Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Harold's Invitation to the Prince

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    W
    Walker

Harold finished the letter and interrogated the letter for any sign of fault while he waited for the ink to dry on the paper. He then neatly folded the invitation in two and slid it carefully into it's envelope. He turned it over and with a delicacy and poise unusual for such thick and heavy hands wrote Duke Clarke on the back of the envelope. Then he capped and laid down his pen, pausing in thought before of the large vase of flowers that stood on his desk, musing over the message he hoped to send with them. He decided after a few minutes lost in thoughts that he might as well go all out, summoning a valet and commanding him to prune a small sprig of ivy off the wall of the mansion and bring it to him. Once that was done he enclosed the greenery in a silken handkerchief, making sure to leave the delicate tendrils intact, and enclosed it within the letter. He sealed the envelope, and after a final check for any percived imperfection, summoned Matthew down from the kitchen and commanded him to take this to the hand's of the Duke's ghoul.

The letter read:

To His Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento, Prince of the Domain,

I would be most honored if you would attend a dinner party I am hosting for the benefit of the Sacremento Invictus. Your attendance would be an unsurmountable gift to me and the evening. I assure that only the finest forms of sustenance will grace the table, and only the finest of Sacremento's Kindred shall sit at it. Should you deign to accept this invitation, the address of the venue is 1304 39th St, and the dress code is semi-formal. The first course will commence at 11 O'Clock on [Date]. You are under no obligation to come, though I can promise an evening like no other should you humour me with your attendance.

I remain, Sir, your faithful and obedient servant,

Mister Thorne

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

A letter is returned, in exquisite calligraphy.

Mister Thorne,

His Grace will not be attending your dinner. He thanks you for extending the invitation and expresses his well wishes for the event.

On behalf of Alder Duke Clarke, of House Millar, Prince of the Domain and Judex of the Invictus,
    his servant, Cozette Muriel

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.