Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Consilium - House of Cards

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 18 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last
    J

"Thank you, Sentinel Animus. I know it is hard to remember when it's so painful. And only an awakened soul can truly see the dark irony in which death is not the worse that might befall a person."

She ignores the half offer of condolences as it's not much of a comfort when it's coming from someone who doesn't know either party. It's like the President phoning to say your child died on the battlefield. That's nice and all, but what does he know about your kid? Nothing. It's just a gesture.

"Even if you don't know who might be best for it right now, Councilor Mace, it's something that is best suited to those of your path, and those comfortable with death. Do you think you can manage to arrange that? And then I don't know if it's possible, but maybe if they're stable and not insane, we can find a way to communicate with them. Otherwise, we'll need to find a way to put them to rest. Unless there are objections or suggestions from the council to proceed another way?"

She shifts gears as quickly as necessary. She gives it a moment to let it sink in. The ley line clean up looked to be organizing itself, which is a good sign.

"And that's two for the clean up project. I think that anyone else that is capable enough with prime can organize with Provost Asp and Star. Just keep us updated on its status I should think."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

M
    Mace

Mace winced as Nous called her councilor again and again. So much for that plan. She listened as her questions were answered, and as the other councilors spoke up. She was glad, however, that the other councilors seemed to jump immediately on the idea of laying them to peaceful rest. The idea of reanimating the souls when their hosts had alread died had sent a shiver down her spine. She gave Animus a sympathetic glance. "I would appreciate any assistance you can offer," she said. She would offer more condolences in private, it seemed more appropriate.

"I will gladly organize such a team," she said to Nous. The suggestion that she wouldn't help bristled at her pride, but she stamped it down. They had more important things to worry about. She turned her attention to the audience, taking stock of those gathered. "If any volunteers with knowledge of Death would like to step forward, come see me afterwords." She'd conscript afterwords as needed. Another thought occured to her. More than each path, there was also a representitive of each order. They know how we work. Not that it's a big secret amongst the awakened. "I would also like a couple of volunteers to research what we can about the ritual they were attempting to perform. It may prove invaluable in assessing the damage, and help us take steps to prevent this from happening again. Was anything taken from the Scelesti that might give us clues on this?" She directed the last question to Asp.

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 2 (Hierach)

The Hierarch's relative silence speaks volumes. The Mastigos knew that things in the Consilium were dire, but what is presented is one of the worst fears any Awakened might hold. An Awakened's very soul is everything, and for it to be trapped within the fallen world, to not ascend to the greater truths, to be potentially used for foul rituals is a horror beyond ken.

Well and truly, the Counselors have been thrown directly into the fire. Aquinas' eyes search out the eyes of each Counselor as some step forward to get things done.

My condolences go out to the families, cabals, orders, and paths that have lost. It is a terrible thing to loose not only someone who sees the Truth, but a Person and a Friend.” Aquinas says this deliberately as he turns towards Animus and those most senior of the Consilium, “With some solemnity I thank those who have risked their lives to deal with the Scelesti.

A nod towards Mace , “Counselor, please keep me appraised. Once the Souls are deemed healthy enough, I would like to lead the memorials and rituals needed to release them. Star ,” turning towards the loafer'd and mop-headed Illusionist, “if you would keep me appraised as well as to the health of the layline – as, to my knowledge, we are not home to a Tellurian.

Looking to Asp , Aquinas adds, “Once Asp answers Counselor's Mace's question, I would like to ask Sentinel Animus if he has chosen two new Sentinels to add to his cadre.” A look of expectation travels to the Sentinel, suddenly the addition of new Sentinels was higher on the Hierarch's list.

Quick OOC Addenda:

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Did Mike Brady just talk to him? Directly? Hands floundered between a salute and a double thumbs up. Heard. Acknowledged.

He'd have turned around to double check, but there was that whole Used His Name bit. He'd need to ask someone about what a Tellurian was. Pretty sure he wasn't talking about the delightful little skiing town that was a total pain in the rear to get to, had two golf courses, an annual music festival, and an odd history with whorehouses. He knew a lot about Telluride. Don't. Ask.

Brows knit as he pictured having lunch with the Hierarch. How's the Council? Good, good. The ley lines are good. Seen any interesting Resonance lately? Weird, yo. Wasn't there, like, totally an Obrimos Councilor?

He'd tell Zoey to pass along the message. She'd like that. Boom. Done.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp peered at Mace thoughtfully after the Heirarch addressed them, her memory scanning the scene in her mind. She nodded, remaining stock-still as if at a sort of attention. "Yes, Provost," she said, favoring the address form that Mace had selected for herself, the one that did not suggest that the Moros had imprisoned herself. "The house itself is clear, but between the soul jars, their positions in the house, and a teddy bear that still has a Fate-triggered Life spell sitting in it which needs identification and dispellation, we have some evidence to work with. Epopt Ariadne also acquired some materials that may prove helpful. I'm worried that that bear may be dangerous, so unless the Mysterium or the Visus have someone handy specializing in the handling and analysis of potentially dangerous imbued items, I'll take care of the analysis myself and report in."

Asp wasn't easy to kill. Preparations with Life made it all the more true. She also secretly enjoyed doing work with magic every now and again. She had studied hard for a reason.

"Thank you for your time. As always, the Arrow are at your service."

She looked to Animus, letting him know she was done.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon is back to the room at large in time to listen to Aquinas make the debrief. Frankly, all that Arrow stuff is starting to rub off on him which is not necessarily such a good thing. Maybe talk to Asp about this during a session? Like, how the hell they stay sane with the power to protect others?

The Warlock folds his arms and waits for the Hierarch ot declare his intentions. The bear is especially suspicious on which he speaks to Ariadne ( Kelreth ):

"You know, that stuffed toy? The Mage who cast it is dead but the spell is still there, so it's definitely can't be good. Asp is cool and all but maybe offer her some help? Because the trigger could be anything, like, dispellation?" - he would certainly prefer Asp not getting transformed into a rampaging rhino or something.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

C
    C_Lloyd

Magically booby-trapped Teddy Bear? Sounds like it belongs in a Censorium.

Sylvan looked around the hall for his Curator, Tyria.

Theeere she is.

He walked over to her in a particularly professional fashion, rather than take the casual approach as he has with others tonight. "Good evening Curator Primoria, " he said with a smile and brief wave. "About that teddy bear. Do we have a Censor looking into that? It sounds like it could be a magical item with a contingent trigger. It would be unfavorable to allow it to be destroyed or unraveled."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Actions. Consequences.

He'd wanted to discuss with Leo, but never had the chance. So it seemed he would be acting on his own. Of their two picks, one ( Avis ) had taken herself out of the pool by claiming a higher position, and the other ...

A Sentinel could not shy away from combat, no matter the odds. Weavebreaker had refused to defend herself, despite appearances that unconsciousness would bring no safety. Did she even understand why he had torn her throat open?

Absent any indication that two years of hiding had changed her for the better, it seemed he was starting fresh. I'm sorry, Leo. But the Consilium comes first.

Eyes drift upward to meet Aquinas' gaze, as he takes a momnet to mentally survey the field. "I'd like to call Jonokuchi and Asp as Sentinels." With Leo seemingly absent, the overlap in skillset could hardly be considered a liability.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

For a moment it seemed as if the Herald was not listening. Then, shuddering, he turned to the Australian mage.

"Eh... Ah... Yeah! Tainted ley lines? Soul Jars? What the heck was going on here, man!"

Crowley managed to modulate his voice but the shock of it all rang through. "I thought L.A was bad. This... This is, like, whoa! Deep shit. Um... yeah..." He sniffed and rubbed finger under his nose. "Eh? You wanted something, mate?"

To be honest, the Herald would be glad to focus on something... Anything! Other than what the Council was debating right now.
    Teeramus Striker

Jonokuchi

PRE

From his vantage point, Jonokuchi observed the continuing talking points between those present, noting with a nod the look he received from Pepper. Inside, he cared little if his announcement had been out of place. Etiquette at such gatherings had never been his forte even back in his competitive days. Perhaps it was something he would need to take note of - if only to learn how not to derail a conversation. It wasn't that he was rude, the sumo just had little finesse in these matters.

When Animus spoke, announcing both Asp and himself to become Sentinels of the Consilium, the Warlock frowned, taken by surprise. Thoughts of self-loathing were conjured from the recesses of his mind, a voice he was still trying to conquer; knocking him down whenever it could. There were so many better suited Magi, including Striker, Weavebreaker, even Avis if she was capable or allowed to fulfill two roles.

No, he told himself. I have proved myself to my peers. I have lost battles but overcome such loses to be a better warrior, a better, wiser Arrow.

Jonokuchi took several steps, leaning with each one upon his staff until he was satisfied, that he had shown his willingness to accept the mantle being offered, a step closer to regaining the honour stolen from him by the Seers.

Page 11 of 18 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last
Closed Thread