Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Facing Loss

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Terri remained very still as Daniel spoke, sizing up the Darkling with ever passing word, each one making her blood run a little cooler. A feeling stirred around her, that moment of dread when a person feels they are unprepared, when the world pulls away the rug, when the winter comes and there is not enough food.

This is what the Harvest represents and why Terri's friendly nature should not always be relied upon.

"Daniel, every night when I close my eyes, I see Spartan and Mr. Bates and all my friends who I have lost over the years, and you are quite right, I don't want to talk or think about it but I have to," the Beast began, pushing herself from the tree as gracefully as a snake would when sensing it's prey, "only not to you."

A pause as blue eyes bore into Daniel. Her face softens as her powerful Mantle fades in the heat of the bonfire's warmth. "Any rumour of my death were greatly exaggerated. I'm not some special snowflake that can avoid death's grip nor would I want to be. Life is something to be thrived, every single day a challenge on so many levels. You may wish to focus on the sadness but I will not because that means I have given in to my fear and Daniel, that is something that will never happen."

"Now, what I think is a great idea is that we put this little misunderstanding behind us," Terri said, smiling once more as she moved a step closer to the Darkling, her eyes looking past him to where Betony was sitting. She refocused on Daniel and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know you wish to help the Freehold, which is absolutely brilliant but I'd suggest you don't ask me about this again. Enjoy your evening, Daniel."

With that, Terri moves gracefully away from the Winter Courtier and over towards Betony Rue.

Terri exits conversation
    Gotta say, I loved Terri's response to Daniel's inquiries. Very well written and showed a lot of Terri's character.

2. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    S
    Selena

It was an excellent post. Great job Forn Clakes .

Thanks 😊

+ Reply to Thread