Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Since our official meeting closed so suddenly for continuity's sake, there are still a few things to discuss! If everyone agrees, maybe we can say that our Kindred exchanged contact information. Chris has invited you all to come to the Crone Farm again (after Court, of course). He wants to discuss a few matters, like personal information and personal believes. Also, if you wish, you should think about a "role" you wish to play in the Circle (CotC p. 45).
    Yumyumcrow , I suppose Dirge and/or Gunnar could be here if you have the time, but it's not necessary.
    And we should do Status after this!

It still feels strange to be Hierophant of a Circle he hardly knows, but Chris is determined to make this work, and to make the Circle great again. In his absence from Sacramento, he spoke to an old friend, his mentor, an acolyte he deems spiritually superior to himself. With her guidance, he got new inspiration for the Circle in Sacramento. And... some other plans.

Because electing a Hierophant is enough business for one night, many things remained unsaid during their last meeting. Therefor Chris has invited his fellow acolytes. Sinead Lovekin , former High Priestess of a burned Temple in Yarmouth. Through tribulation, she came to Sacramento. The Goddess forged her path, she appears to spiritually developed, Chris expects her to have her own view on things. From the few moments they had, he thinks that the opposite is true for Notaku , the imposing man is mysterious in his own way, but also inexperienced. Still, the Hierophant may learn a great deal from him, for he has never been in touch with Native American rituals. It is something to look forward to. Then Edwin Bridges , yeah, he's going to make this Circle rock. A man of few words, but one who has great confidence. The Mekhet wants to know more about this guy, definitely.

He sits at the head of a large rough wooden table in one of the bigger rooms of the farm, ten people could easily sit around it. Dimmed lights give the room a warm atmosphere. Far sounds of the kine surrounding the farm can still be heard in the night. Chris is not wearing anything special, he almost never does.

Maybe I should think about that?

As Hierophant, you can justify quite the eccentric fashion choices. Tonight he chose for something simple, with the usual black jeans and suede desert boots. So he waits, much like any man of his apparent age, with his phone in his hands...
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post

Neither socks nor shoes were settled on her clearly bared feet that evening as Sinead donned the dress that Martha had been lent. She felt a little bit playful, and the dress being returned had made her quite partial to having an opportunity to wear it, so this gathering seemed as though it was precisely the right moment.

"Hierophant," she greeted cheerfully as she made her way into the room, stepping up behind the seat to his left with a pleasant smile. "How do you fare this evening? Well, I hope." Had he not been preoccupied with his celluar phone, she would have greeted him more appropriately for their family, but she offered the contraption a bare pout for only half a moment. She didn't sit, however, and while she hardly expected the Hierophant to stand and pull out her chair for her, she would still wait for permission to sit, at the very least.

She wasn't entirely certain what this meeting was meant to entail entirely... perhaps there was a ritual to share in? Regardless, she had the opportunity to spend more time with the local Acolytes, and that was a thing of utmost importance to her. Bonding with the local Circle. Her new home. Her new family.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

4. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

When he received the call, Edwin grinned and girded himself. Dressing in faded denim jeans with necessary rips, black boots, a black Iron Maiden tee and his leather jacket over the top, the Lord's hair was gelled just right and his various piercings on full glory.

He was also carrying a large black case that held all the tools of his trade.

Entering the Farm's building, Edwin paused to take in the place, having spent the entirety of the official gathering outside. Sure, the result hadn't gone to plan but he wasn't that bitter. It was just bad timing. How in Hel should he had known that just as a Crone gathering was called, the first Crone gathering that he had known about since arriving in Sac-Town, just so happened to coincide with the return of its previous Hierophant.

Shit happens. Roll the dice, move on.

"Hey," Edwin grinned, preparing to feel his Beast scream out in the familiar Axl Rose style. Loud and fast and very high-pitched. Like claws down a chalkboard. But when there was nothing, the grin grew into an appreciative nod. "Ya know, a lot of good folk around here know that trick, right? The one to mask your howling friend inside? Shucks, I feel left out," he chuckled.

"Hierophant, congratulations on your appointment. Better man and all that," Edwin offered to Chris as he placed the case on the floor and removed his jacket, dropping it atop the case to reveal two arms covered in tattoos, his tone honest and light. His hazel eyes took in Sinead. He offered another dip of the head. "Miss Lovekin, everytime we cross paths, you look lovelier and lovelier. I pray you are both well?"
    Scenes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

As soon as the Mekhet hears footsteps nearby, he puts his phone away. He looks up and sees the wonderfully eerie Sinead, in, wow, what a dress. He never expected to see someone wear that again. 'Miss Lovekin! Or may I call you Sinead?' He kindly asks, clearly in a cheerful mood. 'Oh quite well, yes, thank you. You look wonderful tonight.' He rises from his seat and makes a polite bow with his head.

He repeats the respectful gesture when the Ventrue steps inside, 'Ah, Mr Bridges, I concur that it takes away some excitement from large gatherings. Who knows, maybe you'll get to meet my blood-crazed alter ego someday. But to let the whole Domain know of my power would ruin the big surprise, you know, of the moment we overthrow other Covenants.' He casually shrugs, the Mother of all Kindred happens to be on their side, after all. Then he grins, 'Thank you, and we'll get to the business of more appointments later tonight. Don't worry.'

He points towards the wooden chairs near to him with an open hand, 'Please, take a seat. These chairs are remarkably comfortable. I don't know who made them, but it's true craftsmanship.' The farm has a history, it's visible everywhere.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Sinead smiled a warm greeting to Edwin, offering a little curtsy at his entrance. "You honour me with such words, Mister Bridges, I thank you very much. I am superbly well."

Her gaze turned to the Hierophant again as she smiled warmly as she shook her head. "Sinead, please. My preference is Sinead. I cannot recall what my family name is, and I would prefer that the name used is one that I know belongs to me. I adopted a family name for the sake of dealing with Invictus propriety," she remarked cheerfully, before moving to take a seat where she'd been standing, near enough to the Hierophant for her own comfort as she rather happily tucked her ankles over one another and to the side.

"Have we particular reasons for gathering tonight?" she inquired cheerfully, "Or is this a social gathering, entirely? I'm afraid it's been a terribly long time since I didn't simply live with the Acolytes of the city, this is taking time to get used to!"
    Former Player of:

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin chuckled at Chris' words, finding the new Hierophant a pleasant enough guy who could make a self-deprecating joke. Always a good sign. Taking the seat, Edwin was actually quite surprised at how comfy they were. "Damn, you're not wrong," the Lord chuckled, resting his tattooed hands on the table.

Listening to Sinead's explanation of her surname, Edwin had to appreciate the woman's honesty, something he swore by. "Well, if everyone is comfortable with it, call me Edwin, or Eddie. Either or, really."

At mention of the reason of the gathering, the Lord drummed his fingers on the table. "Don't worry, if conversation lulls, I brought along my tattoo gun for anyone interested," he grinned, obviously serious. "And the best thing about Kindred tattoos? If you don't like it, or it goes wrong, it can go away the very next night!" the Lord added with a laugh.
    Scenes

C
    C_Lloyd

Notaku faithfully answered the summons of his Hierophant, arriving in handcrafted leathers, tailored to fit someone of his size and stature.

"Hierophant, Brother, Sister, " he said smiling as he approached, barely revealing a flash of teeth. His gaze traveled to each of them, settling briefly longer upon Sinead than the others. "It is nice to see you again. What is the occasion for this gathering?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris gives Sinead an understanding nod, 'That is good to know, Sinead. Also that you think properly before dealing with Invictus, many Kindred have made mistakes in this Domain - not always with a fortunate ending.' It's a sad fact, but it should not spoil the mood.

So he laughs, 'Well Eddie, I might call you Edwin for the near future. But if we get acquainted some more I definitely won't forget.' Chris frowns when Edwin says he brought his tattoo gun. Cool! 'I might take you up on that offer, rather sooner than later. To have some symbols on my body before a ritual, or a fight, or whatever feels appropriate, would be nice to try out.' He could see himself with celtic war symbols before a good mission, or for one of those Regency duels that happen every now and then.

Yeah. And so a new outfit-line is born.

'Ah, Notaku, how good to see you. Please join us,' he takes a seat again. The Hierophant leans back in his chair, 'Yes, the purpose of this small gathering. Most importantly, we should get to know each other. So please call me Chris, or just Hierophant, it's fine. Whatever feels natural. This is almost entirely a social meeting,' he says with a smile to Sinead. 'But as I said at our previous meeting, I think everyone here can fulfill his own role within our Circle. Next on the agenda is an idea for an initiation ritual, and I want honest opinions. If everything is covered, we can brainstorm on how to "befriend" the unaligned.' Smirk.

"Notaku," Sinead greeted with a cheerful smile to the other, before chuckling lightly at 'Eddie' and then offering a peculiar look to Chris. That... felt better. More like family.

Leaning a little forward and resting her chin on the back of her hands, Sinead smiled politely at Chris' statement, though there was something else - a glint of something - in her eyes. "... Befriending the unaligned? Please. Do direct me towards them. I think you'll find I have a natural penchant for inspiring faith," her lips quirked lightly.

Of course, the joke had too often been made that spending a few hours yelling 'oh god oh god oh god' from a bed was clearly not the same as praying... she'd argue, however, that it was a fantastic gateway.
    Former Player of:

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

When the towering Savage joined them at the Farm, Edwin's Beast started to spit and hiss in anger, rearing itself up for a fight. He could feel it arching its back, already making itself bigger. It took all of the Lord's control not to swell his muscles also.

"Hey," Edwin nodded by way of welcome, hazel eyes taking in the Native American. Finally he looked back towards Chris and then Sinead. A grin.

"Inspiring others is something we have in common then," he said, the grin still present. "As for the Unaligned, it seems that there are relative few, at least that I have met. When I first arrived, I was told that Doc French was a member of the Circle but when I met her, she had decided to take her leave. Perhaps now we have grown in number again, she could be approached again."
    Scenes

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread