Ended
Watch

End of Summer BBQ

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus fires up his grill in anticipation of the day's festivities. It had been a while since he had hosted a backyard barbecue, and he was looking forward to hanging out with the rest of his court somewhere other than The Forge. After closing the lid, the elemental taps the keg and pours himself a beer before grabbing a seat and relaxing. He listens to the Eagles station on Pandora being pumped through the wireless speakers as he takes a drink and checks out his spread. The chips and pretzels are sitting next to the buns, condiments, and utensils on the picnic table. A cooler full of soda, gatorade, and bottled water sits next to the keg. As far as he can tell, he's ready for his guests to start arriving.

Eager for action and hot for the game...

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Nothing spelled summer like a good 'ol fashion barbecue. It seemed like it would be one of his more pleasant experiences since his return home, so he was more than happy to attend. It was also a chance to meet the rest of the court - for better or for worse. The Monastery's freehold structure was admittedly non-traditional and the Ogre was interested in how things actually worked.

Wearing a t-shirt and the tattered and bloodstained leggings that returned with him from Arcadia, Krumm strolled into the area and approached Marcus.

"Hey, I'm Krumm, new to town. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand in greeting to the Metalflesh.

Close on the heels of Krumm came Duncan and he couldn't stop grinning the moment he saw Summer's Hunter lounging in his backyard. Carrying two cooler bags full of meat, he dropped them next to the barbeque and held both arms open.

"Marcus, you old bastard!" he cried out, still grinning, vapor flowing from the spiked icicles on his head, a sure sign of his Mantle. "Did it really need to be this long between burning meat?"

Crisp blue eyes turned to Krumm, a nod to his latest employee. "Howdy, Krumm. Ready for some beer-drinking and ass-kicking?"

Looking back to Marcus, he gave a wink to the Metalflesh. "Krumm's working at The Forge as security. Seems like a good guy." He walked over to the keg and poured himself a beer before getting Krumm one also, holding it out to the Ogre. "Anyway, I brought burgers, sausages, chicken and kebabs. Should be a perfect way to see out Summer."

Because he needed this. Summer needed this.

5. Likes Jag liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental smiles widely as he stands and gives the ogre a firm handshake.

"Alright? I'm Marcus. Welcome. Let me know if there's anything I can get you."

When he sees the constable's open arms, the metalflesh bumrushes the snowskin and wraps him in a crushing bear hug as he momentarily lifts his frosty friend right off his feet.

"Duncan! At least I'm not an old fat bastard!"

After disengaging with a flurry of back slapping, Marcus helps Duncan with the burgers and bratwurst and starts laying out a few to be thrown on the grill as soon as it's ready. Smirking at his fellow elemental, he pinches at some imaginary fat around Duncan's waist as the beer is poured.

"You seem a lot heavier than I remember... Are you sure you don't want a diet coke instead?"

He walks back over to the newcomer with Duncan and lets a glimmer of mischief show in his normally steely eyes.

"Tell me the truth, Krumm... He just sits up in the mezz at The Forge all night drinking beer and eating cheetos, doesn't he? Probably hasn't been to the gym in months..."

Marcus couldn't say why he hadn't done this sooner. Sure, he'd been busy, but that was no excuse. Maybe he hadn't felt like hanging out much with the rest of summer. Or perhaps he'd just been spending a lot of his free time with Aaren. Then again, it might be that he simply didn't want to be reminded yet again of everyone who wouldn't be attending. Regardless, the elemental smiles as he drinks his beer. He had forgotten how much fun it was to take the piss out of Duncan. The metalflesh is really glad he decided to throw this little summer shindig. He hadn't realized how much he needed this.

7. Likes Forn Clakes, Jag liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Krumm was glad to see a familiar face. For the first time in a long time, he felt like he could relax, just a little. He was certainly tensed, and he would never forget what he came home to do. But pushing yourself till you break only works if you have a way to get fixed. Right now, he didn't. "That depends. I mean, I'll pass on the beer but who's getting their ass kicked?"

Krumm didn't laugh or even chuckle at that question. He sounded as serious as stone. Hopefully the energy of the others would rub off on him. He nods at Marcus' introduction, but doesn't ask for anything right away.

"I wouldn't know, I'm always down below doing all the hard work." Krumm replied to Marcus with a chuckle. It was a small chuckle but it was genuine. That counted for something. "I guess that answers your question."

When he was hugged in Marcus' steely embrace, Duncan laughs at the camaraderie between the pair of them. They had been through shit together, and Marcus, along with Fu and Rust Mane, had saved his son. That builds trust and a favour that could never be fulfilled.

Then Marcus pinched some pretend fat around the Snowskin's gut and Duncan grinned while wrapping an arm over the Metalflesh's shoulders. "Ha ha! That's hilarious, ya know why? That is exactly what ya Momma said last night!"

Sipping some of his beer, still smiling, Duncan holds up a hand at mention of the Cheetos. "Now hang on there, bud, it was nachos. Get it right."

At least Krumm was getting in the swing of it. Duncan took another gulp of his beer, looking at his Summer Brother with a hint of mischief, playing the game. "So, you reckon our new Adjutant will show her face?"

Justin had been marginally running late -- or overslept -- or something, but he did show up in a timely fashion and he did bring something with him. Such was the entrance of the Sentinel of Summer's Vigil and resident Elemental walking poster boy for social awkwardness.

Macaroni and cheese, plus several six packs worth of Killian's Red. At least he didn't commit the ultimate in social faux pas and hand over a platter full of green bean casserole or God help us all, fruitcake. What probably headed off that bad choice of picnic offerings was that it wasn't the time of year for such trope-ridden holiday culinary delights.

The Manikin was dressed in a pair of well broken in jeans and a t-shirt which had the patriarch of the Squidbillies clan ranting about literacy and what it didn't do for anyone emblazoned on the front. As far as Justin was concerned, the nasty little cuss would probably be right at home with Summer anyway. But then, according to some of the old stories that floated around the Summer Court they had their own version of Early Cuyler orneriness in the form of a walking shrub back in the day.

"Hey, what's up? Where do you want me to put this stuff?"

Oh, and new faces. Justin made a mental note that he would have to pull a meet and greet maneuver with the newbs -- it wouldn't be a good show of brotherhood on his part if he left people sitting on the bench so to speak.

Not long after stepping off the bus at Amtrak Station, Tony had seen the signs. Some of them directed the Ogre to distinct hangouts around the Freehold and even though he should drop by to get acquainted, the BBQ flyers are really what caught his attention.

A chance to mingle with some Sacramento Summers? Oh, yeeeeah.

The address was easy when you have Google and Streetview was an awesome idea. Must have taken them years to go around all the streets. Tony was a little bit jealous. He could have made something better if he hadn't have been taken, which was the fault of that scumbag partner of his, stealing all his ideas, fucking Tony over.

The Troll could feel his ire rising at the thought of being screwed. It tasted like bitter defeat.

Picking up a bottle of Jim Beam Red Stag, the love-it-or-hate-it whiskey Tony had fallen for with his first sip, the Ogre made his way into the backyard, sauntering into the gathering with a rakish smile and hair flopping just so. Wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, v-neck lavender tee and open black shirt with the sleeves rolled up mid-forearm, a satchel was slung across his shoulder, distressed from years of abuse.

"How you doing? Tony Shine, literally just arrived," he grinned, a glimmer of his Mantle shining from his gold teeth. He took in those present; Two, no, three Elementals, and another Ogre. It was the heat haze from the Metalflesh that made Tony think he was potentially the leader around here.

"A small gift," Tony offered with a New York twang, holding out the bottle of liquor towards Marcus. "Not for everybody, I agree, but some would say the same thing of summer, correct? Its all about perception, I find."

Yes. Tony loved the sound of his own voice. Oh, yeeeah.

12. Likes Jag liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

The metalflesh claps the ogre on the shoulder when he plays along, then snorts at his fellow elemental's comeback before letting out a genuine guffaw at the snack food correction.

Nachos... of course.

When Justin and the other new ogre appear, Marcus offers them both a hearty handshake and directs them toward the picnic table.

"Alright, Justin? Been awhile. Tony, I'm Marcus. Welcome. This is Duncan and Krumm. The keg is tapped, so help yourselves. Grill's almost ready, so we should be burning some meat real soon."

G
    Greebs

It was with a certain amount of trepidation that the Iron Adjutant stood in the gateway to Marcus' back yard. The Wolf was often a little weird about invading other's territory - in particular on the rare occasion she did it with peaceful intent; and as her first 'official' appearance to the rest of the court - many of whom would still remember the Freaking Purple Dragon who was her predecessor - after her sudden and meteoric rise from nobody, to second-only-to-the-King, well, Mal was willing to entertain the idea it would be viewed as an 'invasion'...

In spite of the call for casual clothing, for Summer hi-jinks were a certainty, she had made an effort to smarten up. Scrubbed, raw and freshly shaved. Her hair was pinned back by a pair of Aviator sunglasses perched on top of her head. The habitual tabi-style hiking shoes were in attendance, as was one of her less scruffy cargo skirts, however in an uncharacteristic display of colour, a red plaid shirt had been added to the wardrobe for just such an occasion. Maybe she'd look a bit... Summer-ier that way?

Dressing to impress? What the fuck had this title done to her...?

Of course, after the shirt, the sunglasses, a fresh set of razors to keep the fur down, well, her rather limited finances were stretching to the limit - but she wouldn't turn up empty handed, demanding the peons fill her bottomless stomach. That might prove the proverbial final straw.

But what did the grumpy, fun-hating Hunterheart know about recreational food?

Once, quite the outdoors(wo)man, she was rescued by a flash of fond memory, and brought with her a bag of crackers, marshmallow and chocolate. Traditionally food for bonfires, not barbeque, but damnit, fire was fire was fire. And now Malory Grey could think of nothing she wanted more than to stuff her belly with meat, then jam s'mores to fill the gaps.

...and she'd be pleased as punch if that was her biggest faux-pas of the night.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread