Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Degnar, Milo, and Finn

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar shrugged in response to Milo's question. "You could say I was here for about a year," he replied to the Shadowsoul, drinking some of the punch he had served himself. "I went into hiding after the attack on the Four Seasons." The Darkling paused after saying those words, realizing that some context would be necessary.

"It used to be the place where the Freehold gathered, until it was destroyed," he explained to Milo and the others. Degnar did not want to get into the details of the whole thing, since he lacked some of the knowledge, and well...it wasn't exactly a pleasant topic anyway. "This Freehold has had its fair share of problems in the past, but nothing that its members have not managed to overcome in one way or another." Perhaps his words would be somewhat reassuring? Perhaps not. These were new arrivals after all.

"I know the city quite well," he said, turning towards Lucy. "So...if you are lost in that regards, I could show you around a bit." The Tunnelgrub figured that was the polite thing to do, since she was new, and of Winter.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy can't help herself, she has to look at this Finn guy from top to toe. Good company he says? 'Oh I see that, pleasure to meet you Finn.'

She may be winter, but she can still look.

'Trust me, every place has its problems. I'm from Miami.' As if that alone should say enough. Not that she can imagine that the biggest meeting place there would be destroyed. That's really nasty. 'So yeah, I'm new to the area.' Her attention bounces back and forth between Finn and Degnar as she can smoothly reply to both their questions.

'So yeah, I would love a small tour sometime. So far I've only been to the Blue Note. A nice place to meet my fellow Onyx Courtiers, but I trust Sacramento has more good places in store for us.'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo nods happily at Degnar's answer.

"It is reassuring to know that the members of this Freehold are so dependable." The Shadowsoul says before turning to Lucy. "New York had it's share as well. Although I don't remember the infighting destroying many shared spaces."

A shrug, then Lucy mentioned where the Onyx Court seemed to meet most often. "There is a boarding house named Edna's where Autumn seems to gather. Queen Jasons allowed me to stay for a while since I lacked a Hollow, though I did not ask if the agreement was due to Court affiliation or general business."

Then Maredrauga delivered his message and it seemed time to depart. A pleasure to meet you all, but I doubt someone known as the Dread Lady would be overly fond of being kept waiting. If there is time I shall return after, until then." The Fairest trailed off and dipped his head before stepping back to head to his Queen's side.

Milo heads to Betony Rue's Table.

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn shoots the other newcomers a worried look as the Darkling mentions the attack on the Four Seasons, whatever that was. Every Freehold had its problems, that's true; but how bad were things in Sacramento that a meeting place being destroyed was treated as just another day-to-day occurrence? Maybe Finn should have stayed in Canada...

While the Fairest was wondering just what kind of trouble he had got himself into by coming to the city, Finn catches Lucy giving him a once-over. If he minds, it certainly doesn't show on the Spring's face; Finn instead giving the female Winter a knowing wink. As she brings up the topic of city tours, Finn nods his head.

"Seems you have the advantage on me there, Lucy. So far, I've been here, my house, and a few bars. As large as Sacramento is, seems like it would take a while to learn the whole city."

He then turns his attention to Milo as the man excuses himself; raising his glass in place of a wave. "Completely understandable, Mr Chernobog; never a good idea to keep your Monarch waiting. Hopefully we'll get a chance to talk again before too long."

As the Autumn courtier joins the rest of his Court; Finn once again turns his attention back to his two remaining companions. "I should probably do that as well at some point. As soon as I figure out who the Spring Monarch is..."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded at their reactions, which appeared to be a lot better than he had originally expected. "It is true. No Freehold is perfect," he said in response to their words. And while Sacramento was far from perfect, it was the closest thing he had to a home. Even after everything that had happened, the Darkling liked the place.

When Milo excused himself, the Tunnelgrub nodded to the man. "By all means," he said to the Shadowsoul. "You should answer your Queen's summons." If the roles were reversed, Degnar would be doing exactly the same thing. He would never keep Katrin Byeli waiting; and something told him that Betony Rue likely didn't enjoy waiting on people either.

"The Blue Note is a good place for us Winter folk," he said to Lucy, nodding his head once more. "Good to hear that you found it already." He paused for a moment, considering the fact that he had yet to visit some of the new locations where the Lost gathered. A year ago, things had been much simpler. "I believe the Forge still stands. It is a place where the Summer Court gather," he explained to Finn and Lucy, taking another sip of punch.

"Unfortunately, I have not visited the place where those of Spring gather," he offered to the Incubus, a nonchalant shrug following his words. "I'm also uncertain about who your Monarch is." He paused for a moment, trying to remember what things had been like before the attack. "Mrs. Rosemary had been Queen for some time, but then a woman from New York took her place," he offered, concentrating on the memories for a moment. "I'm not sure if she's still Queen, but you will know when you see her. She's hard to miss."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy is of course not going to stop Milo, it's perfectly understandable. Better, she wished her Queen called the Onyx Court together. Fortunately, she also hears his last name again, 'See you, Mr Chernobog.'

Then her attention goes back to the other gentleman with a friendly smile. 'Yes, I followed some obscure directions, but I was happy to have found it. I suppose I should visit the other places as well, to meet more people.'

But... the Forge? That reminds her of her Durance a bit too much. Maybe.

When they speak of Monarchs the Elemental looks around the garden. 'Not everyone is here, am I right? Or... I had hoped to immediately recognize Queen Katrin Byeli, would I see her.' Back in Miami, the Winter Sovereign was quite that.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn nods his head as the Darkling passes on what little information he has about the Spring Court. "Thank you , at this point I appreciate any information about the Emerald Court. And you're right, most things about Spring Court are hard to miss. Blessing and curse though it may be..." There's an easy chuckle at his words; Finn hand long ago accepted the strengths and weaknesses that came with his chosen Season.

As the two Winters continue their conversation, the Fairest allows his attention to wander away from the small group of Lost and out over that gathered members of the Freehold. He watches as the woman who earlier called out to the other members of his Court leads two other women away for a private conversation. Finn wasn't usually the kind to butt in on such a gathering, but there was a high probability that these three were his best chance to make contact with his Court this evening.

Besides, a group of pleasant-looking young women he had yet to meet? He was pretty sure it was an official Dereliction of Springly Duty if he didn't at least go over and introduce himself...

Turning his attention back to the two Lost closest to him, Finn catches the tail end of the Elemental's words. "If you'll excuse me, I think I'll do a little investigating of my own on the matter. Degnar, Lucy, a pleasure to meet you both. Hopefully we'll have a chance to talk again before too long."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread