Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ack: Zach

THREADID

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly directs any Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons which wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic lemon incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast and is alabaster pale.

Martha is wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest... her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick.

A generous sprinkle of lavender scent... minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse... white gloves... her fishnet reveals the sleek tone of her single muscular leg. A flesh leg well suited to that of a dancer or perhaps an athlete. Regardless, she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is now replaced with a simple metal peg-leg from high up her thigh.

For those initiated into the mysteries of the DC Universe Martha is dressed as Zatanna, Mistress of Magic!

She's sat, quietly reading from the many documents and studying associated maps which are laid out on a simple coffee table in front of her. The coffee table is laden with a carafe fresh homemade lemonade.

AlphaStrike

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach comes down the stairs, and pauses. The decor catches him off guard. Last time Zach was here he wasn't twirling off into space. It was a bit disorienting for a dirt-lover like Zach. But the lemons brought him back down to earth. The scent reminded him of his living days, although Zach wasn't going to steal lemons for kicks and giggles tonight. He did close his eyes and savor the smell, though.

Eyes opened and at the foot of the stairs, he makes his way around court, until he found tiny Martha overlooking what appeared to be her weight in paper. Smiling, he greeted her with a "It's good to see you again, Seneschal Villiers. How have you been?" and he searches for a place to sit that will give him a decent view of the table. He doesn't approach too closely. Last time he had seen her, at court, she had seemed a little off, and he doesn't want to alarm her. "The decorations are a bit different that last I remember. Turning our minds upwards?"
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Martha Villiers

PRE

Beckoning Zach to sit by her side on the couch, she nods and adds;

"Of course, sir! We must always aim high and beyond!" a happy smile follows.

"Please, sir, come and join me!" she pats the couch once more. "I hope you are well! I dare say you have much to tell me!" she giggles once more and watches Zach with wide eyed delight at seeing him again.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

The smile is infectious, and Zach grins back. "I am well, and I wasn't too busy. Mostly watching and waiting. I did get to read a few of the more interesting sorts of books, though. And I may or may not have made a great deal of money, but that's always a little unclear." Zach steps over to the couch, and the trust that Martha shows him is refreshing and warm, compared to the cold shoulder he got from Roxie at court. He sits next to Martha and looks over the coffe table, and asks "What's all this then?" as an arm gestures to the paperwork.
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy giggle, Martha smiles and nods to the paperwork; "Ah! Well, there is a great deal of organizing to do! So much to keep up with!" another happy giggle. She rubs at her peg leg where her knee once was and adds;

"Especially with the plans to bring the railroad expansion to the Domain! Lots of investment opportunities!" another happy smile.

She leans over and picks up a map to show the traces of the planned route of the railroad through Sacramento and California more widely.

Tiny Martha studies Zach to see where he wants to take their informal chat.

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Zach's eyebrows rose at the mention of railroads and expanding, and he smiled. The internet made talking about things so much easier...
    Zach relaxed a little and decided to enjoy some light conversation. So much of his Requiem had been all business, or all survival. The times when he could sit and relax and talk with a friend were few, and should be treasured. And Zach couldn't ask for a better conversationalist.

"That sounds wonderful! It's good to hear that the domain is flourishing. I have learned a little bit about cars, but trains sound much more impressive. They were the most reliable transportation across the country for many decades. There's a lot of history and romanticism tied up in their image, very 'western'. I think trains figured prominently in several novels by Louise L'Amour and others. Train robberies, chases, railroad barons, it all speaks of a drive to expand and profit."

Zach pulled out of history for a moment. "What would the domain be doing to help move these plans along? Is there some way I could be of service?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Martha Acknowledges Zach.

A week of inactivity plus Alpha is a returning player/knows the score (alledgedly) -- Scene Ends, Zach is Acknowledged.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Closed Thread