Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Late Night at the Gun Range Inc

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

The Gun Range is Sacramento's premier state-of-the-art indoor shooting facility located at 3479 Orange Grove Avenue in North Highlands, CA 95660.

The Gun Range offers 15 climate controlled shooting lanes, along with a full gun rental counter and well stocked retail showroom.

If you are new to shooting, or are a dedicated enthusiast, The Gun Range offers a wide range of classes tailored just for you.

That's what the add says, anyways. The place is certainly big enough and convenient enough to suite Michael's needs. Michael would be just another local coming to burn time with a little target practice. A dark green polo-style shirt with long sleeves and a relatively new pair of jeans felt innocuous enough. This man, with his rented safety glasses and hearing protection, stares down the sights of a Beretta 92FS - basically a civilian version of the M9. Michael squeezes off the last two rounds at the target in lane 5, then lowers his arm, admiring his work. He ejects his magazine, flips the safety and holsters his gun. Stepping back, he sets his sites on a nearby loading bench, ready to fill one or two more magazines before heading out. Michael needed to stay sharp, but he probably should be doing other things with his time. Then again, Kindred seem to have nothing but time to spend.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina entered the gun range slowly, clutching in her hands a set of clips, filled to the top of course, and a simple 9mm Walter PPQ. She liked it, it made her feel like James Bond, a personal hero of hers. He had roughly the same job as her, but he did it in a heroic way, not at all the same as hers. She walked calmly down the range to pick out a lane, until she passes Michael, and stops suddenly, as if suddenly struck. She looks slowly at the man, her Beast roaring its displeasure. The range was her territory tonight, how dare he step onto it? She should chase him out. No. She should kill him. Teach him a lesson, about stepping into someone else's land.

She calmed her Beast down, but still it raged and roared. She rarely found anyone obviously weaker than her; most of them had some sort of Discipline to conceal any weakness and keep her Beast from reacting like this. So of course, upon finding a weaker creature, it wanted to sate itself, to prove its superiority. It drove her to at least force him to acknowledge her strength, to put him in a situation where he should grovel and beg for her to let him remain. She would have to put these thoughts in her Book later, clearly. They violated some of the deepest tenets of the Order. But still...her companion was right. She reached out to tap Michael on the shoulder. "Greetings."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

Michael is a calm man. Focused. He does not allow others see anything beyond what he chooses to project. Normally. The light tap sends a shudder that pulses down into his chest to where his heart doesn't beat. It grabs and holds him there - like a cat holding its prey with its claws before deciding to kill it. His brain recognizes what has just happened, but his body betrays him in a barely stifled stammer.

"Wh- uhm... hello." He does not turn around immediately. He takes a moment to center himself once more. His momentary fear becomes a cold, silent anger. I have too many things left to do. I'm not letting some local get the jump on me. His countenance once again placid, he turns to look over his shoulder. If he was surprised to see that this greater Beast was a small girl, he doesn't show it. He takes a step forward and slowly pivots around to face her. His eyes find the 9mm in her hand. Falling, once again, into his practiced calm and courtesy, Michael finds his words.

"I hope I'm not intruding. I'm relatively new in town; I have been familiarizing myself with the area and happened upon an add for a gun range that was open late."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

For a moment, the defiance of his Beast angered hers more, and she had to leash it much more tightly. But then, he showed her a proper amount of respect and her Beast retreated back into itself, largely satisfied. He had asked for permission, that was all it really wanted. For now. Its retreat let her think clearly again, and she took a step back, her mind returning to its usual calm, collected state. She looked the man up and down again, finally truly studying him. He was no threat, as far as she could tell. Quiet, unobtrusive, weak. He could stay. "No, I suppose not. Welcome to Sacramento." A moment's pause to think. "Have you met anyone else?"
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

The Beast was gone, now, and Michael was once again Michael. He learned early to trust the Beast's instincts - to a degree - but that did not stop him from forming his own opinions about the female. She seems the kind one might not notice after a passing glance. She is small and nonthreatening. She seems a little bit like him. He reassesses again and guesses that if she is like him she should not be underestimated. Michael would need to be certain of just how much of a threat she is. Every one of the Damned is a potential enemy.

"Yes, I have. I was directed to meet Ms. Villiers a few nights after I arrived. I have since spent time meeting as many of the more prominent members of the community as I can. Ms. Villiers was very helpful in directing me towards people of interest." She didn't mention you. He would have smiled at the thought, if he were a complete fool. "Have you been in the area long?" he asks, his voice devoid of emotions. His eyes wander as he speaks: from the girl to the doorway she came from to some seemingly insignificant event happening in the range.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

The woman keeps her eyes fixed on Michael, not looking away except for occasional flicks to verify that no one was trying to sneak up on her. She idly noted that he had failed to mention exactly which important members of the community he had met with. She would have to ask him about that later. "A fair while. Long enough to meet several of the more interesting people." She keeps it imprecise, vague, of course. Exact facts were dangerous, even seemingly innocuous ones. Besides, she didn't trust this one. He reminded her of herself, and she was a firm believer in the fact that no one should trust her. Ever.
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

Michael knew this dance well. They would size each other up, looking for weakness. He could have been studying his own soul in some fun-house mirror. They both have chosen their words carefully; they study one another between words. More is gleaned from the silence - what is unspoken - than the words themselves. Michael decides to test her in the most appropriate way he can think of.

"If you've come here to shoot, perhaps we can make a game of it." Michael's voice lilts slightly on the word 'game'. "What do you say; shall we have a little friendly competition? Mid-range target. Four rounds in 15 seconds." Michael allows himself a smug little grin. "Ladies first."

OOC

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina raises an eyebrow. "Of course. Although," She makes a gesture at her gun and his. "We have different weapons. Perhaps we should acquire the same one, so that we may not blame any victory on the quality of the other's arm in comparison to our own." She didn't particularly care one way or another, but people loved gestures. She may as well make one, for fairness. She looks away for a moment to peer down the range, inspecting it for any potential variables that might get in the way. Satisfied it is a mostly controlled area, she looks back at him, waiting for his response.
    Aspect of the Predator

PRE

Michael rubs his chin, considering for a moment. "We could. Although if you prefer to use a weapon you are more comfortable with," he eyes her weapon again, "I certainly wouldn't mind using my own. I will leave the choice to you, however." he says, already anticipating the thrill of the challenge. Michael was hungry for a victory; especially over one with a meaner Beast than his own. He was about to let her see his potential, if in a one-dimensional fashion. There were plenty of things he would wait to reveal. He may not reveal them at all.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nods and turns, walking over to one of the open lanes, ensuring that there was another open lane to the side of it. She places her clips on the table, as well as her pistol. She takes a moment to load one of the clips into the handgun, racking the slide once to chamber a round, and then ensuring that the safety was on. Ultimately, she found this contest a rather imperfect one. A true contest would test the ability of an individual to perform an important service. While for the Kine, firearms challenges made sense, seeing as how a gun was the deadliest weapon they had developed, but for the Kindred, it was different. Firearms barely annoyed them, beyond a mild inconvenience in public, and a new hole to seal up.

However, it was a test like any other, and it would test the worth of this new arrival, and possibly prove her superiority. She wasn't sure about the second part, not being very able with these most modern of weapons, but there was a possibility of anything. She turned to look at Michael expectantly, laying her hand on the gun. "Shall we begin?"
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread