Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(WotS) Plan A - Play by ear

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-19 15:43:55 Bishop rolls 8 to cast Grim Sight 24h (Death 3 + Wits 3 + Occ 1 + HS 2 + Tool1 -2 duration) (10 Again) 7, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 9, 9 2 successes

It had taken some time to find a suitable apartment in the vicinity of the abandoned drug den. Mostly, because people in this area of the city were not exactly forthcoming about availability. But, with inquisitive persistence and absurdly high stacks of money, Bishop was able to find something, which was good enough...for this kind of action.

<Murphies law: Tracers work both ways.> he thought idly, while he lay on the floor below a small, metal table connecting cables from a telephone plug to a small, portable computer unit that could be routed into a standard telephone port. He finished setting the electronic equipment up and took a look around.

The apartment was damp, had no furnishings and calling the heap of junk in the adjacent room a "kitchen" was lifting the room up at least four levels above what it really was. So far Bishop had successfully avoided entering the bathroom. The door-bell worked and of the three light-bulbs in the apartment, one was broken, one was almost dead and...surprise, surprise, one was missing. Not that he needed any light. This was supposed to be a clandestine undertaking. The window in the room with the computer and telephone had been blocked by a cardboard box flattened out by whoever had resided here before.

Bishop took a look around and slowly closed his eyes.
    <I am Adrian Pope. I lived here for fourteen years. I have been a clerk for a small, bankrupt insurance company. Now I live on welfare. I stay away from drugs. I drink heavily. A neighbour dropped a bag of pills at my place, desperate to hide them. Police took him and I saw it. I want to get rid of the pills. I need money for booze.> he thought, almost like a mantra. The familiar feeling of the masque slipping into place came and for a moment everything felt dull, while his supernal senses tried to cope with the interference.

He openend his eyes again.

Active Masque: Golden Hand. Apartment and computer equipment were obtained by ressource expenditure for this month.

RockBane @Idun West Star Jhet @Nous Bigpaw @Miach Casitive
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Miach

PRE

Cast at home;Cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-19 16:49:44 Miach rolls 9 to Wits 3 + Occult 3 + Rote Specialty 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - 24h durarion 2 for Supernal Vision (10 Again) 1, 7, 10, 5, 2, 1, 4, 8, 1, 5 2 successes
    2014-10-19 16:49:20 Miach rolls 9 to Resolve 3 + Athletics 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - 24h duration 2 to Organic Resilience (10 Again) 5, 7, 4, 3, 6, 10, 1, 10, 2, 6, 10, 4 3 successes

Of course, Miach had seen more than his fair share of misery while in Africa, but that was there, and this was here. Looking around him at the place Bishop had managed to get them for this endeavour, the Acanthus felt his mood sour. Noone deserved to live in such a cramped place. Well, nearly noone, at least. And yet there were so many who actually did it. Each day, each night, this place, this neighbourhood, it was their universe. The fact that it was a Lie didn't make him feel any less miserable. It only made him feel powerless to help them en masse.

Shaking his head, the tall doctor looked at the contraption prepared by the Guardian. Between their goal, the place, that thing, and the man's weird behaviour, Miach felt definitly ill at ease. Hopefully, it would soon be over. Yeah, right...

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Fat. Stacks.

Or... not so much. Still? Santa delivered. Honestly? He'd staying in worse. There was a train trestle in Montana that could attest. Big Sky, yo. You'll never see stars like that again.

Oh, my.

The thought of the pinpricks of light and beat of the song carried him into the room, un-shouldering his pack.

"Dance all night, to this dee-jay..."

Shhh. Quiet, yo. People at work. Just because he wasn't, didn't mean anything. It was all good. He'd brought a book. And his cards. Whoah. He was still bouncing. Because catchy.

"Nice digs."

Always compliment your host.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Idun

PRE

Casted at Home, Organic Resilience potency 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-20 00:45:37 Idun rolls 7 to Life + Gnosis + HS (10 Again) 5, 9, 9, 7, 2, 7, 5 2 successes

Idun arrives wearing a black sweater and jeans. She's wearing the same bat jewelry from the last time they met. What she is carrying on herself is namely her purse that contains the most notable items that is her cell phone, her wallet, and her gun.

Once she's within the apartment, Idun nods a greeting to those already present. "It's good to see you guys again." She says to them with a warm smile.

- 1 Mana Duration extends for a Day

J

Packing for the op is always the hardest part. Today she needs to be seventeen different things. Smart, tough, sexy, rough, desperate, needy, weak, slutty, nervous, witty, shitty, and in pain. Maybe not seventeen things, and not all necessarily part of who she is on a regular basis. She brings three costume changes. Something slinky, some club wear, and something practical and all black that Zoey might be proud to wear. Maybe she doesn't need to change out of her FBI chic of slacks, blouse, and a jacket to hide the holstered sidearm. Best to be prepared.

The building itself is easy enough to find. Not in the best neighborhood, but it really shouldn't be. These sorts of things always take place in not the best sorts of neighborhoods. It never seems to happen out in the 'burbs by all the lawyers and politicians. In one hand, she holds a coffee as she performs the 'secret knock' or 'shave and a haircut, two bits' on the door as she enters. The other hand is carrying a much too large bag full of her costume changes.

"Alright, I'm here. Where are we starting, and what can I do to help."

Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Bishop

Bishop rose to his feet and leaned on a small chair.
    "Glad you all could make it. We are set to go. Basically, we can do this any way we want. I can make the call or I can do the tracer. I am not sure, I can do both at the same time and it would be kind of a risk at any rate. The only thing to bear in mind, is that in case of a successful call, the person calling is the person doing the meet." he said expectantly. He was willing to do that, but he was also quite capable of handling the hardware.

Bishop

Bishop took a look at each of the mages present and then sighed.
    "Well, thanks for the vote of confidence." he said levelly.
    He turned around and closed his eyes. He pictured a velvet chair in a dark room, full of comfort and cozyness in which every word spoken seemed true and all suspicions were allayed.
      Gain Skill Failed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-25 06:53:33 Bishop rolls 4 to cast Gain Skill Subterfuge (Mind 2 + Gnosis 2 + HS2 -2 Masque Penalty) (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 6 failure
    When he opened his eyes again and his words of High Speech had faded, he found, that nothing had changed. Instead, he found that the supernal dampening of the Masque he wore had tucked at the imago and dissipated it into the fabric of reality.
    <Looks like I will rely on my usual charming self then.> he pondered, while his left hand reached for the telephone and his right hand danced over the keyboard.

He turned his head around. "Last chance for your share of glory. Speak now or be silenced forever."

Miach

PRE

Doing the tracering stuff was right out of Miach's league so it left him only one option if he wanted to actively participate. Be the bait. Ungh... been there, done that. Not again, thank you. The Acanthus weakly shook his head in his corner of the room. (Nearly) No amount of GLO would make him risk his neck like that again.

"I'll watch out over the actual meeting instead." he said plaintively, hoping to at least assuage Bishop's legitimate worry.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uh."

He'd gotten kind of lost trying to figure out what was in Nous' bag. Had she brought a sleeping back? Was this a stake-out? Or like jury duty, where they were going to lock themselves in? Was he... under-prepared?

"Dude, give me the stuff,"
    he said, reaching out.

"Like, if none of us can do the tracer thing, then that's totally your job, right?"
    It wasn't a demand, and Bishop didn't look like a glory hound. "I mean, unless someone else has got this? Tracer or phone? I'm not, like, jumping in, just sayin'. I'm just volunteering."

He needed a Handi-Wipe. Because phone germs.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

J

"I offered my services, so all you need to do is hand me the phone if you want me to do it. Or don't want Star doing it."

She says the last part wryly, so as to make sure Star knows she's just winding him up.

"Seriously though, I think Star or I are much more likely to be the sort to be familiar with this kind of transaction. The trick is being unspecific enough, but still sound like you need and want the fix. Delicate process and dealers get spooked easy unless they're using their own shit, and then they're always spooked.

She drops the closed bag on the floor near the wall. It crumples oddly, and a little part of her hopes that she gets to use some of it. Dress up is fun, but actually playing the disguise is so much more fun.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread