THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley sat in the Java Lounge, in the loudest, most comfortable chair he could find. Still in his customary black, baggy, jeans and Metal T-Shirt, he struck a discordant chord with the ambience of the coffee house. Not that it mattered to him. Furled sunglasses hanging from his collar, legs splayed, the rocker idly flipped through the newspapers and magazines he had purloined as he ordered his drink. His free hand idled away tapping beats on the arm of his seat.

Decent coffee. Intellectual stimulation. It served to while away his time. When he wasn't reading, he was testing his vision through the prism of the Space Arcanum. (At least he was a fixed point, this time. The last time he had gotten lost on a main road and he remembered plainly seeing his car in front of him; admittedly, he'd been drinking as well: maybe alcohol and Space don't go well together.) It remained to be seen if he could stretch out a few hours in the good name of the Concilium.

Behind his veneer in insolence and daring, the Acanthus idly wondered if his attempted message had reached the Orders (messages sent to key holdings that he knew off, cryptically worded). A Herald was placing themselves out in the open, should any member of the Charter wish to stop by and chat. About anything. Crowley had come to the opinion that the last incarnation of the Consilium had perceived of as being barely there at all, and he wanted to change that perception. That meant bodies on the ground.

This was the first step.

Cast at home:
      failed Sight with Time
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-04 08:08:38 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 4, 2, 6, 6 failure
      Temporal Dodge activate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-04 08:08:58 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 3, 3, 10, 3, 8 2 successes
      Space Sight activate, -1 Mana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-04 08:09:30 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Space 2 (10 Again) 8, 8, 2, 4 2 successes

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Cast at home
       4suxx supernal vision, 4suxx Organic Resilience
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-05 11:01:21 Sylvan rolls 8 to cast Organic Resilience [Gnosis 3 + Life 3 + HS] (10 Again) 10, 8, 7, 1, 6, 8, 5, 8, 3 4 successes
    2014-09-05 10:59:45 Sylvan rolls 10 to cast supernal vision [Wits 3 + Occult 2 + Prime 2 + Rote Spec + HS] (10 Again) 9, 1, 5, 9, 4, 8, 8, 6, 5, 4 4 successes

Sylvan entered the Java Lounge smiling, excited to have the opportunity to have the chance to meet other mages in the area. His few encounters have been with Mystagogues so far, and he was more than curious as to what other orders were represented with Sacramento.

He came prepared for a long day, his backpack strapped securely and comfortably on his back, dressed in a white tee and athletic shorts. Upon entering, he scanned the area to see if he could spot any other mages. Of course Crowley stood out like a sore thumb, and not just to the supernal vision of the Mystagogue.

It's like he wanted to be spotted. Clever.

The Shaman ordered a cup of coffee - straight and black, and proceeded to take a seat across from the Herald. "Good Morning, " he said in greeting. "Enjoying your magazines?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

At first he pretends not to notice the other man, then his eyes flick up.

A beat.

Sparklies. So this was it!

Closing the 'zine and putting it down, Crowley replied: "Morning. Just something to read. Passing the time, you know. At least... it beats reading the papers. Do you actually believe half of what they say?"

He reached for his cup.

"You looking for somebody, friend?"

C
    C_Lloyd

"Yeah..."

Shit.

He hoped there wasn't some sort of secret protocol he missed in the messages as how to identify himself as an ally. But he had to make progress somehow.

"Yeah...I'm supposed to be meeting someone, but it's sort of a blind situation. Set up through mutual friends, but never actually met the person, you know? I'm with the Museum crew.""

Hopefully that would give the Herald some indication of his background.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Museum crew? They're good people."

Crowley nodded. Then offered his hand. Time to put it on the line and see if his messages had gotten through.

"Sorry. Manners. Name's Crowley. I'm the guy who got saddled with the trumpet. Normally I hang with a bunch of free thinking lunatics. They're fun."

7. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Whew... Looks like the hard part is out of the way

Sylvan accepted the herald's hand and shook it firmly."They call me Sylvan. Good to meet you, Crowley. I just arrived last month for Grad school. Classes just started but I'm still settling in, so I'm going to worry about that spring. It gives me time to meet the locals and make sure I know what's what before I get myself into trouble."

Sylvan paused for a moment, thinking about how best to broach the topic he had in mind.

"What can you tell me about Sacramento? Anything particular I should watch out for, places I should avoid, people I should meet?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley's eyebrows raised expressively.

"New blood, eh?" He drank from his now lukewarm cup. "Well I guess you came at the right time. The place is going through a bit of spring clean, if you take my drift. Its had a bit of a wild west vibe, deep down, up till now so I hear. New management wants to fix that."

He drank again, checked his field vision before continuing. "I'd suggest keeping your wits about you. Not all the old shit has been banished and some of the night-time streets cast pretty long shadows. The local campus is a bit of a battle ground for hearts and minds - I'm not trying to put you off, friend, but be aware. I...uh... assume you know some safety protocols?" He dared a sly wink.

"As for places? Well I guess that depends on your chosen poison? I gather you are an academic sort, so the museum is a place to start. Lessee... Byzantine is a nice quiet bar until the free thinking lunatics drop by en mass for drinks. Which can be fun - as I said... Entertainment never stops. The Circle of Creation is venerable old building; old cathedral from Europe, so they say; but unless you are into games of honour and physical excellence there isn't much to do there. Except when big events happen... you know the drill. Just keep an ear to the ground, yo." He paused to place his cup back on the table. While still hunched over, he added quietly: "Be aware that there might be a John le Carre study group who hangs there, too. Not hundred percent certain... but you can never tell with fan clubs these days."

Straightening, he continued. "Ah. If none of those activities whet your whistle and you want a more neutral club... Try your luck at the Rage."

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Interesting. Terrifying, but interesting.

It came as somewhat a surprise to the Mystagogue that there was chaos in Sacramento. It simply did not occur that some Consiliaa were unstable. Given the strong will of mages and the random of often violent constructs of the fallen world, it did make sense that it would occasionally happen. It was good that the situation was being worked out though.

Sylvan tried his best to interpret the Herald's ciphered response.

So, the campus is dangerous? That changes things... He couldn't tell what the source of the danger was. Banishers, maybe, given the herald's word choice, though it still could have been almost anything given the context. But now he knew - stay off the campus. Given his enrollment that would be a problem without some serious magical bulwarking across several Arcana. He nodded slowly at the herald, accepting his warning but unsure what to do with it.

Byzantine is the Libertine spot, Circle of Creation sounds like an arrow hangout, might be a guardian spot. I've already been to the Museum...

"Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out some of these places."

Clubs weren't really his thing, but if it were a common hangout for mages, he'd probably need to get used to it. It's a shame that there didn't seem to be anywhere more private for them to have this conversation. Sylvan was pretty pleased at the amounts of information given, and felt that he needed offer something in return. Giving him something useful in a clandestine fashion would be a bit tricky though.

"I should also mention I'm an outdoorsman, and a fan of wild places. I actually took a trip to the amazon a few years back with some classmates. It was a pretty awakening experience. Are there any good trails or campgrounds around here? I'd love the opportunity to get out and explore, especially if I'm going to be in Grad School and in classrooms most of the time."

That should do it.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Glissade maybe? Plenty of parks around here. Sorry, I'm not much into camping. Last time I went off the beaten track was when we playing too much metal and much, much, too drunk. You feel me?" Crowley smiled sadly and shrugged, hoping he'd interpreted that cryptic response correctly.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Yeah, I feel you. That's what's up man, " replied the Thyrsus, chuckling. "Well, it was nice to meet you. I'll keep my ear to the ground like you said for events or whatever. But if you want I can give you my number if you ever need to reach me directly, yeah?"

Sylvan had a lot of questions still. About cabals, about Supernatural threats, about other members of the Concilium. Trying to get those answers right now would just be... awkward.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.