Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1411) Thyrsus Meet

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    T

[RI]https://static.panoramio.com.storage.googleapis.com/photos/1920x1280/1312745.jpg[/RI]
    Granite Park a recent development in Sacramento that turned into a popular spot for fishermen, dog lovers and skateboarders alike.

Striker was impressed by the park when he first saw it. It was large and open, but with plenty of variation to keep it interesting. He would have like some more areas left in their natural state, but that's what going out of town was for.

He stood on the fence just watching the dogs in the fenced area play with their owners for a while. The people were friendly and he struck up a couple of good conversations before moving on.

He wheeled his bike to the lake side thinking about what had brought him here. Obviously he needed to know more about the Lex, and Idun was the one who would be filling them in on it. At least that's what they'd been told at the Consilium. Plus it seemed like half the shamans from the last meeting had just disappeared. Some for the better. Auto. And some for the worse. Kiko.

He didn't know if it would just be Animus and Idun showing up, or even if they'd show up. Animus seemed reluctant to be involved, Striker didn't know why or to what extent. Maybe it was just the leadership side, he seemed to be keen to keep them together during the tiff at the BBQ. Idun was keen, volunteering to be councillor. But she seemed quiet and Striker hoped she would stand up for the Path. Not that he knew what they needed standing up for exactly. Were there other Thyrsus he didn't know about? Possibly. If so he hoped they'd show up.

The one-armed Australian stood by the lake waiting, wondering what would come of the get together.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A growl of annoyance. Annoyance and fear. Weren't there other locales that could have done just as well? Why Granite? Why this tomb of memories?

Just entering is an act of will, a clash against the recollection of all that had befallen here. But a meeting had been called. He would not turn aside from it.

Forcing himself to ignore one particular building which pokes its way through the skyline, Animus trudges toward the lakeshore, giving a distracted nod by way of greeting.

Were those the whispers of the fallen he heard, or simply the rustle of wind through the trees? Somehow, he felt that the two should be easier to tell apart.

T

Striker acknowledged Animuses nod with a small wave. He was glad the other Arrow had shown up, despite the uncomfortable feeling he got around him. Even now the other mage seemed tense and distracted. Striker studied him for a second before looking around again. Hoping that Idun at least would show up. He made a mental note to get phone numbers today so he wouldn't have to rely on random posters again.

C
    C_Lloyd

3 suxx supernal vision, 2 suxx Organic Reslience
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-13 02:11:03 Sylvan rolls 8 to Organic Resilience [Gnosis + Life + HS] (10 Again) 7, 9, 5, 8, 3, 1, 5, 5 2 successes
    2014-11-13 02:10:35 Sylvan rolls 10 to Supernal Vision [Wits + Occult + Prime + Rote Specialty + HS] (10 Again) 1, 4, 9, 6, 1, 2, 7, 9, 6, 9 3 successes

Wearing his sports outfit, Sylvan made his way to the Lakeside with his mind on a mission. Tyria's unique challenge was fresh on his mind, and though he only asked for what he did out of necessity, he had no intention of doing anything other than rising to that challenge. Upon arrival, he could see only two mages... one guy with a single arm who he saw at the gathering, and another who he'd not seen before.

So Idun's not here yet... good for me?

Sylvan smiled and waved as he made his way down to the other two Shaman on the Lakeside. He regarded Animus with a bit of curiosity, as his feral demeanor was intriguing. Being awakened fundamentally changes the way one looks at the world, and he was curious as to what that particular Shaman saw that changed him in that fashion.

"Hi guys, " he said as he approached the others. "I'm Sylvan, nice to meet you."

T

Striker saw another man approaching and after a few seconds realised he was one of the new faces at the consillium that he'd ignored. He offered a terse smile and stuck out his hand to shake as he greeted him.

"G'day mate. Striker. D'you see the poster then?" He asked, assuming he was here because they were on the same Path, but not knowing for sure.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Yes, I did. Thanks for putting them up, I didn't manage to actually catch the other members of the path at the gathering. What should I call you?"

Sylvan smiled as he asked the question, sincerely happy to meet another member of his path. He returned Striker's handshake and only then noticed that the other Thyrsus was missing an arm. Even so, Sylvan's handshake was firm and professional.

Interesting....

T

"Striker." Striker repeated, returning the firm handshake.

"Call me Striker. Didn't catch your name mate." he prompted before continuing "Yeah I dunno if Idun had anything planned, but I don't know how to reach her anyway. Hey Animus , you got Idun's number?" he asked the elder shaman.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Striker, right, " replied Sylvan with a playful smile. "And I go by Sylvan."

Well, you reached me, and I don't even know you... she should be here.

"It's no big deal... I think it's kind of better that she's not here... but I'll get to that later."

Sylvan turned to Animus and approached, offering a hand to shake. "Nice to meet you... Animus, then? Sylvan, of the Alae Draconis."

T

Striker let his question to Animus stand as Sylvan said something that caught his attention.

"What'd'ya mean better she's not here ay?" he demanded of him "She's the councillor. She needs to be here." Dammit. If she isn't going to show up and organise us why'd she step up as councillor?

Bump Animus ( roadnottaken )

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shakes his head. He and the Medstars had never been close.

Sylvan's handshake is returned, almost mechanically. Thoughts still caught in the past, the blight that had consumed these grounds. A weak simulacrum of a smile. "I'm sorry. You haven't caught me at one of my better moments. The impression of death never really left this place."

With an effort, the Talon draws himself back to the present. "Perhaps it's better to get to that matter sooner? I'm no Acanthus, but my experience is that things unsaid rarely improve with time."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread