Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
8 ball in the Awakened pocket

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

When Jack mentioned the band, things fell into place. What had Zoey called him? Jack-be-Nimble Dancer Pants? Or something like that. And then? Star. The last Starfighter. Either way. "Veiled Threats," she said, to answer Pepper's question. "Great name for a band." She turned to Jack. "I'm guessing she found this place through online reviews. How about you, have you been here before?" Maybe they'd get a recommendation or something.

"Pepper is definitely her own cookie," she said. "She's not a big one for jars."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

His heels lifted and he bounced on his toes as a grin burst out. Veiled. Threats. It was totally a great name.

"Yep, yep, that's us,"
    he affirmed, nodding and still grinning. "I mean, it sounds a little strange when I say it? In my head. Or one of the others says it, but, like, hearing a stranger say it? Sounds awesome. Not that you're a total stranger. Obviously. We've done laundry in close proximity, after all. At least. I think we did. I wasn't, uh, looking that close. At your clothes. Or whatever."

Speaking of, whatever happened to the Space Invader? Kiss 'de Girl? He had.

Laundry's a thing, yo.

"I Yelp'ed it,"
    he admitted, settling on his heels and giving the place another look-see. He considered Pepper. What would people call her?

"And, I'll ask. I, uh, have no clue. Like. At all. Do I get a hint?"

Suddenly, fingers came up and snapped. "Oh. Wait. Wait. Before I forget? Seriously, got any funny nick-names or pet peeves for Zoey you'd want to share? I'd be, like, totally indebted. I can throw in some detergent pods to sweeten the deal."

He nodded. Totally.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper giggled at Stars rambling, hand coming up to stiffle the noise somewhat. She wasn't trying to be rude, just, It was cute. "Sorry. I get what you mean though." Pepper herself always liked the idea of naming a Cabal ]Panthera Nox' but rarely spoke it out loud.

But at his question about what Guardians used to call her she wagged a finger. "Ask Zoey, but I can say that 'rebellious punk phase' is totally a hint."

Embarrassing things about Zoey? Pepper glanced to Mace, not sure what to say, then blurted out, "I used to call her Princess Ozma when she was being annoying, though it's a really sarcastic reference?"

m
    magiuspendragon

"The point isn't to say it yourself anyway," Mace said. "Band names are really meant to be screamed by adoring fans.' She wasn't entirely sure what the analogue would be in the Consilium. Maybe whispered in awe. Or something.

She smirked at his mention of Yelp. "So much for asking for advice then. We may want to eventually mosey on over to something that looks interesting." She made her own pass, trying to decide what she was in the mood for. She was actually drawing a blank. Something more mind-numming maybe. Hmm.

"Il'l be honest. I'd fear for my organs if I spread any stories about Zoey." Not that she'd had may to tell. The other girl was pretty private, and they were just going through their paces for life as an Awakened. "Though, evisceration may be preferable to her giving a haircut," she said with a wink to her twin.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Rebellious punk phase. Okay. A small grin echoed her laugh while he spun the hint around the hamster wheel. A finger tapped at the air, poinint at her hair.

"Okay. Wait. I'm going to take two guesses? The first one is,"
    the finger closed into a fist, that he held up, knuckles outward. One corner of his upper lip curled up. "Rebel Yell. The second is," the hand formed an 'L' with fingers, and brows furrowed into a glare before popping upward and his eyes going wide. "Rotten."

Okay, maybe using band wasn't totally random. He might have A Thing for music.

The Ozma comment got a curious look. Wasn't Ozma originally a guy? He was pretty sure Zoey wasn't originally a guy. Pretty. Sure. Eyes skated over to Mace when she talked about fearing for her organs for spreading stories. They were totally jerking him around, right? Because awfully big coincidence. Seriously. Weird, yo. Since Zoey didn't seem like the type to Hook Up And Tell. But, seriously. Ozma? Organs? Stories? Eyebrows lifted and a finger scratched at his temple. Play. It. Off. Either it was a coincidence, or wasn't, but ignore. Because baiting. Skip story swapping. He didn't have any Zoey stories. Nope.

Double fingers pointed at Mace and bounced.

"Adoring fans? I like the way you think. Totally. If I ever have a legit band? You're so first row."
    Hey. Magician. He could appreciate a good audience, even if she was totally talking about something else.

"But, like, something interesting?"
    He shrugged. "I actually kind of sort of like pool? Unless that was like a super nice way of ditching? Which is cool. I'm just pretty bad at knowing, you know, when that happens. The ditching segue brush off polite peace out thing. But I can go back over there," his head nodded the direction he'd come from, "If you two are doing, like, family time."

Just because they'd all done laundry together didn't mean anything.
    - Roald Dahl

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper shook her head at his guesses. "Clearly, you think in ways different than I do. Let's see... A hint for the musically inclined..." She frowned clearly not the same kind of guru with the groove that Jack was. "Okay, I'm ninety percent sure one of Mama's favorite heavy metal bands in the eighties had the same name."

And oh man, the amount of 'nope' on Jack's face from Mace's joke was hilarious. "To be fair, I was only calling her Princess Ozma because for a short time while she was in charge of keeping me from causing trouble she had the total opposite personality, and I was trying to play with what she was going buy at the time? Wait, do you know what she went by in Boston?" If he didn't know that she used to be Ozymandius... "And seriously, She's joking about the organs. Zoey never told us much of anything, and she definitely never gave us leverage like embarrassing stories. But her hair in a bob. Wow, not the haircut for her."

Huh. Pool? Pepper glanced over to Mace, doin' the twin thing and letting Tinker-Thinker know that pool was not objectionable. Then for Star's benefit she added, "I am not utter shit at it, but how a game goes for me tends to vary a lot."

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace chuckled. "It's been a while since I've been an Adoring Fan," she admitted. "We'll have to see how good your band is." She grinned. She liked this guy's attitude. "Keep me posted, though."

"Yes, I'm joking," she said when Pepper outed her. "Zoey probably won't disembowl me. I hope." She didn't really have any stories to tell, other than the haircut and the car. But if Pepper was going to out her name? She'd changed it for a reason, even if she had'nt told the twins what it was.

"No, it's not a polite brush off," she said, catching the look from Pepper.
    "Some pool could be fun. You think two on one? Or trade in and out?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Maiden? Crue? Metallica? Poison? There were more metal bands in the eighties than around the palm trees in Hawaii. When had he been in Hawaii, and what for? Don't. Ask. Don't ever ask about the one tree missing a band. Ever. GnR? Leppard? Sabbath? Megadeth? Slayer?

None of them jumped out. At. All.

"...Queensryche?"

Okay, admittedly, that didn't jump out. It just sounded super cool. When in doubt, with no clue? Go with cool. Metal wasn't really his thing, especially metal that was totally half a century old. Or, at least on the wrong side of the halfway mark.

"Oh, snap. Ozma. Right. I get it, now. Mandy. We, uh, kind of picked new stage names. For the new band. Two of us,"
    he added, grinning and shrugging. "But, yeah, it makes sense now. Strange, like, it wasn't that long ago? But I guess maybe the new thing is the regular thing once it's been around longer than the old thing? Kind of like skateboard wheels. The small ones. They used to be big. One of these days, I'll find out why. About the wheels. I know why we did new stage names."

A finger spun in a circular motion as he talked about the wheels. Curious eyes flickered over to Mace. Was... she... ? Nah.

"Zoey wouldn't do that. She's super cool about sharing embarrassing stories!"
    His head shook 'No'. File away: Hair. Bob. "And, hmmmm. Pool. There's this game? For three people. Called Cut-Throat. We could do that?"

He gave the pair a curious look, seeing if they knew the game before he explained. Explaining something someone knows? Patronizing, yo.
    - Roald Dahl

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a shrug, though she couldn't quiet hide the mischief in the smile that accompanied it. "Two clues and three guesses. You're gonna have to ask Zoey." It was too bad she wouldn't be there to see his reaction. Unless she could talk him into asking Zoey over the phone? That was a thought.

"Yeah. I've known her as Mandy for ages, I was was wondering why she swapped to Zoey." Awww, Mandy swapped for her first cabal. That was cute.

Once her giggles over the fantastic silent no Jack was giving, she tilted her head at him knowing a three-player pool game. "Never heard of Cutthroat Pool before. How's it done?"

10. Likes Djinn liked this post
    m
    magiuspendragon

Mace joined her sister in a smirk. He wasn't going to guess the nickname tonight, it seemed. And it also seemed that Pepper was having a fun time teasing him about it, so she wasn't about to ruin the fun. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when Jack said he already knew about the name change. It seemed as though she wasn't the only one who changed. Interesting. "Alright," she capitulated as he insisted Zoey wouldn't disembowl her. "She's a not-so-closet X-Files fan," she said. "I have my suspicions that this may have been behind the Bob of Doom."

She shook her head when he mentioned the variant pool game. "If it's good for 3, you might have to teach us."

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread