Ended
Watch

Order and Chaos

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    E
    Ermac

Ermac had asked Falstaff to meet with him. In order to keep the conversation friendly, he arranged for the meeting to be at the Byzantine. The man's first impressions...could have been better.

However, it would not disqualify him from Eric's support. He would lend guidance and assistance to any who were in need. If Ermac could harness this man's talents, as he envisioned, great works could be accomplished. Everyone deserved a chance to prove themselves.

Awakened were never as they appeared to be. This Acanthus, could possibly, appear to be a fool by intention. Perhaps Falstaff was a Hidden Badass. Or as he suspected, a Lethal Joke.

Countless stories had Lethal Jokes. Everyone laughed at the clown...then they fell silent when the bodies hit the floor.

Falstaff

PRE

This time Falstaff opted for a bus seat without ketchup on it. Ermac had asked a private audience, and who was Falstaff to deprive anyone of his sagely counsel--he was, after all, a Free Council-er. He thought he ought to demonstrate the full range of his personality--theater is not just comedy, but tragedy too. And so he found an outfit suitable to his dignified role, to his expertise, and solemn countenance.

Dr. Falstaff

As he stepped off the bus, he started humming mood music to himself, something to lend an aura of severity and urgency to his presence.

Getting into Role

He stops before the Byzantium, smooths his white overcoat, pulls the wedgie from his ass, and heads down the stairs. "Dah dah dah dah dah!" he hums, adding military majesty to his entrance, heavy cadence to his footfalls, as if to announce: Fear not, for Dr. Falstaff is here.

E
    Ermac

Ermac raised a brow watching the Acanthus enter. Slowly, inhale, exhale. Remember who you're dealing with.

His own mind was thinking of what this man was capable of. A moment of doubt. What if he truly was the Fool as he appeared to be? No, that would be unlikely. Mages, almost as a rule, were not so wasteful of their talents. Falstaff just happened to be exceptionally good at concealing them. Or so he hoped.

The Obrimos arose to greet the fellow Libertine. "Good to see you again." He couldn't help but smirk, "Staying out of trouble?"

Falstaff

PRE

"Ermac! Hey, friend. What are the odds of running into you here?" Falstaff laughs, smiles, offers him both hands, so that Ermac may choose either to shake--he didn't like to assume the whole world was right-handed.

He sees the arced brow and figures the genius is doing some brain stuff in his head: maybe assembling Rubix cubes or doing calcu-algebra for fun. He admires Ermac's cool calm measured gaze: like no matter what was happening, Ermac appeared to be watching water drip, and he knew how many drops there were, and how many people could drink those drops, and how much change all of those people had in their pockets. Falstaff had spent most of his school days eating paste, but the value of brilliance and comportment was not lost on him--take Shakespeare or Bill Nye the Science Guy for instance. What would the world be like without them?

Trouble? Son Tee-Zoo, the Taiwanese general had said: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Trouble happened to be friend and foe, so Falstaff kept it both close and closer. "If by 'trouble,' you mean 'marriage,' then yes. How are you?"

5. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    E
    Ermac

Marriage. That was something he hadn't been involved with. "By your standards I'm avoiding trouble as well."

The Councilor arched a brow, seeing the Acanthus both hands in greeting. He wasn't above engaging in a moment of silliness if it helped build a bridge. "We have a secret handshake now?" He joked in reponse. Ermac presented both of his hand, one laid over top of the over. He shook both of Falstaff's hands.

"Glad to see you are well my friend." He gestured to a seat across from him. When both of them are seated, the Obrimos looks the Acanthus in the eyes. "You are the first of my consultations within the Free Council." Marks paused to allow Falstaff to interpret that message as he may.

He reclined in his chair, "I intend to meet with the rest of the Assembly in due time. This session is solely for us to get to know each other."

Falstaff

PRE

Wonderful. Falstaff seems pleased when Ermac takes both his hands to shake. Though at the touch, poetry pours from his lips of an agency not his own--sometimes his Gnosis is the boss, or maybe it's the invader of his dreams:

From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Falstaff nods his assent; "the Muse" had chosen for Ermac the rallying cry of Shakespeare's Henry V, a passage denoting nobility at the head of camaraderie and selfless leadership perhaps? He doesn't know, being better at receiving queues than interpreting them.

"Shakespeare has a secret joke about marriage, methinks." Falstaff continues as if the possession of his tongue had never occurred. "This is that: almost all his comedies end in marriage."

Glib, Falstaff sinks low in his seat, twists his cheeks until he's perfectly comfortable, clearly relishing the honor of being the first consultation. The rest of the Assembly would have to wait their turn. "What would you like to know, Friend Ermac?"

E
    Ermac

"You know your classics well." Shakespeare was a vague memory for him but he could detect it, most times, when it was recited.

Articulating his request was a challenge. "You have great potential. I spotted that when you first walked in the door at the meeting." How to best convey to this man his thoughts. "What I want to know is, what is your strongest suit?"

Something easy for the man to speak on. "What skills have you honed for use within the Fallen World? It can be anything from baking cakes to being a former sniper in the military who can cut playing cards in half when they're sideways." It was enough of a range to include the most ordinary to the most extraordinary.

He smiled briefly, "What I have found is, the better we know each other, the stronger we become collectively."

Falstaff

PRE

Strongest suit? He guesses he's never thought about it before; he'd always just been who he was, and never had any context to compare himself. He'd failed out theater school and then gotten fired from the Renaissance Faire, but most of his skill had been from his time in those places.

So first Falstaff tells Ermac what others had said: how a honcho in the FC told him he had "high Gnosis for a useless vagabond;" how his Ren-Faire fencing instructor had called him "a natural, though unconventional;" about how the fortune tellers at the Ren-Faire said he had "a mind made for the Occult."

Then Falstaff adds the skills he finds most important: that he's best friends with Fate, that he never gets angry, and that he's almost always content--like a tiny Buddha but with more hair and better jokes.

Falstaff shrugs. He'd rather be a sniper who could cut sideways cakes in half. He adds that he sometimes has someone else's dreams, someone far away away and very strong. Falstaff doesn't care if he's stronger, but he'll help Ermac be stronger if that's what he wants to be. Ermac was the only Mage who didn't hate him, who shook both his hands.

E
    Ermac

The Councilor listened as Falstaff informed him of what others thought of him. He held his own critiques. A Libertine officer telling him off, he did not know the either side of the story, nor did he much care.

At the mention of the Ren Faire staff, Ermac pursed his lips in thought. A tiny Buddha with Fate on his side. The dreams of another powerful individual was a strange aspect. The more answers he had, the more questions came to mind. One step at a time. Pieces would fall into place.

Ermac's voice was heavy with conviction. "First off, whoever told you that you were a useless vagabond is wrong. Plain and simple. The Free Council accepts membership from all walks of life. Libertines who do not take the time to educate and guide others, especially who they perceive to be faltering, they are truly the useless vagabonds."

He shook his head casting that topic aside. "Fencing and fortune telling is an advantageous combination." He tapped his fingers together, thinking deeply on how best to capitalize on this knowledge. He was dead on with this man being Lethal Joke.

How could the Libertines wield a Lethal Joke to Destroy the Lie?

The dreams gnawed at him. The man confessed he had no idea about it. Something like that ought not be overlooked, yet needn't be addressed at the moment.

"What I see is that we may be onto something. As I said, you're the first of many. I'm hoping, in due time, we can develop a cohesive plan." He gestured to Falstaff, "As your friend, I want you to be involved with that plan."

Falstaff

PRE

Plans . . . those aren't Falstaff's list of strengths, but they seem like they're on Ermac's. Maybe that's what "cohesive strength" means? "I don't know about all that stuff," Falstaff admits: who's right or wrong, plans, or advantageous combinations, they make his head hurt like Sudoku. "But I'll go with what you think." Thinking was such hard business, and if he could spare himself a little effort . . . he wonders how many calories he's spent at the meeting already, just thinking alone. Maybe if they thought some more, they could get ice cream.

He wonders about Ermac, how he got to be the way he is. Maybe he was born with an extra brain? Or maybe he's a Mind mage? He wonders how he can help a Mind mage with an extra brain. His turn to ask a question: "What do you want to be when you grow up . . . in the Free Council I mean? A boss of things? A ninja guy? What's your suit list?" Falstaff bets Sudoku is on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.