Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
May I Introduce...

Mal's eyes widened, just slightly. Her pupils plunging to pinpricks. Her brow wrinkled. Knuckles whitened. Tension, all over her tiny frame. Thin wisps of smoke peeled from her skin.

It wasn't really difficult to see when your needling rustled Malory Grey's jimmies.

But she pulled herself up short. This was... important. How she handled this One Little Thing would probably have far reaching repercussions. It was a... a First impressions thing. Would up-tight little Mal, Watch-Wearing-Dildo-Empress of the Summer Court throw one of her infamous tantrums and make a scene? Embarrass herself? Her Court?

Especially since Lukas had chosen this precise bloody moment to make his appearance.

She and Duncan couldn't be in the same room as each other without sparks flying, apparently. But how to deal with it? She could deliver on that tantrum. Growl and hiss and threaten... but... well, experience had showed exactly how far that got her.

"Marcus." she said, in the perfect deadpan of those suffering from acute humour-atrophy, "Nobody told me you were hiring a Clown."

Yeah. That's right, bitch. Malory Grey can sass with the best of them!

Perhaps not delivered with quite enough spontaneity for a truly sick burn, but laugh it off. Break the tension. He wanted to tease, so beat him at his own game. She could pull him up in private later to try and settle this juvenile horseshit.

Having passed that first little challenge with, she felt, flying colours, Mal turned her best 'Don't even think You can pull that shit.' expression on the pickled hobgoblin to her left. "Malory Grey." she said gruffly, taking a step back and quite openly sizing him up. "And before you ask," she said with a resigned sigh. She didn't want to ride on her title like a highway to respect, but with Duncan's ribbing, there might have been some question. "Yes, I really am Iron Adjutant."
    ...Your Iron Adjutant, everyone.

Made me beam, Greebs . Awesome reply.

G
    Greebs

I figured you deserved it after all the work you put into teasing her properly

+ Reply to Thread