Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was early evening, and after a full day of training and practicing, she needed a break. The coffee house was one she had passed a few times while exploring the city, so tonight seemed like a great time to check it out.

After ordering a café Americano, she made her way to the outside patio, choosing a table under a large tree that was decorated with white lights. It created a magical ambiance that she found comforting. Her long legs were tucked under her crossed legged, and she held a Nook in her free hand. The other was occupied with her coffee. Tonight she was in worn jeans and a black tank top, a hoodie was hanging off the back of her chair.

Jag

2. Likes Jag liked this post

Fluke had been exploring more of the city that evening, taking his time to familiarize himself with every street and corner of Sacramento. It was the sort of thing he did whenever he moved to a new city, and he enjoyed the process quite a bit. That evening he was wearing pretty casual clothes, which was usual for him anyway. He had his messenger bag slung over one shoulder as he walked down the street, whistling a tune without a care in the world.

As he walked past the coffee shop, the Libertine stopped in his tracks and did a double take as he spotted the hottie with the Nook. Wait a minute...isn't she that one girl? he thought to himself, recognizing the woman as one that had introduced herself as Madison. A smile formed across his lips as he turned in her direction and walked over to her table. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, with what was likely one of the most overused lines in the history of everything, but was also direct and to the point.

He waited for her to look up at him, his friendly smile widening slightly. "Madison, right?" he said to the young woman, hoping that she would remember him from that one day at the park.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

When she heard someone ask if a seat was taken, she lifts her eyes from the screen, and was pleasantly surprised to see the guy from the park.

A friendly smile appears as she sets the Nook down, “It is now.” She responds gesturing to the seat, inviting him to sit.

“That’s right! You remembered.” She says with a smile. “And if my memory is working right, you would be Luke?” she asks, hoping her memory was correct. “Can I get you something to drink? How’ve you been?”

The Acanthus' smile widened into a full blown grin as she invited him to take the seat. "Thank you," he said to her, taking the seat with ease. "My memory doesn't always work how I want it to, but it seems to do fine when it counts." He let out a soft chuckle after saying those words, offering Faye a playful wink.

"You got that right," he said in regards to his name, offering her another smile. "Umm, I'll have whatever you are having." The Libertine was not exactly picky when it came to caffeinated drinks, or to drinks in general. Besides, it wasn't right to be picky when someone else was buying anyway. "I've been good, just getting to know the city and what not," he said in response to her question, his smile widening a bit.

"How about yourself?" he asked, recalling that she had mentioned being fairly new to Sacramento as well. "Settling in ok?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She definitely liked that smile, especially paired with his scruffy good looks.

She laughs along with him, “I understand that! My mind always seems to be quickly changing from one thought to another so often that names are easily forgotten.”

When he mentioned having what she was having, she will politely excuse herself from the table and will go to the counter to get Luke a café Americano.

She returns and sets the hot cup before him with a smile, “There you go, one café Americano! Though I am not responsible for any lack of sleep from the caffeine content.” She then adds a playful wink of her own as she sits back down.

Her own cup is picked up, gently blown on and a careful sip was taken. “About the same as you actually. Getting to know the city by walking or driving around, no real destination in mind, just where ever Lady Luck guides me. Mainly apartment shopping and looking for the perfect venue.”

When she returned with his coffee, Fluke offered her a grateful smile. "Thank you!" he said to her, expressing his gratitude with utmost sincerity. He let out a soft chuckle about her comment about lack of sleep. "Who needs sleep anyway?" he said, returning her wink with one of his own; a joke on their Awakened state.

The Acanthus let the coffee cool down a bit before taking a sip, enjoy the strong flavor of the Americano. He let out a soft sigh, clearly enjoying the taste. "This is some really good coffee," he said to her, offering the riveting woman another jovial smile. "I hope the apartment shopping is going well!" He quirked an eyebrow at the mention of venue, wondering if Madison was a musician or performer of sorts.

"A venue, huh?" he asked, his curiosity growing by the moment. "Are you a musician?" The young woman definitely exuded confidence in the way she carried herself, so the Libertine imagined that she had a great stage presence.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“You’re most welcome.”

She grins, “Sleep is overrated” she replied.

“It is going as well as can be expected. Though I have to admit it was easier finding my car.” Another sip of coffee was taken. But she had to admit, it wasn’t as good when it cooled. “With students heading back to school, the market is a little flooding with people apartment hunting, but I have a few promising leads.” She hoped to have an apartment by the end of the month.

She chuckles, “Defiantly not a musician. And there are those who would agree that I can’t carry a tune.” She smirks. “I’m a performer, side show specifically.” She wasn’t sure if he would want to know more, so she left it at that. But of course she was open to any questions he might have.

“What about you? What do you do for work and fun?” she asked.

Fluke nodded at her words concerning the apartment hunt. Perhaps he was lucky that he did not have to worry about such things, but such was the nature of the vow he had taken. He was a wanderer after all, and did not like feeling confined to a specific place for an extended amount of time. "Well, I wish you the best of luck in your search," he said to Madison, a friendly smile forming across his lips. However, he had a suspicion that luck was already on her side.

The Acanthus let out a soft chuckle at her mention of not being able to carry a tune. "You and I both," he said in response, offering her a quick wink. While he enjoyed music a great deal, he simply didn't have what it took to be a musician. His talents lay elsewhere after all. "Side show, huh? So what's the deal with that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow slightly in curiosity as he took another sip of Americano.

When she asked him about his own interests, the Libertine offered a shrug in response. "I don't really have a job," he said in response, letting out a little chuckle. "I do some tarot readings here and there, when I need to scrounge up some cash." He paused for a moment, enjoy some more of the coffee before continuing. "Other than that, I enjoy traveling quite a bit. I love to see new places, and exploring cities to the fullest. Meeting new faces, and just going with the flow, you know?" he said, his smile widening as he said those final words.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was happy to see his curiosity, but hoped what she did wouldn’t scare him off.

“Well performing is in my blood, I grew up in a family of performers. My show includes fire, sword swallowing, contortion and sometimes tarot cards. On occasion I will do suspension, but it is safer in a controlled environment.” Another sip of coffee. “But I am also professionally trained, I attended a Circus school up in Montreal.”

A wide smile appears on her lips as he mentions he reads tarot cards as well.

“You read Tarot as well?!” she says wide eyed, “That’s awesome! Maybe we can exchange stories and show off ours decks sometime.” Most didn’t like other touching their decks, so she didn’t bring that up. Personally, it never really bothered her.

“Oh, I love traveling!” she exclaimed. “Seems I have been traveling all my life. But there is nothing like life on the open road. Any specific place that you’ve enjoyed visiting above the others?”

Fluke listened to her words attentively, clearly interested in what she was saying. "Wow! You can do all that?" he asked, obviously impressed by her many talents. He had gotten to know a few "circus freaks" during his travels, and had always found that way of life interesting. After all, the life in the circus usually kept folks in motion, something he appreciated greatly. "I'll definitely have to attend one of your shows at some point," he added, offering her a pleasant smile.

He took a sip of coffee before nodding in response to her words. "Indeed," he said in regards to the tarot reading. "It is a skill I picked up during my teenage years, and something I enjoy quite a bit." The Libertine's smile widened slightly as he said those words. "You know, I would really like that," he said after a brief pause. "I've actually got my deck with me, if you'd like to see it." He rarely went anywhere without it after all...

When she asked about any specific places he had enjoyed visiting, the Acanthus fell silent for a moment, considering the question. "You know, every place has its own charm, its own stories to tell," he said to her, taking another sip from his coffee in between words. "I always find it to be a unique experience, but if I had to pick one place from the ones that I've visited, I'd have to go with New York City."

Fluke paused once more, taking another sip of Americano. "My time there really changed me," he said after the pause, alluding to his Awakening in the Big Apple. "It was somewhat of an eye-opening experience, you know?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread