Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Consilium - House of Cards

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 10 of 18 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Last
    A
    Asp

Asp remained fixed in place as the Council spoke, smiling to Mace as she announced herself. Good. A Provost. That was how it ought to be, as far as she was concerned. She noticed Star slide on forward, giving him a sidelong glance and agreeing with his choice to volunteer. There was something to be done here, and Obrimoi were the best men and women for the job.

Shooting a little thumb over at Star, she said, "There we go. I'll help Star out with the corrupted line if the Council wishes. Shouldn't be too too bad now that the source of the taint has been ended."

As Animus explained who was who in the soul jar zoo, Asp's face grew serious. The Thyrsus had lost so much over the years... how would he ever recover from it all?

Was it even possible?

C
    C_Lloyd

Wow.

Sylvan was only just starting to understand the magnitude of the problems this Concilium faced before he arrived. A defunct Charter? Several members slain and their souls molested by Scelesti? It was unreal. He knew that Conciliums faced threats before, but he had never experienced anything this bad. Was he going to be in over his head here? Was there more danger to come?

And then there was the matter of the councilor. An apostate. That somehow didn't bode well. It was his hope that the Thyrsus could come together and talk about that. Normally, Sylvan would prefer to stay out of politics, but there's no telling what an apostates motives were amongst a group of Pentacle Magi. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, but it still rubbed the Mystagogue the wrong way.

"It's okay, Miles. It's not a problem..." he whispered to himself. "You'll be fine here, just do your part and help out."

L
    LoneRanger

I look around, watching how the flood of information flows through the various members of the Pentacle here assembled. Their reactions... Names of peoples.

About mymself... I could feel the surge the fear flowing through the neck. This tenseness is soon melt as I start to hum a song.

U2. Before or after Zooropa? Mothers of the disappeared or Zooropa? It is a beautiful day or Sunday, Bloody sunday?

Anyway, the song is by the White Duke: we can be heroes, what d'you say?

From my position near the Mysterium guy I met with Crowley, I stand up and move toward Ermac, greeting him with a hand raised. Ermac

"I'll make condolescences to Triquta's lover. It's hard live without a relative, go figure without a lover. Uh, I just... need his name"

5 suxx humming
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-20 14:39:08 Humming rolls 9 to Pre+Esp+SL (10 Again) 6, 9, 9, 7, 10, 6, 2, 8, 10, 1, 7 5 successes

ST Note: Striking Looks does not apply to humming. It is a Presence + Expression roll and would get a bonus from Distinctive Voice. As such, this is only four-successes

Miach

PRE

Eyes downcast, Miach listened as in trance to the litany of names. Spoken from Animus's voice, it sounded even more surreal. More like a roll call at a Consilium, a few years ago, than a list of defuncts. He had known them all, too. To a lesser extent compared to the Shaman, but... it already ached. A lot. Sinec the Acanthus had lost a lover too, he could fathom the pain he must be through, and his empathy for the man went up by quite a bit.

Oh man... was all he could think of. Oh man...

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne lets out a slow deep breath as the names of the fallen are listed. All friends, allies, or acquaintances in some way. Avenged in a way, now to hope that their Souls can be returned to the wheel. Maybe not hoped, forced so.

It gives her a small smile, knowing that one day they will return better than they were but never knowing.

Falstaff

PRE

Though Falstaff appears to be watching a squirrel out the window, he's actually paying very close attention. He'd provided adequate pretense for the Mages there to discount him, had "played the fool" long enough. He isn't sure he belongs in the recruiting cabal, or that he can be useful in alignment with the stated courses of action, but the problems had come to earn his interest and attention. He would find a way to make his mark upon them--a bloody mark in all likelihood.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley listens...

...and as the litany of woe is finally bought to the surface, the enigmatic smile fades into, well, shock.

What the fuck!?

There is a small part of him screaming to mind his face, but its stuck fast in surprised horror mode. The Acanthus takes a step back and tries to be somewhere else. Anywhere else....

Dammit why didn't I practice working with Space more often!

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Soul stones. Now there was a matter of interest. Bishop listened calmly. He had no deal with ley lines, as the arcanum of Prime had so far done its best to elude him. Not that he had actually tried to direct any studies in its direction. But soul stones were a different matter. The names of the passed bodies did not mean anything to him, but judging from the reactions of the more senior residents, they had an apparent meaning in a deeper context.
    Bishop also noted with some satisfaction, that Mrs. Mace was immediately asking the right questions. Could soul stones...or souls, for that matter...that were in the possession of Scelesti be trusted?
    <I hope nobody will actually try to find mortal bodies and restore those souls with a vessel.> Bishop thought to himself. Bishop watched Animus carefully. Reaquiring the soulstone of a lost love...that was...something.
    <What would I do, should I find Samanthas soul intact in such a vessel? Would I be strong enough, to let her go a second time? Would I even consider this?>
    Too many questions. Bishop decided, he would not meddle in this. He would advise, if asked, but he would not intervene. If someone would try to restore a loved one, that would mean to stand in the way of an avalanche. One would be crushed at worse or ignored at best. One could only direct its path with gentle obstacles until it came to rest in a valley.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

10. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Fluke turned his attention as the big man in charge began to talk. At least he assumed the guy was in charge, it certainly sounded like he was. Then there was the Lictor, spewing out some legalese and what have you. Wait, the Lex is no more? His eyes widened slightly, curious as to what this meant. He didn't even know what such a document had consisted of, but it didn't seem like it mattered at this point. I'm sure the Ladder will see to it that there's a new one in no time, he thought to himself, turning his attention to the young woman who had introduced herself as Asp once she spoke up.

Scelesti. Soul Jars. Tainted ley lines. Banishers spreading drugs. This Concilium certainly had its fair share of problems. At least it was good that the Scelesti had been dealt with, but it was sad to hear that five Awakened had not only lost their lives, but had their souls trapped in the process. Being a newcomer, he didn't know any of the people that had died, but he wasn't some insensitive asshole either. While he had been all friendly smiles and waves before, Fluke's expression now had become somewhat somber. He especially felt for the man who had been introduced as the Sentinel, who had apparently lost his lover to the predations of these Scelesti.

He considered the fact that he had to attune himself to the city. With all the things that had happened, and all the things that were still a problem, Sacramento would need a shoulder to cry on. I'll have to talk to Ermac about that tainted leyline, he thought to himself. While Fluke had no knowledge of Prime, perhaps he could help in other ways.

T

Striker moved deftly through the gathered mages from where he had been talking near the wall to where Crowley now stood.

"You right mate?" He asked quietly, trying to get the Herald's attention without drawing too much from elsewhere.

Page 10 of 18 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Last
Closed Thread