Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Calling Travis, Calling Michael Travis

THREADID

PRE

The meeting was long overdue. Finally, Josephine called the number of her colleague's favorite hell-bound soul.

PRE

Michael's phone buzzes from his pocket. He pulls it out and sees an unfamiliar number on the screen. Curious. Then again, Michael has been so busy networking that he shouldn't be surprised word got around.

"Michael."

PRE

"Travis," a feminine, British voice replied over the line. "Yes, I know. This is Josephine Sterling. Father Galilei suggested that I make your acquaintance. Seeing as how the esteem he holds you in is quite beyond that of anyone else I know, I simply had to call. Would you happen to have a day which is free from previous engagements this week?"

4. Likes Brownlee liked this post

PRE

Josephine? This night just got a little more interesting for Michael. She's the one Thomas told me was another 'seeker of truth'.

"I'm glad you took him up on that suggestion, then." His tone is dry, even sterile. "I can easily make room on my schedule to meet with new colleagues. Father Galilei has told me about you. He proposed a Deaconship in which I would report to you. I am in his debt, and willing to serve, so I am amicable to the idea." A pause. Michael makes a quick mental note of his other obligations.

"Tomorrow night?"

PRE

"New colleagues? You're leaving the business world for that of the ecclesiastical? Oh, no, that's right. You're just interested in a Deaconship. How selfless of you," Josephine returned, her voice dry enough to make skin crackle. "Yes, tomorrow night shall work perfectly. Let us meet in that nice room in the Nox. The one you have an all access pass to. It should make for a neutral ambiance."

PRE

This particular Sanctified shares none of the love and trust Thomas seems to have. This will be a challenge. If he had been expecting her to welcome him with open arms, this may have been a disappointment. In truth, her distrust - or was it distaste - in Michael earns her a small amount of respect. This one will be formidable.

"The Nox, then."

PRE

"Most excellent. I shall look forward to it. Until then. Ta!" And with that the line went dead.

If you would start the scene and then tag me in it I would love you forever

Closed Thread