Ended
Watch

Catching Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

Having not been to the Quicksilver Gate yet, L’aire didn’t entirely know the way at first. She treaded carefully on her way over though. Her Mask hardened, the threat of the Draconic still hung heavy in the air. The details of it all were mottled in her mind, mostly because she didn’t know the full story.

But the last few times L’aire and Terri spoke, they’d only exchanged half bits of details. She had been wanting to catch up with the Steepscrambler since she’d been back. The Fairest was looking forward to seeing her friend. Since the Squirrel told her the place she sold her wares, L’aire went to visit near the time Terri said she was closing down shop.

The Winter Dancer slowly approached the Gate, looking for her friend. Dressed in simple jeans, shirt and a plain jacket she cautiously approached the area. The violet eyed blonde had an excited smile on her face, she’d been looking forward to this for a while.

-1 Glamour - Hardened Mask

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

It seemed that the market was closing and as L'aire approached, Terri stepped out of the main entrance wearing a bright green dress and little black boots, her outfit was in direct contrast to her hair, which was the point really. Fashion was supposed to stand out, to be recognised. Terri was eager to sell the ideals of her passion whenever she could.

"See you tomorrow" Terri chirped back inside Quicksilver Gate as she left, carrying a small portfolio in one hand and black purse over her shoulder. As she turned and saw L'aire, the Legate couldn't help but grin and hurry over to offer the Dancer a warm hug.

"Sasha! You found it okay?" she asked as they broke from the embrace, still grinning. Her mien was obvious; bushy tail and ear-tufts along with those black feathers running throughout the hair, which she tucked back.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Sasha

If it weren’t for Terri’s shoes, L’aire would have mistaken her for something else. To see her redheaded friend made her smile wider than normal. And then, the embrace of an old friend. “Heya!” Not releasing until the Steepscrambler did.

“Oh, yes, eventually I figured it out. I hadn’t been out here before.” The Fairest let the familiar smell of Terri linger in her nose for a moment. Nothing felt more home like than this woman. As strange as it was to think, it was true.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were ready for some Irish Step Dancing.” Touching the flare of her skirt. “It’d just need the trim, you’d be set.” The imagery going through her head may have been fun for her, although she wasn’t entirely sure Terri would like it.

L’aire had no idea what places were safe to talk yet other than Edna’s and the Blue Note. “So, where are we headed from here?” However, the Onyx was prepared to have normal conversation too; or as normal as it could be.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri laughed, the idea of her Irish dancing quite an interesting idea. She never even considered it when she put the dress on that morning but perhaps she could add some trim to it, turn it into something more...

Her mind wandering once again onto raiment and recipes, Terri refocused on L'aire. "My place? It's just a short cab trip away." As if by magic (or pre-booking in advanced), a cab pulled up and Terri got in, pausing to make sure she didn't squash the portfolio. "McKinley Park, please," she said once they were both in.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

S
    Sasha

“Oh! I don’t think I’ve ever actually been to your house before.” At least, that’s what she thought Terri was implying. The warm sensation of their friendship scattered through her. For the Steepscrambler to trust her like that was a friendship she never wanted to break. That is, if they were actually going to her Hollow. If not, still, it was notable regardless.

The Dancer’s eyes were delighted. “You live near the park? That must have a beautiful view?” She wondered if the Squirrel had lived there for long enough to ever see her dancing around the park on days she needed some space.

“I still adore the scarf you made. Its uncanny how it goes with almost everything I own.” Maybe it was some little thread entwined through it, but L’aire didn’t think it was actually Hedgespun. But, Terri was that talented she could make pieces like that.

Description

PRE

"It certainly has a view," Terri laughed with a knowing tone as the cab pulled away. Sasha would see it soon enough. "That's why I set up Treetop Fashions next to the park; I simply cherish the view of McKinley. The rose garden especially. It was where Rick and I got married."

That last bit had kinda slipped out. Still, things had happened since then. Times change.

"Thanks! I went through a bit of a mad month of designing nothing but scarves," Terri chuckled. "I met a friend and got some inspiration. Since then, I haven't stopped sketching." The thought of Martha ran through Terri's mind, along with the fact she hadn't heard from her friend in some time.

"How are you getting on, Sasha? Did you ever get that's guy's number from Halloween?" Terri teased, grinning.

S
    Sasha

L’aire hadn’t been to a penthouse style apartment in years, the last was a hotel room party in Vegas. The Fairest was about to comment on the beauty of the park when she was stunned by the comment of their wedding. “Oh… so bittersweet views?” Her shoulders curled up to her neck, not sure if she should have said that.

I thought they were just roommates… or…

“Maybe it’s my penchant for things black and white.” Giggling a little, but, she was sure Terri knew what she was getting at. “I’m glad you found sketching inspiration. Once that door opens, the tidal wave washes through, doesn’t it?” Smiling to the Truefriend.

L’aire paused after Terri’s question. She wasn’t quite sure how to answer. “Uh, good. I guess.” The Fairest looked away as she said it, her eyes seeking out the cab that wasn’t there yet. Maybe she wouldn’t notice that she wasn’t being exactly honest. “How about you?” Turning her head back toward the Squirrel. “How has business been out here?”

ooc

Description

PRE

"Always but I try not to let it get me down," Terri said honestly. "I mean, do I regret the marriage? Definitely not! It was just a shame the way it broke down."

Out of nowhere. Rick leaving for a reason all of his own and their pledge breaking. Terri still needed to find out about that. Or had he told her and she'd forgotten?

The Beast pinched her nose, not noticing that Sasha hadn't answered the question. "Business? Guys?" Terri pulled a face. "I haven't been looking. Got enough on my plate at the moment, truth be told."

As in the only guy she was thinking about was Fairweather and mounting his tongue onto a board....

The cab wove it's way through the Freehold, the driver ignorant of the land he worked within, Terri watched as McKinley Park approached, passing by the restaurant claimed by the Spring Court. The Beast eyed it cautiously, still not bringing herself to go in. When they stopped by the entrance to the park itself, Terri paid and then hopped out, the smile returned once she was in sight of it.

"It's only a short walk from here, through the park itself."

S
    Sasha

Terri had been through a lot. There were probably more things she wasn’t aware of since her return. Part of why L’aire wanted to talk, to find out what happened on the fateful night.

“Well, the studio has been busy again this season. More fundraisers for scholarships have been giving some talented kids funding for dance.” Smiling since she truly enjoyed the children that came to the studio to learn. L’aire hopefully dodged the guy question for the time being.

As they took the cab, L’aire paid attention to the route taken. She never knew if one day she’d have to find it on her own. She got out when the Steepscrambler did and nodded to the red head. “Well, the day is nice for that, luckily.”

“Did you ever find out why it went the way it did?” Again, the Dancer was cautious to ask. The Onyx wasn’t entirely sure how open Terri wanted to be about the situation, more so, if she was willing to be open with her about it.

Description

PRE

Terri led L'aire through the entrance to McKinley, glad to see it wasn't as busy as usual now that the night's were drawing in. Fear of the dark seemed to keep people away from lone places and it was something that Terri found amusing. Only once had she been accosted in this particular park and Terri had managed to flee, given her would-be mugger quite the run around until he had collapsed from exertion. That had been quite amusing.

"No, I mean, I don't think so," Terri replied, glancing towards a certain tree. It always made her smirk. "I think I was so shocked to find Rick actually alive I never thought to ask him. Just one of those things."

She was just glad, deep down, that he was alive. Not eaten by a dragon.

Off the pathway, behind the rose garden itself, was an old shed, surrounded by overgrown grass and weeds. There were no windows and the door had a heavy-looking, rusty bolt securing it. "Here we are," Terri said before stopping and removing some folded paper from her purse. Carefully unwrapping it, she showed L'aire what was inside. It looked like thinly-sliced ham.

"Working in a market has it's bonuses," Terri chuckled before crouching a pushing a slice of the cured meat through the small gap between the bottom of the door and the ground. It seemed to rush in, like it was being snatched and Terri frowned disapprovingly, shaking her head as she stood. "It's worse than an untrained dog," she sighed. However, the bolt suddenly slid open, allowing Terri to pull open the door. She stepped through.

Inside the much bigger Hollow than the illusion from the outside, it would appear that Terri had led L'aire into a cosy, warm treehouse. One large space that held a kitchen-dining area and a round 'nest' that held a couple of couches to sit with a small table for drinks and, it would seem, fashion magazines. A large window that led to a balcony overlooked the Hedge itself and it was clear to see where both Rick and Terri's presence had altered it's nature; bronze leaves, feathers and a strong breeze was clearly visible outside. From the doorway to the treehouse, there were a couple of extra doors leading to other rooms.

"Rick must be out," Terri commented more to herself, closing the door once L'aire had entered, smiling serenely, obviously glad to be home. "Can I get you a drink?" she asked, kicking off her heels next to where she placed her portfolio and skipping to the kitchen.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.