's left arm is out of commission, the bone in his forearm finding it's way out, yet again.

Rocket Man tries to stand, but falls again, this time on his ass. His lips forms questions his voice can't project through the confusion. A laminated badge on his lapel glistens in the moonlight. "CDC" it says in bold blue letters, but the name is obscured by someone's blood. He retrieves something from the ground beside him, a red stick, begins to thumb the cap off--it's a road flare.

Bobcat pulls bloody shards of sharp plastic from his side, realizes in rolling over that they used to part of a walkie talkie, now crushed beneath him. His hands are empty, his gun gone. He spots it a few feet away, just behind Rocket Man, though Rocket Man doesn't seem to have seen it.

Verne Initiative: 14 - 5 = 9
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-26 16:35:27 Vernon Lepke rolls 1 die for initiative 9
      Rocket Man Initiative: 11 - 5 = 6
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-26 16:35:47 Rocket Man rolls 1 die for initiative 5

Verne struggles to his feet, using the shotgun to prop himself up.

Roll Initiative -5. Post 1st combat action after narration if it's higher than 6. It takes one turn to gain your feet, if you choose to do so. If so, you'll gain appropriate bonuses against prostrate characters and will gain full movement again. Or, you can crawl slash launch yourself at Rocket Man. You won't have full movement thereafter, and will suffer a penalty from standing characters, but will be able to attack this turn.

Inside Back Entrance: Rina, Samson, Blake, and Richard

As Rina cracks open the back door, she sees . . . nothing. And Gruff Tenor had stopped speaking. Maybe Richard's threats had worked? Or maybe he'd gone looking for his hench-goon, who'd been flung from the roof?

Gruff Tenor Stealth: 2 suxx - 2 for Rina's Perceptions suxx = 0; tie goes to defender.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-26 16:44:01 Gruff Tenor rolls 6 to 6 to Stealth (10 Again) 2, 5, 1, 10, 4, 2, 10, 6 2 successes
      Gruff Tenor Perception: 5 suxx - 2 for Rina's Stealth suxx = 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-26 16:42:46 Gruff Tenor rolls 6 to 6 to Perception (10 Again) 10, 10, 4, 5, 9, 6, 8, 9 5 successes

Either way, the coast seems clear. She thinks she smells a faint hint of something (@ 2 suxx). Maybe it's Samson, who's next in line in the hallway behind her? Or maybe it's any of the many medical supplies in the room?

Samson follows behind Rina, at the behest of Blake, who's behind him. (Blake or Richard may roll Perception -2 (Dark) to see that Samson is sniffing at the air.)

As Blake follows Samson he sees a pair of fire extinguishers inside the doorway of the back room. He doesn't remember seeing them before, but, of course, he hadn't been looking for weapons then either. Maybe Samson's fall had knocked them loose, or maybe they'd overlooked them.

Richard brings up the rear, just behind Blake. He hears a faint scream through the wall behind him. He doesn't recognize the muffled voice, but the words might be, "Fuck this clown shit!" Isn't that the direction the screaming from the roof had disappeared towards?

R
    Rantifusa

initiative 8(die)+4(stats)-5(penalty)=7
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-26 18:15:17 Bobcat rolls 1 die for initiative 8
    What the hell?

"Verne, are you all...", he interrupts what he was saying when he notices the confused man that fell from the sky. He doesn't know who that man is yet, but it can't be good news, so Bobcat tries to jump over the rocket man to pin him to the ground.

STR+Brawl
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-26 18:26:37 Bobcat rolls 8 to Grapple STR3+Brawl2+WP3 (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 3, 5, 4, 9, 6, 8, 7 2 successes

OOC: I don't know if it's an opposed roll or if I should substract defense. If it's against defense I guess I get just 1 success

If he succeeds, he says "Who are you? What the fuck is going on?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread