Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Betony Rue's Table

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

The ogress slowly nods at the beast's words.

"It is true that certain remnants of particular fetches sometimes retain potent echoes of power, Ms. Benoit. However, it would be best to keep in mind that using such tainted magic is not without consequence. Ouroboran is the name that members of the Leaden Mirror have given to devourers, those cannibalistic fetches that have succumbed to wyrd consumption and are compelled to eat the flesh of their own kind... as well as changelings, in order to sate their unnatural hunger for glamour. I believe your own court refers to them as Charybdians, Mr. Krumm. They are abominations that are quite dangerous and should be swiftly dealt with just as one deals with any rabid creature. Although I do not see him in attendance today, you may find Mr. Swilla of the winter court overseeing security at the Blue Note on most evenings. He is rumored to be well versed in fetch lore and has a reputation for being quite zealous in his elimination of the creatures."

The skulls appear to shift and move on the fabric to try to avoid Krumm's hands and glare at him with menacing eye sockets as their jaws open and close in angered silence. Although the crimson skulls feel moist and sticky to the touch, and even glisten in the light like freshly-spilled blood, they do not leave any stains on the ogre's hand and otherwise appear to be a woven part of the hat. Regardless, Betony Rue seems to be squinting at Krumm's hands as they wantonly molest her merchandise.

"If you are interested in the scarf, it has been woven from the bountiful harvests of the season and will surround you in a pleasing aroma in addition to keeping off the chill. Many find it quite pleasant to be in the wearer's presence and may even find themselves a bit more amenable than usual. As for the sweater, it was knitted from a great bonfire which burned right here in this hollow. More than one fearsome hedge beast was consumed by the flames, as we have learned that it is best not to leave carrion for any scavengers whenever a lone briarwolf or such gets caught within the wards of the hollow. The fabric is quite tough and might even be the match for modern kevlar, if you are foolish enough to put it to the test."

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Noticing the Autumn queen's gaze, Krumm set the cap down. "Thank you again, Ms. Jasons. I am interested in the sweater, but I'll have a look at the other stalls before I commit. I'll try not to be too long. What sort of payment do you accept for these items?"

The ogress sniffs as she looks imperiously at her indecisive window shopper.

"You are welcome, Mr. Krumm. It is the duty of the Leaden Mirror to pierce the veil of ignorance and use what knowledge it can glean to fight the machinations of our former Keepers. In regards to payment, U.S. currency is preferred for all purchases, but I am always willing to barter for either goods or services rendered in exchange. However, since you are interested in something special, then you must be prepared to offer something special in return. Do not fear, I am no goblin merchant looking to steal the infantile memory of your mother's teat, or some such useless nonsense. I am certain that we should be able to come to a mutually agreeable price if you happen to return before anyone else purchases it."

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

"I am certain we can. I will see you again before the night is over."

With a respectful bow to both of the lost at the table, Krumm takes his leave.

With the empty-handed departure of one potential customer, the ogress focuses her yellowed eyes on the remaining one.

"You may speak up and tell me if something has caught your eye, Ms. Benoit. I assure you I won't bite."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"Well, with the mention of the Fetch and the spoils of the hunt, I am reminded that I have really no incline to use any of it. I don't suppose you, Ms Jasons, would know if anyone would purchase the items?" Tally asks. "I had tried to journey to a Goblin Market with a group previously, needless to say we didn't make it and thus, I continue to possess them." She admits with a slight sigh.

A spark of interest appears behind the usual sullen glare present in the Witch Queen's eyes.

"I would need to examine them of course in order to determine any worth. Did you happen to bring them with you?"

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Fast Reflexes •

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Kith Blessing:

PRE

"I don't usually carry them upon my person. The only such item I keep on my person is this item that I commissioned from Marcus." Tally admits, moving to touch the Wolf Whistle that's about her neck.

"I am more then happy to bring them to you at a later date." She assures Ms Jasons.

Unfortunately, the spark quickly dies as the beast informs the ogress that she did not actually bring the strange and exotic items with her to the Fallen Fair, even though the event is known throughout the freehold as the perfect time and place to bring such things. Betony Rue narrows her eyes at Tally as if she might be pondering the many different uses for the beast's fluids and entrails.

"Mr. Evan's craftsmanship is quite admirable, Ms. Benoit. However, I find it rather ridiculous that you would not bring such curiosities with you to this, of all events, if you are indeed truly willing to part with such trifles. Perhaps you will think to bring them with you to next year's Fair."

The Autumn Queen indifferently turns away from Tally and moves over to where Krumm had been standing. She starts refolding any of the items that the farwalker had touched and makes a show of smoothing out all of the imaginary wrinkles in her merchandise.

12. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Fast Reflexes •

Beast Blessing:

Curse:

Kith Blessing:

PRE

"My apologies. I had only left them behind as I had been under the impression that those who brought goods today for selling had already made advance notice of needs of a table upon which to sell their goods. As I had not expected to be among the sellers nor cause any abrupt changes in table assignments." Tally explains.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread