Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris listens, and chuckles, 'Well, I hate to admit it, but you'll make a fine Carthian if you ask me.' No authority figures, no traditions, no ceremonies, no deep commitment is necessary.

Makes you wonder, why aren't we all Carthians?

When Emma speaks of her creation, and the destruction thereof, the Hierophant looks somewhat compassionate. He assumes Emma was really a mother in her life. He makes no further comments, she only asked what he valued from the Circle.

'But if there's no good fit, nothing you feel connected to, I suppose that's nothing bad. The presupposed rivalry between covenants is not always a good thing to get caught up in between. And your connection is with the Domain, something we all share,' he seems appreciative of that idea.
    'I hope the dangers you protect us from are not too worrisome? Sometimes I feel bad for having left the Domain.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Emma French

PRE

"Funny you should say that. When I first came to the domain almost 3 years ago, I met a man who was deciding if he wanted to join the Carthians. I like some of the ideals he said they had. But since I've been here, I have seen that group struggle to take hold. But then the Circle almost died out at one point also."

His talk about connections got her thinking, "Maybe that is what is really wrong with me is that I feel so connected to the domain in general I may feel if I join just one group I will feel like I am dismissing or disregarding the other groups. Kind of like when one religious group says only the people who believe like they do will be saved by god and the other groups are heathens. Yet The other religions believe almost exactly the same and believe in the same one god. The whole concept is crazy to me. I think I almost prefer to support everyone in their beliefs equally."

Emma's eyes darkened a little. "There are so many dangers out there. It is quite worrisome. People go missing and things being what they are it is hard to know if it is because the individual has moved on or if foul play was involved. But you shouldn't feel bad for leaving. Sometimes you need to get some distance to get perspective."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I'm afraid I can't disagree on that. I'm so happy that the Circle is, well, a Circle again.' Chris smiles as he thinks about it. And there's no need to say more about the Carthians. There's nothing wrong with them, but in Sacramento they're just cursed.

When Emma speaks about interactions between religious groups, he cannot help but chuckle. 'Yeah a lot of religions share the same ideas. That is actually the reason why I was non-religious before the Embrace. But, well, "seeing is believing" in some sense. The existence of vampires requires an explanation, for me, as does Cruac. For that same reason, I will never deny that there is a strong force behind the Lancea Sanctum. But I believe that Kindred have existed as long as humanity itself, the Crone is therefore superior - for me. And I'm not sure about the concepts of heaven and hell, or anything comparable. We all want to be on this planet for as long as possible, which is why our immortality is a gift. What comes after, that's just a mystery. But hey, there have never been religious conflicts between Acolytes and Sanctified during my time in this Domain.'

He nods, 'That is always the question, yes, though only newer people move on without saying a word - usually. I think most officials are still around, right? Yes, except for Twist. I haven't been around long enough to notice much else.' He thinks about that for a moment. Herald became Seneschal, the previous Seneschal had left. Everything seems right.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Emma French

PRE

Emma thought about what he said before responding, "It is interesting that you consider the state of our being a gift. Some consider it a curse. I once heard that giving man death was the gift." If I could just remember who said that. "Not everyone was given the choice to be who we now are. There was a time when I felt like this was the worst of all curses. It was my private purgatory. Most days I feel like I have the gift of time. Time to make a difference, time to learn, time to explore. I have learned to relax more and help where I can. But I have also learned that every choice has a consequence and death can't make the problems go away." Emma sipped her tea, "I have also seen many kindred suffer from megalomania or even a god complex." She shakes her head. "God-like complexes frequently happen with doctors, but when you don't die normally and heal like we do, well kindred start to think they are indestructible. And I am sure you have seen the power obsessed around the domain. It's crazy." Emma smiles at Chris. "I know you don't have either of these things, but take care not to let the powers of the Circle get to you and change who you are. I think you can do a lot of good for many people just by being who you are."

5. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

The Hierophant shrugs, 'I have to think that, I don't want to sit around sipping and sulking all day, thinking about how I'm cursed. I wasn't given a choice to become a Kindred, but now I'm glad. We can know so much more about the world we live in, isn't that alone amazing? We have gifts that make us stronger and wiser, we have more time to reach our goals, and yes, we feed from other people. But there are ways to deal with that without being a complete monster.' He's not saying life is perfect, and yes, he has killed - it doesn't feel good. But there are people far worse than the average vampire. He can see the advantages without thinking he's a god.

'Well,' he smiles back at Emma, 'I really won't have a god complex for as long as new arrivals meet their final death at Court, with a single struck, every now and then. Besides, I have nearly been on the brink of death, enough times actually. I know we're vulnerable like anyone else.'

Emma French

PRE

"Oh, I didn't mean to imply you had the complex, but it is easy enough for us to forget we aren't gods. I suppose the final end displays are good as a reminder." She considers a thought, " I am glad I am now who I am. The things I have seen and the changes in the world have been incredible for sure." Emma sits back and sips her tea.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'That is good to hear.' Chris is sincere when he says that. 'I believe that people who have made peace with who and what they are will remain sane much longer. Having a god-complex is one thing, being sad and angry while have your god-complex, that's very dangerous.'

He leans back, relaxing even more. 'Had I already said that I'm glad we could meet? It is good to just sit and talk sometimes.' The Hierophant hardly talks with kine, save some of the herd at the farm. 'That is, when I'm not keeping you from your work? I don't think I can be of much help here, but I know the city well enough to do some patrolling around?' To help with her other job, being Deputy. But Chris has no idea how many Kindred are currently on surveillance duty.

Emma French

PRE

Emma chuckled at the thoughts of a sad angry god-complex being. "Yes angry gods are not much fun." Then her smiled warmed, "I know what you mean. I am not a very social person so I never really just sit and chat. It is a bit strange for me. I never was a chatter when I was traveling way back when either. I will keep you in mind when we have a need for increased patrols. For now if you could just keep an eye out for anything unusual or maybe even slightly off or out of the ordinary that would be helpful." Emma didn't really know what the patrolling schedule was and she didn't want to step on any toes having someone else out and about without permission. Emma glanced at her desk and the paperwork sitting on it. All she really had was some supply ordering and to check all the cooler drawers. "You must be very busy at the farm getting things back up and running."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'That would be great. I may have left town every now and then, but I'm still involved in Domain matters. I'll keep an eye out.' Chris nods, serious and sincere as can be. It may not be a promise, but it feels like it. Things are going well with the Circle. Now the Circle needs to be good for the Domain.

Thinking that, he notices Emma staring at her work. Time to go maybe? 'Yeah, but I don't do it on my own... still, maybe I should head back.'

He leans forward, about to rise from his seat. 'Thank you for seeing me, I'll keep you updated on open celebrations.'

Sorry for the delay, feel free to close the scene

Emma French

PRE

"I should get back to work. Thank you for the visit and I will try and make an open celebration soon." At the very least she will now have a better working knowledge of what they do. Emma walked Chris to the door and gave him a quick friendly hug. "Let me know if I can help in anyway." It was good to see the more settled mature man he had become. He was truly a pleasure to talk with. Emma smiled in a satisfied manner.

close scene. Great scene Thank you very much!!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread