Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
32
POSTS

(Fresh Blood) Blood on the Road

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
  1. #1
    Yumyumcrow's Avatar
    Campanella
    Campanella

    Campanella
    Ingrid
    Yumyumcrow Scenes

    2
    PRE

    Lonely road at night. Roseville Road, to be exact. Out on the edges of Citrus Heights. On one side, waste ground; on the other, the rail yards with silent ranks of rolling stock and deep shadows. Drizzle tugging at the wintry air. This neglected stretch of tarmac is an ideal spot to meet shady contacts; the rail yards make poor hunting but if a desperate Kindred is successful, they can gorge to their fill in quiet and the Kine will be none the wiser.

    On this night, though, the peace and tranquility of the shadows is disturbed. A van hurtles through the night, limping on tyres that are barely holding together. If you are quick, you'll see it slide past - veering left and right it skids along the road. If you are quicker still, you'll see how mangled the windscreen is: punctured with holds and laced with cracks.

    With a whine of metal and a pop of rubber, the vehicle lurches off the road. Tyres burst; metal clicks and groans; dirt and gravel roar in plumes as the skidding van flips and ploughs to a halt. Dust in the air, smoking in the wake of the destruction.

    Silence falls like a heavy blanket.

    @Rantifusa Orianna Pmcv you are up. Welcome to the story Please narrate your entrance.

  2. Likes Orianna, Brownlee liked this post
  3. #2
    R
    Rantifusa

    That motherfucking crook wanted to charge 500 dollars for that piece of garbage. He should pay ME for taking it...
    Bobcat rode to Roseville tonight to buy a stolen replacement for a piece of his bike's engine, but the price wasn't what he expected. He is coming back to his haven in Citrus Heights empty handed, trying to figure out if he is going to steal the piece he needs, or if he is gonna try to buy one in some other place, maybe legally. He certainly has the resources to pay those 500 dollars and more, but he needs that money for the businesses he is planning to open.

    The biker heard there was an accident on the highway so he is avoiding that route since it would be filled with cops, and if one of them asked for his ID he would have needed to do some nasty stuff. So, instead of coming back using the highway, he is using Roseville Road, there shouldn't be any cops in there. But then, he sees something ahead, an upside down van at the side of the road.

    Fuck me! another accident? Noticing the dust in the air, Bobcat assumes it is recent and stops his bike. No one else is around, the only witnesses so far are him and those inside the van... if they are still alive. I don't think cops are aware of this yet, he gets off his bike at the same time he shuts it off. The biker looks at the van from about 20 feet away, still next to his bike, and then he starts walking slowly. What kind of surprise will I find in there? he thinks while he gets closer and closer to the van. When he is next to it, he looks inside.

  4. #3
    Orianna's Avatar
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora Scenes
     
      Improvised Spell, Transform Self, Greater Shapechanging, -1 Mana spell -1 WP
     
     
     
     

    2
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    4
    PRE

    She had decided to rent a car, it was just inconvenient to try and take a cab everywhere. And she hated relying on Kine for things, first step towards being on her own. Next step, find a more secure Haven, place to hunt and then buy a car. Yup, that would work.

    And so she found herself driving around, no real destination in mind, just getting a feel for the area when she noticed the dust in the air and what appeared to be a wreck. She quickly pulls off the side of the road, secures her guns under her leather coat, and hops out of the car.

    As she gets closer to the wreck, she sees someone else was already there, and then stops in her tracks. Her Beast reeling and recoiling in fear of whoever was there. Swallowing her fear, she makes her feet move once again, getting closer.

    “Hey!” says the Italian Savage, “Everyone ok here?”

  5. #4
    P
    Pmcv

    Citrus Heights. He hadn't gotten a chance to explore this part of town yet, but having your Priscus mention the Regent is allowing open season for members of your clan. Well can't hurt to give it a look can it?

    So here he was, walking though the rail yard. He hadn't seen much of interest yet, a guy selling counterfeit watches was the highlight of the night so far. A little bored and lost in thought the Shadow was walking along the railroad tracks when he heard it. That sounded like an accident, and close. Jogging up to the road he spots smoke off the side of the road.

    The Shadow approaches cautiously, noticing that a few others seemed to have stopped by as well, judging by the car and the motorcycle along side the road. As his eyes focus on the lone figure of a women checking out the crash he can hear the whispers of his Beast, followed by the all too familiar compulsion to tear her to shreds. Taking a moment to calm himself Samuel lets the Man's curiosity override the rage of the Beast as he yells out, "Hey need some help there?"

    Equipment & Clothing

  6. #5
    Yumyumcrow's Avatar
    Campanella
    Campanella

    Campanella
    Ingrid
    Yumyumcrow Scenes

    2
    PRE

    The shell of the van is crumpled like paper, paint scoured away by the crash. The engine is still turning but its a sickly whine now: wheels malformed by buckled tyres spin on empty air. It was a deceptively plain little van, closer to a utility vehicle with a metal hood over its tray. Regular plates; not custom. Blessedly, no aroma of spilled fuel.

    There are two busted forms in the cab. Shirts stained darkly in the poor light. One whimpers quietly; the other is silent. The air bags didn't activate from the cracked dashboard.

    The tray is largely empty: there are only battered boxes, similar to those used in transporting medical products. One of them had sprung free during the crash and lay a few feet from the site, all bust and fractured but somehow holding together.

  7. #6
    R
    Rantifusa

    Shit... thinks the Gangrel when he sees the accidental victims. When he was about to try to open the door, a new car arrived. At first he stays hidden behind the van, watching from there, but then he recognizes the driver, so he comes out. "Hey... I know you, Alessandra was it?. Not everyone is ok aparently... come here, help me get them out". She was that italian girl he met during the Gangrel hunt, the beast does not tolerate other predators around so it started to burn him from inside, begging Bobcat to kill his cousin and feed from her blood, but that wasn't gonna happen tonight. Then a new guy came over. Kine... not now..., he looks at Alessandra and says in lower voice "Be careful about what you say, a mortal is coming, and you should probably add some color to your cheeks" he says at the same time his blood starts to move inside him to reactivate some of his long lost mortal features. Bobcat considers this a great waste of precious vitae, most of the time he doesn't care if he looks pale when interacting with mortals, but TWO really pale people in the same place could be a bit suspicious.

    -1 vitae for Blush of Life


    "Hey! Yeah, we may need some help here, there are 2 people inside the van, but the doors are stuck." he answers, ignoring the true nature of the man. "Come on, let's try to open the doors".

      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-16 19:36:27 Bobcat rolls 4 to opening the van door. STR 3 + Ath 1 (10 Again) 1, 9, 1, 9 2 successes

    Bobcat grabs the door and pulls until it moves and finally opens.

    OOC: the door he grabs is the one on the side of the driver, I don't know if the silent guy is there or on the other side


    Carefully (and posibly with some help from the other vampires) he undoes the driver's seat belt and takes out the first body.

    equipment

  8. #7
    P
    Pmcv

    As Samuel draws closer to the wreck he sees what he can only assume must be the owner of the motorcycle. At least he looked the part. As soon as he laid eyes on him another wave of primordial feelings hits him right in the gut, this time was different. This was a big hit of fear, almost instinctively Samuel feels his beast try to draw his cloak of night around himself, but he grits his teeth, forcing the Man to the fore.

    Satisfied he wasn't going to cut anyone's throat or cower in a corner the Shadow quickly tried to assess the situation. Damn, this is one hell of an accident, how fast were these fuckers going? Normally Samuel might have gotten a quick meal or just called the cops, but with three Kindred on the scene, that didn't seem like the best course of action.


    Urging himself forward his arrives next to the biker and helps him grab the men out of the van. "Here let me help you with that." Trying not to focus on the smell of the blood Samuel helps move the driver. "Any of you know any first aid or anything? All I know is they always say on TV shows it's bad to move people too much." All the while he couldn't help but wonder what these two were doing to end up in this bad of a wreck.

  9. #8
    Orianna's Avatar
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora Scenes
     
      Improvised Spell, Transform Self, Greater Shapechanging, -1 Mana spell -1 WP
     
     
     
     

    2
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    4
    PRE

    Her eyes quickly recognize the other Kindred, and she nods, “Yeah.” She replies and moves closer to the door to help.

    At the mention of more Kine, she forces the blood into her body, her dead lungs filling and expanding with life, her skin growing warm and flush.

    “Here, let me help.” She will grab the other side of the door.

    As she reaches for the door, she feels he Beast stir again, but not in fear this time. It stirred in anger, another Beast dared tried to be its equal, it didn’t want to allow this. It pulled and yanked at its chain. Gritting her teeth she focused her energy on the task at hand.

    Feeling the door give way, “Don’t know any first aid or anything, not really my thing.” She replies to the new comer. "While tv might say not to move them, we don't know if the car is at risk for blowing up. Seems like a better trade off to get them out."

    -1 Vitae for Blush of Life

      
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 10:20:57 Alessandra rolls 5 to Get that door off (Strg+Ath) (10 Again) 10, 5, 6, 10, 5, 6, 8 3 successes

    Ale's Equipment

  10. #9
    R
    Rantifusa

    OOC


    When the stranger gets close to Bobcat to help him move the driver, his beast starts burning again. At first he doesn't know why, so the biker looks at Alessandra, no, it's not her, the beast already knows her... but it can't be this mortal... what is it? am I too hungry? No, that's not it... and then he realizes what's going on. Bobcat looks at the stranger, looking for signs of him being actually undead, those signs are very subtle, specially in the dark, but he doesn't seem to be breathing, not even after moving a heavy body in an unconfortable position. Also, when the beast asks for vampire blood, it's because there is vampire blood where the beast is looking at now. With a very serious and inquisitive expression in his face Bobcat says to the stranger: "Hey... are you... you know what... don't make me say it", ignoring completely the question about if they should move the victims or not. Three vampires in the same place at the same time? Sacramento is a Big City... is this a popular hunting ground or something? it looks pretty empty to me, except for those two almost dead bloodbags in here.

    Whatever Samuel's answer is, Bobcat says to the two vampires "Alright, let's chat later. Come on now, let's take the other one out"

       1 success to open the other door
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 19:28:44 Bobcat rolls 4 to opening the van door. STR 3 + Ath 1 (10 Again) 4, 5, 1, 8 1 success

    This door seems to be more stuck than the first one, but after some effort he finally opens it, and gets the second body from inside, placing it in the ground next to the van.

    What are we gonna do with the victims... I wouldn't mind eating the one that looks already dead, his/her blood is still fresh. But this one is alive. If we call an ambulance they are gonna ask too many questions... What happened to them anyway?

    , Yumyumcrow tell me if I can roll wits+crafts or something else to see if there is something wrong with the van to cause such an accident. Broken brakes or something in the engine. Bobcat wouldn't take too long doing it, just a superficial investigation.

  11. #10
    Yumyumcrow's Avatar
    Campanella
    Campanella

    Campanella
    Ingrid
    Yumyumcrow Scenes

    2
    PRE

    With effort, the doors of the cab are hauled open and the twin limp forms drawn out. The driver is deceased; he will bruise from the drubbing he received in the crash due to the lack of seat belt, but the chest wounds are what did him. His shirt is a heavy slick canvas of blood. The passenger has suffered also - more from the stomach wound than the crash; he is barely conscious and mumbling riddles. The pair are dressed in a cheap uniform of work boots, blue slacks, shirts; tacky security tags are stuck fast to their slick shirts.

    The sight of the savaged pair, and the scent of blood that rolls off of them, and seeps from the upturned vehicle, starts to dig into the Kindred's psyche.

    @Rantifusa Bobcat may indeed check over the damaged vehicle by making a [Wits + Crafts] roll.

    First though, there are three hungry Vampires who need to control themselves - [Resolve + Composure] please. 2 successes are needed to shake off the urge to stop and feast. Remember, Willpower may be used to boost your rolls

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread
     

Similar Threads

  1. New Blood
    Yumyumcrow
    Statler and Waldorf
    • 1
    • POSTS
    • Apr 20th, 2017
    • 9
    • POSTS
    • Mar 12th, 2015
    • 10
    • POSTS
    • Feb 20th, 2015
    • 41
    • POSTS
    • Feb 2nd, 2015
  2. Yay BLOOD!!!
    Princess
    Statler and Waldorf
    • 3
    • POSTS
    • Mar 23rd, 2014