Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Freehold Pledge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

All changelings who approach Ms. Jasons are allowed the opportunity to swear the freehold pledge. She gives them the choice of binding themselves to either a simple seasonal vow or a more serious yearlong commendation.

"All members of our community must at minimum pledge a vow to neither reveal our true natures and the existence of our freehold nor knowingly give assistance of any sort to the Gentry or their agents. Do nothing to bring danger into our society during this Autumn Season and you shall be blessed with fortitude. Betray this promise and you shall find your welcome most fearfully withdrawn and your name shall become accursed."

The Autumn Queen's horridly bloodshot gaze bores into those that wish to swear a more lasting vow, almost as if she doubts their sincerity and is testing their resolve.

"For those who wish to pledge their loyalty to the freehold with both words and deeds for the turning of the year, in addition, you must declare what talent or service you vow to provide to our community. For such dedication, you shall reap the benefits of your commendation for as long as you fearlessly work towards the good of the freehold."

Swearing either vow requires the expenditure of one Willpower point.

This is not an actual conversation scene so much as a record of freehold pledge swearing, so Betony Rue will not be posting replies. Please only post your character's acceptance of either the seasonal pledge or yearlong commendation and continue any conversations with the Autumn Queen in the appropriate scene. Please note that the commendation requires your changeling to state what skill or talent they will be swearing to the service of the freehold. Players do not need to copy this post in the Current Pledges thread, but do need to add the Autumn Freehold Pledge or Commendation to their signature/minisheet.

C
    Cross

Antonio Escobar peered into the face of the terrifying Ogre before him with that deadly smile, listening carefully as she offered up two choices. Join, and do nothing, or serve, and be rewarded.

Ask anybody. Antonio Escobar did what he wanted, and usually, doing what he wanted came with some sort of reward.

And so it was that he replied, "Ms. Jasons. My name is Antonio Escobar. I am a broker of items by trade, and I swear that I shall serve the Freehold with my understanding of... certain markets, to see to it that when the Lost require a helping hand in those muddy markets, they have it. So it shall be, for the next year and a day."

He bowed and focused his Will, pledging his service in the eyes of the Wyrd.

Skill Offered

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"I, Tally Benoit, pledge my loyalty to the Freehold for a year and a day. I swear to defend my fellows with my bare hands where I can and when I'm able to." Tally swears before the Queen of Autumn, Ms Jasons.

- 1 Willpower and Glamour

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"I, Samuel Gorgeo, pledge my loyalty to the freehold. I swear to reveal neither my kind nor the freehold to the Gentry and their agents. I pledge to bring no danger upon any others within the freehold. This I swear for the season of autumn, to be renewed upon its end." It was a familiar enough pledge, and with a pull to the Wyrd, it was sealed.

C
    C_Lloyd

Krumm nodded at the Ogre and informed her of his previous Oath. "I am called Krumm. I have already sworn to Brother Lucas to reveal neither my true nature or my freehold, nor any sort of the Gentry or the agents. I swore I will do nothing to willingly bring harm into our freehold and to uphold this oath until next summer."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan coughs, "R-right, oath. Um-heh, I-I am Morgan Bellanar. I-I sweat-swear-swear th-the oath to-to the Freehold. To n-not r-reveal us-the-Freehold to the True Fae or-or their servants, to never-ever aid those foes. I-I prop-promise my aid to-to the defense of the Freehold and-and its members as-I-am-able-to-give-it. I-I swear to uphold-observe this oath f-for one year and one day of times"

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel spoke the vow easily. "I pledge for the season of Autumn, that I will not reveal the Freehold's secrets or nature and I will not give aid knowingly to the Others nor their servants."
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

8. Likes Changeling ST liked this post

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar approached the Autumn Queen, ready to offer his pledge. It was best to get it out of the way after all.

"I, Degnar of the Silent Arrow, vow that during the season of Autumn, I shall not reveal our freehold's secrets, nor knowingly give assistance of any sort to the Gentry or their agents."

Having spoken the words of his pledge, the Tunnelgrub took a step back and rejoined the main gathering.

-1 WP

W
    Walker

Jeffrey removes his sunglasses, meeting the Dread Queen's gaze with his eyeless pits as he swears his oath. "I am Jeffrey Stueck. I pledge that I shall reveal no secret and offer no aid to enemies of the Freehold, and that should our foes rise, my blades will stand ready to heal the wounded and harm the invader. This I swear for a year and a day."

Skill Offered

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As there seemed to be a lull in the line to swear the Freehold oath, Terri quickly heads over. Sure, she swore it only a few months ago but that was during Summer.

Now, it was Autumn.

It was only proper.

"Queen Jasons, I, Terri Nutkins of the Blackbird Bishopric, do swear for a year and a day to be loyal to the Freehold of Sacramento by not knowingly aiding the vile Gentry or their pathetic agents, and will happily serve the Freehold and her citizens with any repairs and designs of clothing and raiment they may require. If I break this Commendation, I expect nothing less than banishment forever and my skill in my craft to lessen as a result of my betrayal."

Once sworn, Terri returns to her table, much happier.

-1 Willpower to seal pledge. Crafts Skill sworn
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread