Ended
Watch

Honing Talons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 8 of 19 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Speaking of four on two, how do we want to organize the next round? Five on two? Six on one wouldn't really teach us much, I'm thinking. Maybe Asp and Animus versus everyone else? Oh, and speaking of preparation, gimme a sec here" Avis added, stepping back and turning away so she could chant a quick chant and bless her eyes and her body with sight and protection.

Combined casting of Third Eye and Misperception, +HS
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-22 19:04:46 Avis rolls 7 to combined mage sight+misperception (gnos+mind) (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 9, 8, 9, 3 3 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shaman shakes his head before meeting Asp's eyes with a harrowed gaze. "I was not referring to the fight moments ago. Nonetheless, I am ready."

Flecks of skin peal and flake away, as if in reaction to a particularly bad sunburn. Animus' t-shirt conceals the true result of the process, as developing bruises rapidly vanish entirely.

non-resistant bashing healed by Snake Skin
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-22 23:39:23 [02] Animus rolls 11 to Sta + Ath + Lif - 2 (10 Again) 8, 2, 9, 3, 10, 7, 3, 8, 3, 4, 3, 3 4 successes
    2014-09-22 23:39:23 [01] Animus rolls 11 to Sta + Ath + Lif - 2 (10 Again) 5, 4, 7, 2, 5, 6, 3, 9, 6, 9, 10, 4 3 successes

A glance to Weavebreaker, and a low, mirthless chuckle. "No plan survives contact with the enemy. If your strategy relies on every piece moving perfectly into place, it will collapse under its own weight."

A
    Asp

Asp watched Animus sidelong as his skin flecked away, healing with it his wounds. She'd seen it before. She knew that power, wondered at its nature - there was so much to the elder Shaman that the young Angel didn't know. Not a signature of magic about it, even. It just... was.

Amazing.

When he met her gaze, she nodded. "I know," she said quietly. He had been miles away. That he had prevailed was almost non sequitur.

"Five on two, huh?" She looked to Animus. "I'm up for it."

T

Striker stared back as Animus looked at him, but didn't seem to actually see him, before the answer to his question came slowly out of the other mage. This bloke musta been through some serious stuff to be this messed up. Then he suddenly he caught his cabal-mate's wounds closing out of the corner of his eyes and he looked on in astonishment. This is the real deal mate. Messed up on not, this fella's more than capable. Bugger. Shoulda had my Eyes opened.

Considering Jonokuchi and Weavebreaker's given strategies Striker realised something important. They were in a cabal. They were all Arrows. Yet they hadn't discussed any sort of combat strategies amongst themselves. He'd had no idea what Weavebreaker was planning, and he'd assumed Jonokuchi would charge forward with him like they'd discussed in their Sumo lesson, yet he'd seemed to hang back and Striker wasn't sure what he'd done before he'd gone to help Ephah.

He nodded at Animus' comment regarding strategies and added an affirmative "Fair dinkum." to the end of it.

It looked like they were getting Avis to balance things out. Based on what he'd seen, it seemed about right. But one thing worried him. Asp and Animus were both proficient healers, but he was sure that none of the others on his side had that ability. Maybe Ephah did? Though if he were a Moros it was unlikely.

Seeing that everyone was taken care of, the shaman chanted to finishing closing up the wound in his bared chest.

4 suxx Self Healing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-23 08:27:39 Striker rolls 6 to Self Healing (Gnosis+Life+HS) (10 Again) 9, 8, 3, 10, 4, 10, 6, 2 4 successes

Wounds healed, he addressed his crew. "So if those are the new teams, can anyone else heal other's up? Or am I it? 'Cause I like being on the front line," the Australian's eyes held a gleam, "but if I have to hang back I will. That leaves Jono and Avis at the coal face with me an' Weave on support. Dunno what your specialities are Ephah but I'm sure you know how to make yourself useful. I'll jump in a heal when yous when you need it or lay a strike in when I can. That'll leave you to do your trap thingy Weave, or counter anything they try." He paused, fairly sure he'd covered everything he could think of, but giving himself a chance to catch up. "That fly with everyone?"

M
    Metunoctis

Ephah listened to all of the points brought up in some form of appraising silence. When the new teams were chosen and his had gathered around he shifted the shadows to form an obscuring wall between the two sides.

"You appear to be our lone healer," he addressed Striker, "so I am sorry, but it would seem like you should hold back as support." Having a better understanding of the strategies and skills of those present made this easier. "Weavebreaker, I think you have the right idea, but I'm not sure how well one can disengage from Animus. So we should hide our formation behind this wall, prepare to defend ourselves and let Animus come to us, hoping that the lack of sight will confuse his targeting. Avis, if you can do more to confuse his decision it would be appreciated. Once the conflict has begun I will attempt to do as Asp has suggested and do my best to pin Animus. I don't want you to focus your healing on me if this is successful, Striker, I fully expect to be considered down and out from here, though I may be able to hold him off long enough for Weavebreaker to trap the both of us. That will leave the rest of you time to focus on bringing Asp down before having to deal with Animus. Are there any objections?" The question was asked, and he would accept better parts of a strategy if offered, but the First Talon's tone sounded more like giving orders than discussing strategy.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Here, let me make this easier. Don't resist, please," Avis requested before taking a moment to cast her Mind out in a Net that gently settled over her teammates, bringing them all into instant thought communication.

Ok, there. Now they won't know what we're saying, she thought at them. And I have a slightly different idea. I know I can shut down Animus, at least if I have help. How confident are you, Weave? Or, maybe it should just be Ephah, Weave, and myself on Animus and Jono and Striker on Asp. Or, if you feel up to it, we could put four on Animus and leave Asp to you, Striker. If you can heal you can keep yourself up longer than the rest of us.

3 successes to telepathic network on team Not-Animus
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-23 18:57:21 Avis rolls 3 to mind melding! (mind4+gnosis3-4 targets) (10 Again) 4, 10, 9, 8 3 successes

Telepathy on 5 targets, -4, and with Mind 4 is prolonged duration.

Avis relays responses between everyone, like a translator
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes Forn Clakes, Teeramus liked this post
    A
    Asp

For her part, Asp stood next to Animus and healed herself before they got started, getting Striker's wound gone before they began with a quick, formulaic Imago and a little wrapping motion around her wounded arm. Following that, she tossed up a second spell. There'd been those shadows, flying around. She wanted to not have to rely on her sight if that sort of thing happened again. Being surrounded by shadows and unable to see her targets? That would be bad.

This had been worth it. Already, she'd learned something new. She expanded her senses to feel mammalian life around her.

"I'll follow your lead," she said, a little smile crossing her face. What did that even mean? Animus was a force of nature. She have to do what made sense in the situation, and trust her instincts. She was pretty sure Animus would be doing the same.

1L healed, -1M, 4 potency Sense Life
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-23 20:32:03 Asp rolls 8 to Sense Life (HS) (10 Again) 5, 6, 10, 10, 5, 3, 9, 8, 5, 7 4 successes
    2014-09-23 20:27:44 Asp rolls 10 to Self-Healing (10 Again) 6, 7, 2, 5, 5, 1, 2, 5, 7, 9 1 success

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A curt nod as eyes flick to Asp's tonfa.

Not living. Leaving hardly any impression on the world, at least as the shaman saw it. And yet he'd seen the animistic truth of the world. A spirit for every creature, every flare of emotion, even objects formed of such base matter it didn't register against his Sight.

It might be miniscule, barely subsisting on ambient resonance and completely unaware of its surroundings, but that spirit had a Purpose, a Will.

It simply needed to be reminded of it.

Animus reaches toward his Watchtower, gently nudging the spirit residing within Asp's baton. Every weapon ever made served a singular purpose. With a willing echo, it could strike just a bit faster, with just a touch more force. And with such long odds, they needed every edge they could get.

Coaxing the Spirit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-23 23:11:49 Animus rolls 8 to Gno + Spi - 2 (10 Again) 7, 8, 9, 5, 5, 5, 10, 8, 10, 2 5 successes

Per house rule, CtS' effect is capped by the caster's spirit dots. Asp's next use of her tonfa within this scene is made at a +3 bonus.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Hearing Avis' voice in his head was new but Jonokuchi had felt this telepathy before from his old sensai when he first Awakened. It was a useful tool and the sumo was glad to be involved in his fellow Warlock's Mind trick.

I will go full force without any hesitation, Jonokuchi thought for Avis to translate. I can tie up Animus or Asp. I have confidence in my abilities.

He would let others take the lead. He was a Talon. It was his place.

T

As tingle ran up his spine as he forced himself to allow Avis' spell onto his pattern.

...is she going to cast then. Whoa. What's that? Is she in my head? She's talkin' to me. Ok stop thinkin' about this and concentrate on what she's sayin', no thinkin' to you. Can she hear all this? Man I must sound like an idiot. Umm. AVIS! IT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE DONE TELEPATHY. SORRY IF I'M DOIN' IT WRONG.

It was disturbing hearing her directly in his head but he smiled at her suggestion. He liked this idea even more. Once his mind stopped racing and he stopped shout-thinking at her, Striker replied with his opinion.

Yeah I think I can keep her busy until yous are done with Animus. Take down the biggest threat first? With four of yous on him, should be able to take him down before ya need healin'. If ya desperate maybe Jono can take over Asp for me while I jump to who ever's bleedin' out.

Hanging around at the back of a fight doing nothing seemed about the least enjoyable way to spend a fight to Striker. Another chance to go one on one with Asp. What could be better? Uh. Are you still there Avis?

Page 8 of 19 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
Closed Thread