Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Invictus) Undertaking the Oath

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer has presented Lady Au pair Sage with a formal invitation to attend 'the Flower Shop' at 9 P.M. the evening after her 'ressurection'. The Flower shop is set with two comfortable cushioned straight backed chairs. The low coffee table that was present for the Nosferatu meet is now covered with a hand written journal some twenty years old, some fresh high qaulity stationary and two crystal decanters. The wine bottle that Master Galloway had gifted Jennifer sits beside the decanters.

"Lady Au Pair," Jennifer greets upon Daniella's arrival.
    "Please, come in. Please take a seat and make yourself comfortable." Jennifer is wearing an emerald colored sheath dress- a perfect 'little black dress'. She has dressed up the outfit with a shimmering champagne colored metal necklace that cuffs her entire neck and matching dangling earrings. She wears caramel colored pumps. Jennifer remains standing until the Lady has taken a seat.

"Thank you for coming. I feel that learning this Oath is vital for our Invictus. Honestly, it ought to have been done years ago.." Jennifer shakes her head."Yet with the Right Honorable Twist presiding over many of our things, she and the other senior Invictus were able to properly maintain our skeleton. Now have you ever witnessed a Blood Oath being performed?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella is prompt and on time for the meeting. To be honest, she was looking forward to sitting down with Jennifer.

“Madame Notary Hazelton,”she replied, with a bow of respect, “Thank you for the invitation.” She says, making her way into the shop. “I must say, that is a striking dress and the color suits you perfectly.” She stated as she did as instructed and takes a seat. Her attire is a little different this evening, as she is wearing black dress pants with a indigo colored silk shirt. Her long hair is secured in a low ponytail at the base of her neck.

“I couldn’t agree more. I am very pleased you have taken the steps to assure each of the members learn the Oath.”Daniella says with a nod of her head.

“Unfortunately, my Sire did a good job at keeping me out of the inner workings of the Invictus. Only allowing me to learn and observe what he felt was important.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Thats unfourtanate." Jennifer said in regards to Daniella's sire. "My own was not even Invictus. I have always felt a bit... behind... having to learn from my GrandSire's journals and others. I feel that it would have been much better to have been blooded." jennifer shrugged.

"It can't be helped, sadly. " Jennifer reached for her worn journal.
    "This is my Oath journal. I've collected the tales of oaths from cities in order to formulate Oaths that would benefit our estate. This is one of the Oaths that all swearing it must learn. I assure you, it can be learned in a single night." Jennifer smiles.
    "The wording of the oath is very important. We will be speaking this Oath one after another before the assembled Invictus. It will be just like out last meeting, except now instead of a symbolic Oath with honor as the Binding, now the mystical oath will be infused with power. Power that you will learn for this Oath. You remember the last Oath that we spoke." Jennifer stated conversationally.

"Would you be comfortable swearing that Oath again? Were you confident that it was to the benefit of the First estate? I ask because as an accomplished Lady of the Invictus, I invite you to truly study the Oath. You know what's best for you and have made such valuable contributions to the First estate."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“Some had the good fortune of a kind Sire, I was not one of them.” There was obvious some history there, but Daniella did not elaborate unless asked. “How interesting, if I am not getting too personal, how did you come to decide upon the Invictus?” she asked.

Her eyes drift to the worn journal as Jennifer described what it contained.

The thought of swearing an Oath again didn’t bother her. She had no intentions of betraying the First Estate.

“I remember it quite well.” She replied with a nod. “And would have no issues about swearing that Oath again.” No one would ever be able to question where the Au Pair’s loyalties were.

“I also have every confidence in the benefit of swearing such an Oath. It serves as a benefit to both the Invictus and those within it. And I welcome the chance to study it. On the mention of studying the Oath, how does one go about such a task?” she asked.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"The tuteledge that I was subjected to for the first few months of my Danse was focussed on the Nosferatu family. I was a 'page' of sorts, completing errands and tasks for my elders. My Sire was wholly devoted to Family and felt that joining an organization split loyalties. It was not until I met my Grand Sire Lady Notary Ward that I was appraised of what the First Estate accomplished in a city and how I could benefit from the meritocracy. My Sire never truly accepted my decision to join the Invictus; but I had Lady Notary Ward's encouragement. I learned through her for some months, learning of what was required of a Page of the Invictus. I moved to Sacramento and joined the First estate by being sponsored by Triumvir." Jennifer smiles. "That was when we met. My Grand Sire informed me that a Lady was nearing eclipse; and so I departed for St. Louis. It was there that I learned two additional Oaths that I hope will further our First Estate in Sacramento. I regrett leaving this city and leaving Los Tigres and Triumvir behind. I was quite shocked to see that niether was here upon my return." Jennifer admitted sadly.

"Learning the Oath is more about learning oneself." Jennifer admitted. "A Notary uses the power of the blood to mystically infuse the Vitae into a binding agreement. In some oaths, there is a physical or spiritual blow for breaking an Oath. Nearly all of them have little fail safes invoked within so that the Regnant and Notary can tell when someone has broken a vow. For this Oath, you will draft two copies- both in Vitae. You will focus solely on your dedication to the Invictus as you write the Oath in your own Vitae. You will force yourself, your dedication... and then I can aid in activating the mystical properties. Then I inspect both parchments for accuracy and to ensure that the Oath was properly infused."
    Jennifer explains.

Jennifer flicks through pages of her Oath journal to a certain page. Jennifer extends the journal to Daniella, indicating for her to read the page. Upon the page in a steady print was the oath that all had sworn at the last meeting. The names of those who had sworn -along with the date - had been recorded.

"We will practice." Jennifer states. "To ensure that all goes smoothly for the ceremony. Please write the Oath upon this stationary with a pen. When you sign, focus all of your engergies upon your devotion to the first estate."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She listened as Jennifer talked of her Sire and her journey into the First Estate. Part of her felt a little jealous, only being able to imagine what it would have been like to have a Sire devoted to something or someone besides himself and his greed.

“What an interesting journey.” She said when Jennifer finished her tale. “Thank you for sharing it with me.”

As the talk turned towards the Oath and what it entailed, she listened intently.

She accepted the notebook and read over the Oath she had already sworn to. Swearing to it again was not an issue for her.

Picking up a pen, she begins to write out the Oath. Her handwriting was an elegant cursive, and something that had been well practiced and honed over the years.

When it came time to sign, she pauses. Closing her eyes, she imagines all her energy and dedication she felt towards the First Estate flowing into her hand and then into the pen. She then opened her eyes and signed her name.

She then sits back, awaiting Jennifers critique. Eager to learn if she had done it correctly, and if not, what she could do to improve.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Very good." Jennifer praises."The most difficult part of an Oath is the language. I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me quite a few drafts to settle on this one. The most noticeable thing you will notice is the clause here."She points to a section that Daniella had written out.

'given express permission by Prince Asa Clarke personally to do so.'
    Jennifer elaborated. "This is in regards to the tasks that his Grace, Alder Prince Clarke set before us. Such as your personal mandate against teaching your Gift; when you so graciously extended the offer to teach me. Although I'm not of your Blood, I appreciate that you will help me further my understanding of the Oaths. In this, you are wholly covered in your Honor."

Jennifer smiles.
    "I think you are ready, Lady Au Pair Sage. If you do not object, I would like you to be the first to swear this before the assembled. When you swear for real, this entire parchment will be written in your own Vitae. There will be two copies. I advise you partake well before the next meeting. When we swear, you will write the signature on each parchment- then will it into a contract. I shall do the same. This is how the mystical contract will form.
    Do you have any questions? "

For reference-
    I, [name]; [lineage (if known)]; of the line [Clan];, swear allegiance to the First Estate.
    With my blood as the ink, and my word and honor as the bonding glue for this document of agreement, I do so swear to this document and it’s intended function. So long as I hunt within the territory of Sacramento, in the state of California, I shall be bound to the terms of agreement written hereby in this document from henceforth:

I shall swear to pledge my loyalty to the First Estate of Sacramento; to honor the tenants of the First Estate. I shall not divulge the plans of the First Estate, reveal any details relating to those plans, or repeat conversations of, to anyone who is not a known member of the Invictus.

I, and all retainers beholden to me, shall endeavor to maintain the laws of the Invictus. I shall swear to uphold all future laws that His Grace, Prince Asa Clarke; he who holds praxis over Sacramento, deems fit in his infinite wisdom to declare. Willingly allowing, or willingly ignoring, a breach of the Laws of His Excellency, the Prince Asa Clarke, will constitute a violation of this document, unless given express permission by Prince Asa Clarke personally to do so.

In the event that I am forced to act against this oath by supernatural compulsion, then said actions do not constitute a violation of this oath. However, I shall resist any such attempt with all effort and not willingly or knowingly submit to any such supernatural effect, as such would constitute a violation of this oath. Should such compulsion be forced upon me, or I suspect such is imminent, I shall immediately leave when able so long as my life is not in danger and notify my sponsors or the Invictus’ most senior in prestige, of the supernatural compulsion, what was spoken of and whom was present when it was afflicted upon me.

All this I do hereby swear to.

Signature
    _______________ Date ________

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella lowers her eyes to read again the clause Jennifer has pointed out.

“It will be an honor to teach you, I wish to see you successful in your role as Notary."she responds with a smile.

There was a gentle shake of her head,“I would not mind at all.” She replied. “I will also make sure I am completely prepared for the expenditure of Vitae.”She always made sure she was well prepared each evening. The Danse was a dangerous thing, and one never knew what they would face on a nightly basis.

“I currently have no questions, you have explained everything well and clearly. I do hope this Oath brings the Invictus together more, I want to see us all thrive.” Well, some more than others, but that wasn’t important.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Spectacular," Jennifer smiled. "- thank you for setting the example, Lady Au Pair. I am very pleased that you've made the step. Thank you for your support." Jennifer said sincerely, leaning towards the other woman. "Your support has been invaluable."

Closed Thread