Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Consilium - House of Cards

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 18 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

The large Sentinel stood back upright, once again towering over the Consilium, mulling things over.

Honour-bound. He would do his duty but only when the time came, when the bickering has ceased. Striker was his friend and cabalmate but the Laws came first.

The disgraced sumo would not be swayed by such a concept as friendship.

E
    Ermac

Wait, Avis asked Weavebreaker what kind of punishment she felt that she deserved? Pepper's mention of the proposal, was noted. "Thank you Provost Pepper ." Looking out at the crowd of Awakened, he looked at Bishop Samaritan again. All it took was one person to stand up and say it was a lynch mob....and the assembly fell like dominoes.

When Asp called for order, he displayed a relieved smile to her. "Thank you Sentinel Asp." No one argues with a Sentinel.

Turning to the Council, "I would like to make a motion for a five minute recess to allow for tempers to subside and re-establish civility before continuing forward."

M
    Mace

Mace closed her eyes for just a moment. Just one moment. Just long enough to get her thoughts in order. And then Ermac gave her exactly what she needed. There was a reason he'd been the one to receive the phone call, even if it was at Pepper's prodding. "I second that motion," she said. A break to actually discuss how they were going to deal with these issues was very, very necessary at this point.

T

Striker had spoken up when Nous called for witnesses, been put on the spot, stirred up, taken off the spot, left to cool. The whole process was frustrating to say the least. He was about to call them out for being a bunch of useless drongos when Asp called for order and the Obrimos councillor called for a break so that they figure out what the hell they were doing.

He turned back to Crowley and Faye, glad that those in power were finally figuring out how to use it.

L
    LoneRanger

I stand relatively near to Councillor Ermac, and so far I have been calm and quiet, (perhaps two scratches on the chin) I nod to his words. A five minute break would be nice.

Perhaps something could be sorted out in a decisive manner.

I've been out of town soooooo long and... Uh, could it be the reason why Cadwallon was SO happy when it was concilium time in Cardiff...

Then I turn to Bishop, with a reassuring smile, after he put up his point with such energy.

spotted?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-01 16:08:11 wit+emp (5) rolls 5 to me dumb? (10 Again) 7, 1, 7, 9, 9 2 successes

come on, pardner, relax!

I hope he can read my thought...

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop played his eyes along the crowd. He was not sure, if had the twitches in his face under control, but it seemed a few people finally started grasping the concept of prudent advancement. His anger subsided into an icy expectation. He noted a gaze from one of the sentinels and their quiet chatter, before Mrs. Asp spoke up.
    He tried assessing lines of power. <His royal mob-ness Aquinas hasn't said anything. How very political of him. So...Sentinels are apparently councilor-side, but that's most likely due to protocol. And the Talons love to serve. Councilor Ermac seems to have the right idea. Recess. He might be capable, maybe I can get him to listen. Mace has grasped the problem probably as well...smart girl.> Bishop looked at his cabalmate Ermon. <There we go. Privacy. Way to go, Chef.>
    Bishop eyed Striker carefully. <Breaking the Veil deserves punishment. But accusing someone, because it is a convenient way to shut someone up is so damn sideways, I am really starting to like that guy. I wonder what he did.>

Spotted!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-01 18:45:15 Bishop rolls 6 to perception (Wits 3 + Com 3) (10 Again) 6, 4, 3, 7, 9, 10, 5 2 successes

His eyes grazed the assembly again, when he noted Pelican smiling at him. Bishop gave him a very slight nod. <Ok, so there are some cooler heads present, maybe they'll figure it out after all.>
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

7. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    J

"Good, then with me that makes three for recess. I don't think we need more than that to regroup and let everyone sit down so that we can actually do what we're supposed to be doing."

The only mob in the room was the mob of people not sitting at their table acting like they're sitting at their table. There's a reason there are five chairs. One for each of them. She is a little amazed that the ones talking out of turn and interfering with the natural order of a Council are not the Libertines. She'll have to compliment Ermac on it later.

She'll also need to talk to Bishop later. Maybe it's just been too long since he's had an actual consilium that he's fallen onto bad habits from Avalon's time 'in charge'. It can be hoped, but that doesn't make it sit any better with her. Granted, it's all going about as well as can be expected. Even if there's been three months to adapt, there's a difference between thinking about it and actually seeing it in action.

"When we reconvene we can maybe get this done. It would be rude of us to drag this out for Weavebreaker."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker's jaw clenched slightly at the cacophony that court had become. She knew war loomed on the horizon, and that her actions had become a catalyst for all of this to play out. She didn't even know how to respond to Avis. Weavebreaker remained silent, not knowing what else to do.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

10. Likes RebornSeas, Teeramus liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 2 (Hierach)

Aquinas meshes his fingers and considers Weavebreaker, then he looks to the other Councilors. Finally, the Hierarch speaks, “It seems that the matter of Striker and Weavebreaker has been tabled for the time being.” It is a less than desirable outcome but given the newness of the Council, one that the Mastigos accepts.

“We have run out of time for tonight's gathering,” the Hierarch announces. “Before I deem a formal close to it, I would like to give a follow up on something I mentioned when I first took this seat: the weeding out of the vipers at Sacramento University. The time is now.” Looking out over the assembled groups, Aquinas continues, “We will be conducting this Shadow War in three distinct but interlocking ways: information gathering, destroying their influence in the Sleeper World, and when all this is done, apprehending and removing them from the board.”

The Mastigos is thorough, one might have to give him that. “Veiled Threats, I would like you to begin leading the effort on information gathering.” A look towards Ariadne, “Unbound Smoke, I would like you to assist Veiled Threats.”

Looking towards those members of the Archangels, the Hierarch commands, “In time, I would like Archangels to use this information to cleanly remove Banishers from play. In the meantime, offer yourselves to assist if any other cabal requires a strong arm.”

Finally, this request goes out to the whole, “In lieu of a cabal dedicated to tending the garden as it were, I am asking for those Magi, influential with the Sleeping World, to step forward. This is the most important task; quietly removing Banisher influence and inserting right-thinking agents of the Pentacle in its place.”

“There are questions, I am sure. See me privately to ask them. Those who are interested in witnessing the judgment of the Council when they return from their recess, may remain. But this gathering of the Consilium is ended, Oracles Guide.”

Councilors may begin a separate thread with Weave and Striker, linked to this one but separate. We've run out of time, unfortunately. Those who might have questions for their roles in Ivory Tower, feel free to start thread with Aquinas at any time really and tag me. Nice Work

Page 18 of 18 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
Closed Thread