Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Two Hearts, Divided

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    L
    LittleFox

The Woodwalker furrowed her brow in thought, concentrating for a moment before staring at Jeffrey for a second and then nodding at the others outside meaningfully. What she meant? Well he would have to guess.

She then turned her attention back to the woman and spoke softly and deliberately, focused on attempting to be helpful."Where and when did you find the photo? And are there items in your home that would make you think someone else lives there? I'm sorry if this all seems odd, miss, but it is quite strange and I am simply trying to rule out different possibilities." She finally sat down next to the young woman, glancing between her and the photograph slowly.

Bump Walker

W
    Walker

Wellm the answer hadn't as been as dramatic as Jeffrey's first paranoid tinglings had been implying, but still, to have your memories eaten away by Changlings going back to the same well time and time again. It would have made him sick at himself, if the usual way he procured glamour from the mundies didn't leave them with memories that they would be all to glad to forget. As it was, he slid his notebook and a pen out of his briefcase, trying to keep anyone seeing the less than reasuring contents inside. He tore the paper in two, and in a spidery hand he penned notes to Aubrey and the two unknown Changlings outside.

He folded the two notes and made his way first to Aubrey where he slipped her note into her hand before making his way to the others outside. He stopped just for a second, when the emotionally freewheeling man was focussed upon L'aire. He said to Samuel "If he needs any help, call this number. I'm a therapist."

Aubrey's Note

Note for Samuel and L'aire

OOC

Sam, L'aire...and now Jeffrey!

Richard just shrugged in response to Sam's words. "I don't know man...I figured it was worth a shot," he said, a slightly defeated look in his eyes. However, when the violet-eyed Fairest said that she could ask someone for help, the guy's eyes were filled with the tiniest of sparkles of hope. "Really? You actually know someone that could help?" There was a hint of excitement in his voice, as well as desperation.

When Jeffrey walked by and engaged Sam, he glanced over at them for a moment. He seemed confused by the other man's presence, uncertain of what was going on. "A therapist?" he said out loud, perhaps a bit louder than he should have. "Why would I...do you guys think I'm crazy?" Perhaps he was a bit crazy, or at least it seemed that way to most people around. Some of the baristas had considered asking him to leave after all...

totally heard that...lol
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-14 12:45:49 Richard rolls 4 to Perception (10 Again) 9, 9, 9, 9 4 successes

Aubrey

"Umm, I found it a couple of days ago," replied the young woman, giving a little shrug. "It was just there, sitting on my nightstand." She paused for a moment, considering Aubrey's question. "I haven't really found anything else out of the ordinary," she confessed to the Woodwalker. "No signs of a break in or anything..." she let her words trail off, giving Jeffrey a strange look as he approached without saying anything and then left.

"Ehhh...what was that about?" she asked, confused by what had just taken place.

W
    Walker

He heard those words far too often. Perhaps he could blame the media for using 'Has Therapist' as convinient shorthand for 'Batshit Crazy'. Or maybe it was the fact that society as a whole has up to very recently correlated mental illness with either demonic possession or an inferior mind. Either way, Touchy subject. Maybe he had just gotten used to the proceedure, certainly pychotheraputic dream-shaping held a great deal of responisbility for his continued sanity, but it still made him feel a little bit sad when people came out with reactions like those. Like you only went to the doctor because you've come down with gangrene.

"Friend, if I only treated crazy people, I'd be out of a job. You've had a bad day, that happens, happens far too often for my liking. Now if I was a doctor and saw someone fall over, I'd check whether they were ok, and if I needed to, help them back on their feet, never mind if they've broken their leg or just scuffed their knee.

Now you look like you've taken quite the tumble, so all I'm asking is whether you're all right, or if you need a bit of help getting back on your feet."

Not many things could motivate the normally taciturn Jeffrey to speak like that, but on this particular subject...well you could say it came a little close to home as it where. There were still portions of his pyche with locked doors and heavy bolts on, even after all his work.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

On an empirical level, Samuel understood that the weird, terrifying man was just trying to help. And that he probably didn't look like Sam saw him to this guy right here. But Sam was not an empirical man. So all he saw was some scary-looking man coming over here and acting weird and making things worse. He read the note quickly, then looked up as the amnesiac started freaking out, and the scary man trying to fix it. He didn't think about it, he just reacted. "No, nonononono. We don't think you're crazy at all. You're just, uh...missing some memory, it could happen to anyone. Yaknow." Even more so than he might think, if this note was any clue.

"We just want to help you, and he thinks he can. Like he said." He paused. Sam liked helping people, and this guy definitely needed help. And that woman inside, whoever she was, too. Two birds, one stone. He looked up at the woman standing by him. She'd said her name was Sasha, right? "Ah, Sasha, who's this person you know who might, uh, be able to help? I think we should go, uh, see him soon." He passed her the note, trying to inject a slight note of urgency into his voice. Who knew how long they had before the girl inside decided to emerge, and possibly gave this guy a heart attack? Or a stroke? Or whatever other weird psychological/physical reaction he might have?

S
    Sasha

Wow, what a horrible doctor.

“Uh, um.” She was a little stunned at the ‘doc’s’ words to a man he’d never met, but that was the only look on her face; shocked. L’aire didn’t blame Richard for his reaction. Psychologists have a bad rap and considering if they all walked up on the street doing what this jerk did, she could see why. The Dancer felt like the last 10 or 15 minutes trying to coax this guy were just wasted, like a snail curling back into its shell.

The Dancer shook her head and agreed with her counterpart. “No, not at all Richard. I haven’t thought that the entire time we’ve discussed anything.” The Fairest said gently and honestly looking right into the man’s eyes.

The ‘therapist’s’ excuse was pathetic. The Fairest hadn’t ever met a psychologist who’d done so brazen and harsh. L’aire finally read the note that the idiot gave them. “Richard, maybe you and Melvyn could hash out a few more things, talking about stuff may get something to surface?” Smiling kindly to him. “I’m going to go around the corner to talk to this guy.” Her graceful hand indicating the ‘therapist’. “I’ll see if my contact is available too.” Which currently may have been irrelevant, but still, Harvey may be helpful after she talked it over with ‘doc crass’.

Nodding to the Darkling, a small polite grin. “Would you mind a having a word with me around the corner, please?” L’aire said politely, no indication of her irritation.

Ice Law, L'aire, Ice Law.

L
    LittleFox

Aubrey uttered a soft "Oh, thank you." to Jeffrey as he handed her the note, watching him leave before turning to read it quickly. She smiled sadly, folding it and slipping it in her purse before hearing the young woman ask her what it was about. She thought quickly, looking startled for only an instant. "Oh, my friend saw some people he knows standing outside and was letting me know he wouldn't go far. Nothing at all serious."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled sympathetically at the other young woman. "Excuse me for being so rude, miss. I just realized that I have not properly introduced myself. My name is Aubrey, and despite the circumstance, it really is a pleasure to meet you. I'd very much like to help you." She paused to wait for the other woman's response before continuing. "In an effort to help you, may I see the photograph? It may seem strange, but maybe by looking it over more thoroughly, I can discern something more important about the situation?" The Woodwalker attempted to look encouraging as she held her hand out slightly, not overly eager, but simply as a request.

OOC

Sam, L'aire and Jeffrey

Richard listened as each of them spoke, slightly confused by the turn of events. "Uhh, I guess that makes sense," he said in response to Jeffrey, shrugging at the Darkling's words. "I've definitely seen better days..." He let his words trail off, glancing over at Sam for a moment as the Gremlin spoke. "Yeah, can we go see this guy you know?" he said, echoing the Wizened's words as he turned to the Fairest. "If he can help me find her, I'd be forever grateful to him!"

It was clear that Richard had a one-track mind in this case, and he was holding on to the sliver of hope the Dancer had given him. Was it possible that she knew someone that could help them find the girl in the picture? "Sure, I'll hang out with Melvyn over here," he said to the violet-eyed Fairest. "But do let me know if your contact is able to help us." With that, he turned back to face Sam and offered him a half smile.

Aubrey

"Ohh," she said in response, not at all aware of her deception. "If I'm keeping you from your friends...well, I wouldn't want to do that, you know?" There was a mixture of concern and sadness in her voice, as she met the Woodwalker's gaze.

However, the sadness slipped away for a moment as Aubrey introduced herself. "I'm Hannah," she said in response, offering the Wizened a little smile. "It is nice to meet you Aubrey. You seem very nice." Not many people offered to help a complete stranger after all, especially one that likely sounded as crazy as her. "Sure, you can take a closer look if you like," she said, handing the photograph to Aubrey.

"And...thanks for helping me," she added after a brief pause. "I really wish that I could...just find him, you know?"

falls for the lie
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-21 08:09:57 ST rolls 3 to Are you lying to me? (10 Again) 3, 3, 6 failure

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

"Soooo..." Sam was starting to get a little nervous. Before, he hadn't been too worried. They could take their time, figure things out slowly. But now they were a bit more pressed, what with the girl being inside and possibly being about to exit and give this guy a heart attack. His eyes glanced at the entrance to the cafe, uncomfortably keeping an almost-lookout, before returning to the man. He adjusted his sleeves and tie, pulling out his pocketwatch and checking it again. "What...do..you do for a living?" He forced a smile onto his face. He had to look friendly so the guy would leave as soon as Sasha was done with her call.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread