Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Gulag Scene 6

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jennifer Hazelton

A subterranean concrete structure, the so-called “gulag” was originally built as a warehouse for various state public works projects and expanded for use as a fallout shelter during the early 1960s. From the outside, it’s nothing more than a rusted heavy steel door attached to a box made of mortared cinder blocks about five feet wide, seven
    feet high, and ten feet long sitting along a seldom-used dirt road, near some disused railroad tracks.

Everything out here is overgrown. Weeds cling to the walls of the tiny building, obscuring it almost completely from sight. The road is nothing more than two grooves of dirt among the undergrowth. A rusty chain link fence surrounds the area, sporting a badly faded sign that declares: “NO TRESPASSING – POLICE TAKE NOTICE.”

The most troublesome barrier is a heavy padlock that seals the gulag. As the door itself is steel, there is no doubt that breaking open this padlock will be the only way into the building. To those with experience in fighting, they may immediately notice that the door is also a choke point - an easy way to get locked in or have their exit barred. The stairs likely descend into a small space; another poor area for confrontation. If they wish to rescue Diane - who has been missing for nearly an hour, now - they must proceed. Quickly. Chen had disclosed that the Sheriff, the Deputy and that mysterious fellow have been alerted to your presence.

If Jodie wishes to set up with the van, she hits a choice immediately. The curving dirt road and the overgrown area means that her line of sight at the Gulag ends about 60 feet from the Gulag. Will she park there, knowing that the van may stick out in order to have the best line of sight? Or should she pull off road into some cover of trees and pray that the dirt has good traction for getting out - and that the same cover that conceals her won't hinder a shot?

Cross Cayce Djinn Justin

Please post in if you are at the Gulag. 36 hours without a post will have your character removed from the Gulag scene.

Her expression was one of frustration over the thought, but she managed to shake it off. Cover. Being in an obvious place would put the others in danger, as well, and could lead to compromising her particular position and purpose. She didn't trust herself in her condition to go climbing a tree and thus leave the others with the van, and that decision was promptly made.

"I'm gonna pull off, here, try and conceal myself and the van in cover," she stated quietly to the others, "If I stay out and obvious, it won't be as much assistance to you guys..."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

C
    Cross

Alistair nodded, checking his weapons and vest. "Stay safe. The rifle's in the back with a suppressor and all the ammo you could want. Just screw it into the end." A couple hundred yards, a silencer and cover to boot? She was going to be fine. "Plan time, then. Daveed, MacGreuder, let's hit the place hard and fast as we can, shall we? Harris, cover the entrance, please. Holler if anything crazy is going on." He swept around with the thermal goggles, checking the bunker and the surrounding area.

He prayed there was one heat signature.

He prayed it was the missing woman's.

Djinn - Mechanically, the rifle is a Remington Model 700 series with a suppressor. Damage 4L (9 again), 2 strength required, 5 shots in total before a reload is required.

2 sux to PER the area with goggles
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-12 17:29:38 Alistair Smith rolls 6 to PER+1 (Gulag Area) with BINOCULARS! (10 Again) 1, 9, 1, 7, 10, 5, 2 2 successes

J
    Justin

Sam nodded to Alistair. "I'll cover the entrance, sure."

I can handle watching their backs, he reassured himself as he drew his knife, this time making sure that he is ready before-hand.

"If you signal to me when you're ready, I could wave to our friendly sniper here and see if she can't get the van in close for a quicker getaway." He quirked an eyebrow toward Alistair. "What do you think?"

Tal
    Tal

"We're going to need some way to get rid of that lock. Do you have anything big enough to do that?" Tal asked, looking to Jodie.

I believe Mac has disappeared and is no longer with us. Is this false?
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jodie looked to Tal at her question, wrinkling her nose for a moment before sighing and shaking her head. "Afraid not. Most of my stuff is VFX more than anything, and I'm afraid the lock-cutters I have are at work at the moment." Because sometimes you just needed to snip a big bolt of metal. And she had to do that a lot more often than people might think.

She took a swig of her water, before giving a little grin to Sam, and moving to fetch the rifle from the back. "You better be happy I'm a friendly sniper and all," she quipped, wincing a little as she dug around before beginning to piece the gun together. Oh boy. Long barrels. It had been a little while!
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Jennifer Hazelton

Alistair sees two dim, pink shapes in the Gulag. They are lying close together and very still. With the overlapping shapes, he is certain that he is looking at two forms - some distance down in the ground. A basement of some sort, perhaps. A bunker. There isn't much detail - he must presume that there is a great amount of concrete in between him and his quarry.

J
    Justin

Sam hesitated before addressing the others.

"I can handle the lock. That might actually work best, since I should be opening the door for you guys anyways."

If this backfires, of course, I'll get a quick death.

"You guys just shouldn't look when I'm doing it, because it might hurt your eyes, and we need you both fully functional for this."

He nodded and gave himself a steadying breath. "Alright guys, let's do this," he said as he opened the van door.

Tal
    Tal

"Long as you can do it, I don't care how," Tal replied, following Sam out of the van. She slipped the pistol out of her waistband and made sure it was in stage 1: safety off and bullet in the chamber. She was better with knives, sure, but unless something was right in front of you, a gun was better. Especially when a potentially blood-loss addled, civilian playing at sniper had your back. She definitely wanted there to be some distance between her and whatever Jodie was shooting at.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

C
    Cross

Alistair prepared his weapons, putting his goggles down. "Two live bodies inside, laying side by side. I'm not sure if it's people or dogs. Get to it if you -- wait, what? Why would it hurt our eyes...?"

Still, the Brit looked away, getting set to move his ass down the stairs once the door was breached.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread